Bob Asks Ann Coulter About Conservative Godlessness

Status
Not open for further replies.

CRASH

TOL Subscriber
jeremiah said:
I don't think my question is all that different! The principle is, shall the guilty, benefit from the "goodheartedness of the righteous, and one innocent person!
That is what terrorist kidnappers are betting on.
Similarly, those who oppose the death penalty, are holding the one "proverbial" innocent person hostage, to the thousands they will set free!
The only way I can answer it is through the golden rule! If I am the innocent hostage in either case you may kill me, so that the guilty will not go free!
That is how I say, do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Since I can say this for myself, then I can say it for the others. I would have the one innocent falsely accused murderer put to death, if it will insure the guilty are also put to death.
The end result is that more innocent lives will be saved by the execution of one innocent, than the freeing of that same one! I could truly, "rest in peace."
When liberals apply the golden rule to themselves they either would free "themselves", or they would picture their "own" child in the same situation. Out of love, they must answer yes to your question.

I still believe they are 2 different questions.

No I would not knowingly sacrifice my life to hold have the thousand put to death Call me selfish, but I do not see a moral obligation. I could choose differently and let my self be killed and that might be an honorable thing to do. But more likely, I would stay alive for my own benefit and that of my family.

Regarding public policy; no system will be failsafe, but I can't think of one that would be better than God's!

My question cuts to the heart of the liberal mindset regarding criminal justice which is usually twisted to allow thousands of murders a year ( many by repeat offenders) in our country alone.

CRASH

TOL Subscriber
Granite said:
I'd agree with Crash that the system is warped, but a trial by jury with fair representation is in and of itself not an intrinsically wicked idea.

I see your point, but justice to me is very black and white.

When the evidence is there for conviction, there should be no opportunity to escape your punishment. Jurys and lawyers provide the opportunity to escape the punishment for the crime you commit.

Granite

Hall of Fame
CRASH said:
I see your point, but justice to me is very black and white.

When the evidence is there for conviction, there should be no opportunity to escape your punishment. Jurys and lawyers provide the opportunity to escape the punishment for the crime you commit.

Tell that to someone wrongfully convicted when there's a mountain of evidence that could persuade a jury that you're guilty.

Jukia

truthteller86 said:
If we were to institute a righteous system of justice where capital offenders were swiftly executed, God promises us we would not have a crime epidemic. ~ttlr86

I really am intrigued by this. Care to tell us where this comes from, is it Biblical?
And if this is one of God's promises has there ever been such a rightous system of justice that pleased God? If so, when and where? If not, why do you think He waited till now to provide for it???

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
CRASH said:
Would you let a thousand guilty murderers go free just to save the life of one unjustly convicted murderer?
Executing one unjustly convicted murderer is indeed tragic, but not nearly as tragic as letting a thousand murders go free! Not even as tragic as letting 10 murderers go free. As a matter of fact if one of those murderers went on to kill someone you love, would executing one unjustly convicted murderer have been any more tragic than setting that one murderer free?

CRASH

TOL Subscriber
Jukia said:
So sorry, forgot you fundies have a lock on scriptural interpretation. But since it usually starts with a literal interpretation of Genesis--I believe you to be incorrect.

Brilliant comeback! You win!

:rolleyes:

dale

dale said:
Was Stephen Hawking really on the show? ... I... I mean, was Ann Coulter really on the show?
CRASH said:

Well maybe, if you say so. You do know Bob's propensity to bear false witness though... um... I mean manufacture spoofs though. Also, audio editing has gotten so sophisticated, I wouldn't be surprised if it really wasn't Stephen Hawking... I mean Ann Coulter.

Jukia

No, I think Coulter was really on the show. Did you listen to it? Would anyone pretend to be someone with that whiny pretentious voice???

truthteller86

Jukia said:
I really am intrigued by this. Care to tell us where this comes from, is it Biblical?
And if this is one of God's promises has there ever been such a rightous system of justice that pleased God? If so, when and where? If not, why do you think He waited till now to provide for it???
If you are honest and willing to humble yourself..."really", then PM me. I will not participate in a back and fourth "Oh yeah, well where's that in the Bible" with someone who would reject any of God's Word. For example, if a homo says "Oh yeah, where in the Bible does it say homos should be put to death?" and a Christian lists all the verses...Old and New Teestament, then the homo says, "Well that's just your 'interpretation' & I know plenty of people who think differently". I'm just reinforcing my observation that most people who could care less what God says, really don't care. Humility is rare. Always has been, always will be. As for myself, growing up Catholic, I "really" did want to know the Truth when presented with the Gospel. I was ready to humble myself and admit that I was wrong and accept what God had to say rather than man (or my own preference). I know I am rambling, but this is true. When someone, anyone is humble, it is clearly evident in a change of heart...something God describes as "repentence". A concept foreign to the majority. Anyway, Jukia. I'll give you the reference if you want it, but how you respond to it will only reinforce my observation.

CRASH

TOL Subscriber
Jukia said:
No, I think Coulter was really on the show. Did you listen to it? Would anyone pretend to be someone with that whiny pretentious voice???

Come to think of it, when I read your posts, I hear a whiny, pretentious voice. Are you pretending or is that your real voice?

CRASH

TOL Subscriber
dale said:
Well maybe, if you say so. You do know Bob's propensity to bear false witness though... um... I mean manufacture spoofs though. Also, audio editing has gotten so sophisticated, I wouldn't be surprised if it really wasn't Stephen Hawking... I mean Ann Coulter.

Bearing false witness? Are you serious?

It was a really funny spoof. Classic.

fool

Hall of Fame
Delmar said:
Executing one unjustly convicted murderer is indeed tragic, but not nearly as tragic as letting a thousand murders go free! Not even as tragic as letting 10 murderers go free. As a matter of fact if one of those murderers went on to kill someone you love, would executing one unjustly convicted murderer have been any more tragic than setting that one murderer free?
Absolutly.

Status
Not open for further replies.