Bob Enyart Hangs Stephen Hawking Out to Freeze

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeremiah

BANNED
Banned
................I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent. 1 Cor. 1-19.

Who would have thought destroying something could be this funny, and so much fun.
Thanks Bob, and I agree with an earlier poster. This is classic Bob Enyart. :crackup:

Joe Roberts

BANNED
Banned
Shimei said:
Lighten up, Francis.

"Hawking: Bob sets the record straight: last week's spoof of an interview with Stephen Hawking was a joke!"

Well looks like I was right about Bob Enyart.

I always thought lying was a sin.

:down:

Shadowx

That's a lie.

That's a lie.

You thought wrong.

1Ki 22:22 And the LORD said unto him, Wherewith? And he said, I will go forth, and I will be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets. And he said, Thou shalt persuade him, and prevail also: go forth, and do so.

Jam 2:25 Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way? (Was not rahab justified by works when she had lied..to God's enemies?) God and His people (in faith) lied to his enemies at times.

The lie is saying it's always wrong to lie.

Joe Roberts

BANNED
Banned
Shadowx said:
You thought wrong.

1Ki 22:22 And the LORD said unto him, Wherewith? And he said, I will go forth, and I will be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets. And he said, Thou shalt persuade him, and prevail also: go forth, and do so.

Jam 2:25 Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way? (Was not rahab justified by works when she had lied..to God's enemies?) God and His people (in faith) lied to his enemies at times.

The lie is saying it's always wrong to lie.

The thing with Enyart, none of that applies

One Eyed Jack

What have you got against Bob Enyart, Joe? You seemed to like him just fine last time I heard you talking to him on the radio. What's changed?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Bob wasn't lying. It was a joke. And Bob had to come clean, because a lot of people didn't realize it was a joke. He expected they would realize it, but they did not. Similar to the reading of War of the Worlds on the radio, all those years ago.

Shadowx

Joe Roberts said:
The thing with Enyart, none of that applies

Enyart did not tell a lie with malicious intentions to unjustly harm his audience.
Do you believe he did? If so, you should call him up and rebuke him and then if he repents, forgive him..

Nor did he sin against the man who wants to populate the sun, in impersonating him and mocking him..

Oops..I lied, he said the moon.

Danny

jeremiah

BANNED
Banned
I knew it was a spoof right from the beginning. I have learned from listening to previous Bob Enyart shows, that evolutionist believing scientists, {DR. Kirk Johnson eg.} do not believe that they exist. Since Dr Hawking is an evolutionist, he also must believe that he does not exist. If he does not exist he could not have been a guest on Bob's show, ipso facto, it had to be a spoof.
I can't believe that so many people could not follow this simple deductive reasoning, that makes perfect sense when dealing with evolutionary scientists!

rehcjam

The idea that Bob was lying does not even deserve a response. What I had a problem with was-
Jefferson said:
* Thankfully, Indiana prosecutors have charged the driver of a getaway car with murder because police gunned down his partner during a robbery!
Hey, how are you going to charge someone with murder when a murder was not committed. How moronic. We should not kill people who should not die and Bob should know that.

JoyfulRook

rehcjam said:
The idea that Bob was lying does not even deserve a response. What I had a problem with was-
Hey, how are you going to charge someone with murder when a murder was not committed. How moronic. We should not kill people who should not die and Bob should know that.
Maybe you don't understand what happened.

JoyfulRook

Article said:
"This is a relatively rare case," Wayne County Prosecutor Michael Shipman said. "But Indiana law says that if a defendant engages in a felony crime and a person gets killed in the commission of that crime, then the defendant can be charged for murder."
This seems just to me.

rehcjam

The law is twisted and corrupted when it is applied in this manner. No innocent person lost his life. No murder was committed. If the death penalty were to be applied in this case what crime would this person be executed for? It would be murder to kill someone who had not committed a capital crime no matter how the law is applied or which law is used to affirm the case of the prosecutor.
I do agree that if the robber had shot and killed the officer instead both could be charged in the case (that is more typical of how it would be applied), but that is not what happened. Right and wrong has only been further confused in this case.

fool

Hall of Fame
That was pathetic, Bob's smarter then that, he could have made a counter-argument without all the theatrics.
Establishing a colony of humans would help insure that an extinction level event on Earth would not destroy all of humanity. The problem is that the Moon or Mars would be great technological feats and if Earth got smeared they'd lose their tech support.
Example would be that Cosomonaut that was stuck on the Soviet space station for like two years when his country collapsed. Imagine being on the moon and seeing Earth struck by a meteor and realizing you forgot the batteries for your rebreather.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
fool said:
That was pathetic, Bob's smarter then that,
What was pathetic? What wasn't smart about Bob's joke? Do you mean that Bob should have known that some listeners wouldn't get the joke?

he could have made a counter-argument without all the theatrics.
But that wouldn't have been as fun.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
rehcjam said:
Hey, how are you going to charge someone with murder when a murder was not committed.
Because of his illegal actions, his partner is dead. Therefore he is responsible. It's the same principle in a case of robbery. If the police accidentally or even purposefully need to destroy some property in order to apprehend a fleeing criminal, that criminal should have to pay the damages because those damages would have never occurred if he had not committed that crime in the first place. Therefore he is responsible for all damages, even the one's he did not personally commit.

Vern Reed

BANNED
Banned
Lighthouse said:
Bob wasn't lying. It was a joke. And Bob had to come clean, because a lot of people didn't realize it was a joke. He expected they would realize it, but they did not. Similar to the reading of War of the Worlds on the radio, all those years ago.

Let's not confuse the genius of The War of The Worlds and its broadcast with a radio show on which some preacher pulled some jiggery-pokery. They are worlds apart. :p

Joe Roberts

BANNED
Banned
One Eyed Jack said:
What have you got against Bob Enyart, Joe? You seemed to like him just fine last time I heard you talking to him on the radio. What's changed?

I still listen to him from time to time, but it’s the stuff like mocking Stephen Hawking that I don’t like. It’s one thing to use satire to make a point, but when you use someone’s disability against them, that’s just wrong & evil.

Status
Not open for further replies.