Bob Hill's bottom line?

elohiym

Spitfire said:
For your information, they banned me, I didn't get a chance to argue with them for days about it. :p
Did you know that you were bypassing the word filter? Did you know that you were using profanity?

I don't believe that I used profanity, and I have made an argument why. I didn't try and bypass a word filter to use a word I thought was profanity.

Care to prove that I did use profanity. If not, then shhhhhhhhhh. :shut:

elohiym

So what is the profanity exactly. Is it the word "damn" which is found in the Bible? Is it the word "God" which is found in the Bible? Is it the combination of the two words, which merely means that God curses someone or something?

The Bible indicates that God curses people and things (like trees). Is this not true?

That is what this is about. If I profaned God somehow, then someone should be able to explain it to me, and without sounding like a legalistic hypocrite.

I think it is profaning God to portray a nun as a sex symbol, as was done in the movie Nacho Libre. Who disagrees, and why?

drbrumley

That reminds me of the a preacher in california, in L.A to be exact. He said GD in the pulpit and used that very reason Elo said, "Is it the combination of the two words, which merely means that God curses someone or something?"

His reason was stupid, and Elo, sames goes with your reason.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Spitfire said:
For your information, they banned me,
You intentionally broke TOL's rules.
I didn't get a chance to argue with them for days about it. :p
I only banned you for one day.

What's there to argue about? Do you want to argue that you did not intentionally break TOL'd rules?

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
elohiym said:
Did you know that you were bypassing the word filter?
Based on the way she went about it, there is no doubt that she did.

Spitfire

Turbo said:
You intentionally broke TOL's rules. I only banned you for one day.

What's there to argue about? Do you want to argue that you did not intentionally break TOL'd rules?
I wasn't taking sides, I was just pointing out to him that he isn't the only one who gets called on things like that, despite the selective indignance he was complaining of.

drbrumley

elohiym said:
So what is the profanity exactly. Is it the word "damn" which is found in the Bible? Is it the word "God" which is found in the Bible? Is it the combination of the two words, which merely means that God curses someone or something?

The Bible indicates that God curses people and things (like trees). Is this not true?
In essense your asking God to damn something or somebody. That is wrong.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Spitfire said:
I wasn't taking sides, I was just pointing out to him that he isn't the only one who gets called on things like that, despite the selective indignance he was complaining of.
OK. :up:

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Are you a Seventh-day Adventist? They say the same exact thing. In fact, my mothyer in law is not allowed in my home because she smokes cigarettes. Not because I think smoking is a sin, but because she thinks smoking is a sin yet continues to smoke. It's hypocrisy.

Jesus ate with sinners and you ban your mother-in-law from your home? I can understand asking her not to smoke for health reasons, but to undermine family to play Judge is a cultic tactic. The JWs have the same family-destroying mentality over legalisms (in the name of self-righteous discipline, shunning, disfellowshipping).

Do you go to the next level and keep her from her daughter and grand-kids?

This matter is between her and God and is not a church discipline issue like immorality. You can have her in your home to love, pray, relate, etc. without condoning hypocrisy.

Something is wrong here, Mr. Plank-in-your-eye taking toothpicks out of everyone else's eyes. Try not to be a god-player. Your authority and judgments are not on par with Jesus.

Try finding a credible church so your extreme ideas can be challenged by godly authority wielding the Word in love. It never ceases to amaze me how the Lone Rangers are so far above the Church that Jesus loved and died for.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
elohiym said:
She obviously doesn't think her avatar is offensive, yet it endorses a movie that protrays a nun as a sex symbol. A woman that has chosed to remain pure is portrayed as a sex symbol. In the movie trailer, the nun is checking out Jack Black's butt. Nothing offensive there for women and children I guess? :rolleyes:
:rotfl: How dumb are you??? I mean really???

There have been some class A idiots stroll through TOL but you rank right up there with the top. :kookoo:

By the way... that part of the movie was hilarious!!! :rotfl:

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
elohiym said:
If nothing else in this entire thread proves that you do sin this single comment definitely does it.
That isn't what the use of those two words together means. It's outright cussing and you know it! The phrase is used to be offensive and intentionally vulgar. There is simply no possible way that you don't know that and so not only are you guilty of finding an opportunity to quote a gross profanity while leaving room for plausible deniability on your part (a very sinfully legalistic thing to do, by the way) but you have now compounded your sin by lying about what you know for a fact is the meaning of the phrase!

That is what this is about. If I profaned God somehow, then someone should be able to explain it to me, and without sounding like a legalistic hypocrite.

I think it is profaning God to portray a nun as a sex symbol, as was done in the movie Nacho Libre. Who disagrees, and why?
You sound a lot like a lawyer to me. Find all the loopholes that will allow you to invoke God in a vulgar manner while condemning others for supposedly doing the very same thing.

So lets make a list shall we...

So far you are guilty of the following....

1. Profanity: Referencing God in an intentionally vulgar manner.
2. Lying: In an attempt to justify your own use of the vulgarity you make up what you know to be false definitions of vulgar phrases.
3. Hypocrisy: Giving definitions of words in order to argue that in a technical sense your aren't guilty of profanity while adamantly insisting that one should not be legalistic.

I could go on for some time pointing out sins like teaching false doctrine and bringing false accusations against your neighbor etc but I'd rather not because that would likely lead to your calling me a hypocrite or a legalist or something worse and that would really hurt my feelings! :cry:

Resting in Him,
Clete

Messenger

elohiym said:
Last time I checked, Sozo believed that Christians still do things like commit adultery, so he and I are not describing the same sinless perfection. Okay?

You claim that God does not forgive us until we repent, yet you claim you still sin but don't have to ask God for forgiveness. You are using your one supposed act of repentance as a license to sin. That is loopy, Knight.

You say you wish you could stop sinning, but you can't, so you assume everyone is like you, unable to stop sinning. Ever heard of David or Job? David never sinned after the matter with Uriah...

1 Kings 15:5 Because David did that which was right in the eyes of the LORD, and turned not aside from any thing that he commanded him all the days of his life, save only in the matter of Uriah the Hittite.

You can't be like David? Why?

Job 1:1 There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was perfect and upright, and one that feared God, and eschewed evil.

You can't be like Job? Why?

Do you think it is against God's will that you stop sinning? Obviously it isn't. Then why, if you "wish" you could stop sinning, are your prayers being unanswered?

1 John 5:14 And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:
15 And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.

Do you believe that? If so, then why can't you stop sinning? :confused:

That certainly would be easier than you trying to restore me in a spirit of meekness. :chuckle:

Elohiym, this is a very good and compelling argument. This is why I'm weary of Saul of Tarsus. He too says that he wished he could stop sinning but can't.

Romans 7:13-22 (King James Version)

13 Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful.

14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.

I do know what is right, I just don't do it. Instead I serve a second master

16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.

????? What Paul??? ??????

17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

Here's a great excuse everyone: It's not you that does it, it's the sin itself!

18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

I know that I shouldn't sin, but I don't have the self-control to do anything about it

19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.

I chose evil over good everytime

20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

Like I said, sin has a complete grip on my actions

21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.

So then . . . good = evil?

3 John 1:11 (King James Version)

11 Beloved, follow not that which is evil, but that which is good. He that doeth good is of God: but he that doeth evil hath not seen God.

Malachi 2:17 (KJV)

17 Ye have wearied the LORD with your words. Yet ye say, Wherein have we wearied him? When ye say, Every one that doeth evil is good in the sight of the LORD, and he delighteth in them; or, Where is the God of judgment?

Paul claims that evil is made righteousness in the eyes of God, through the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ. News Flash: Evil is being tossed into everlasting fire. Stop working iniquity or be destroyed.

Bob Hill

TOL Subscriber
This passage in Romans tells us what we have to do to be saved.

Rom 3:20-28 Therefore by the deeds of the law no flesh will be justified in His sight, for by the law is the knowledge of sin. 21 But now the righteousness of God apart from the law is revealed, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets, 22 even the righteousness of God, through faith in Jesus Christ, to all and on all who believe. For there is no difference; 23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24 being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, 25 whom God set forth as a propitiation by His blood, through faith, to demonstrate His righteousness, because in His forbearance God had passed over the sins that were previously committed, 26 to demonstrate at the present time His righteousness, that He might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus. 27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? Of works? No, but by the law of faith. 28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith apart from the deeds of the law.

I'm saved and safe in Christ,
Bob Hill

Bob Hill

TOL Subscriber
Christ came into the world to die for us. He died for our sins. I believe that He died for me.

That's my bottom line.

Bob Hill

billwald

My bottom line is the Creator of the Universe will do what is right.

Rom 3:20-28 Therefore by the deeds of the law no flesh will be justified in His sight, for by the law is the knowledge of sin. 21 But now the righteousness of God apart from the law is revealed, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets, 22 even the righteousness of God, through faith in Jesus Christ, to all and on all who believe. For there is no difference; 23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24 being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, 25 whom God set forth as a propitiation by His blood, through faith, to demonstrate His righteousness, because in His forbearance God had passed over the sins that were previously committed, 26 to demonstrate at the present time His righteousness, that He might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus. 27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? Of works? No, but by the law of faith. 28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith apart from the deeds of the law.

24 being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, 25 whom God set forth as a propitiation by His blood, through faith, to demonstrate His righteousness, because in His forbearance God had passed over the sins that were previously committed,

The straw man is "through faith" in v. 25 because it assumes facts not in evience. The conclusion in v. 28 is circular with v. 25.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
billwald said:
Bob Hill's bottom line is that anyone who reads the Bible and concludes that the description of "saved" applies to himself is "saved?"
Not at all.:nono:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Knight said:
:rotfl: Your point????

I haven't seen one even semi compelling point on this topic from you or Sozo.

It's a massive flop. Seriously, if I were you I would drop it and start over.... you are a mess.
Yes, elohiym is a mess. But he doesn't agree with Sozo, at all.:nono: