Blaspheming the Holy Spirit

lifeisgood

“Wherefore I say unto you, all manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit shall not be forgiven unto men” (Matthew 12:31).

When Jesus was accused of casting out demons by the power of Satan, when in reality He was doing it through the Power of the Holy Spirit, these accusers blasphemed the Spirit of God.

Blaspheming the Holy Spirit can only be committed by someone who professes to know the Lord, as the Pharisees of old, or else had once known Him; and then turned against Him.

The unredeemed, who has NEVER known the Lord, cannot blaspheme the Holy Spirit simply because they have no true knowledge of the Spirit.

The person that blasphemes the Holy Spirit is doomed!

However, the statements do not mean a blackslider cannot not come back to the Lord; but they do mean that one who has actually blasphemed the Holy Spirit, will have no desire to come BACK to the Lord, but in fact, will continue to oppose Him.

Anyone who desires to come to the Lord, which desire is placed there by the Holy Spirit can do so (Rev. 22:17).

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
“Wherefore I say unto you, all manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit shall not be forgiven unto men” (Matthew 12:31).

When Jesus was accused of casting out demons by the power of Satan, when in reality He was doing it through the Power of the Holy Spirit, these accusers blasphemed the Spirit of God.

Blaspheming the Holy Spirit can only be committed by someone who professes to know the Lord, as the Pharisees of old, or else had once known Him; and then turned against Him.

The unredeemed, who has NEVER known the Lord, cannot blaspheme the Holy Spirit simply because they have no true knowledge of the Spirit.

The person that blasphemes the Holy Spirit is doomed!

However, the statements do not mean a blackslider cannot not come back to the Lord; but they do mean that one who has actually blasphemed the Holy Spirit, will have no desire to come BACK to the Lord, but in fact, will continue to oppose Him.

Anyone who desires to come to the Lord, which desire is placed there by the Holy Spirit can do so (Rev. 22:17).

And what do you say blasphemy of the Spirit is?

One In Christ

It is unbelief.

Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men. (Matthew 12:31 KJV)

keypurr

It is unbelief.

Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men. (Matthew 12:31 KJV)

How can unbelief be a sin if you do not accept the story?
How is that blasphemy?

I am not trying to be a pain, I just want to understand you.

keypurr

There is no pardon for the man who dies in continual unbelief

OK, I see what your saying.

Supposing that he did not get enough information to believe?
Would that put a bigger burden on his teacher?
For his soul would be in the teachers hands then.

Just thinking out loud.
I do not want to get off topic.

One In Christ

Just thinking out loud.

Is it not just that when we die, we go to hell?

God did not have to save us.

Do you think lack of information determines belief?

Letsargue

How can unbelief be a sin if you do not accept the story?
How is that blasphemy?

I am not trying to be a pain, I just want to understand you.

The Jews didn’t believe Jesus, and yet they blasphemed Him, and the Holy Ghost, and they were condemned then, and forever. – ((( Or else AD 70 never happened ))). This nonsense about not being a Christian, that your blaspheming doesn’t count, is nothing but foolish nonsense which is “blaspheming” the Truth which is Jesus Christ!!!!

There is not a church, and the members of any so called christian church that DON’T Blaspheme the Holy Ghost today, and yesterday!! The Holy Ghost (( IS THE BODY OF CHRIST, THE CHURCH )) That’s who the Holy Ghost is now, - “THE CHURCH”!!
Just how many holy-things do you all have dwelling in you?? – There is only one that is HOLY!! – The Divine is only one thing and it is Christ the Body of Jesus the Holy Body that is GHOST / THE TRUTH - A “SPIRIT OF TRUTH” WITH FORM. --- If any of you denounce the True Church, the Holy Spiritual Body of Jesus Christ; you have blasphemed the Holy Body of Christ the Holy Spirit / Ghost / GOD!!!! ------- ((( DUMB ))) calling yourselves wise!!

Paul – 050912

Letsargue

One need information to formulate a belief.

I ain’t seen so little Faith in all Israel!!!!

We’re not talking about a ~~belief~~, but “FAITH”. - Belief is not the evidence of anything, but Faith is!! So “ALL” Faith comes from ALL THE WORD!! - No Faith comes from anything short of ALL THE WORD!!! – If you had any knowledge, you’d “know” that!!

WWOOWWWW!!!!! --- If the WORD / “THE” “WORD” is where one gets his FAITH, then how is it that “THE” “FAITH” can come from just a SMALL amount of “THE” “WORD”?? - Doesn’t one’s Faith equal his amount of Word contained in his heart and is ALIVE!!!! --- If all of Jesus / Truth / the Word / the Light; - if all of Jesus in not in one, THEN HOW CAN ANY OF JESUS BE IN “YOU”?? – OOHH ye of little Faith, and knowledge!!!

Paul – 050912

bybee

I ain’t seen so little Faith in all Israel!!!!

We’re not talking about a ~~belief~~, but “FAITH”. - Belief is not the evidence of anything, but Faith is!! So “ALL” Faith comes from ALL THE WORD!! - No Faith comes from anything short of ALL THE WORD!!! – If you had any knowledge, you’d “know” that!!

WWOOWWWW!!!!! --- If the WORD / “THE” “WORD” is where one gets his FAITH, then how is it that “THE” “FAITH” can come from just a SMALL amount of “THE” “WORD”?? - Doesn’t one’s Faith equal his amount of Word contained in his heart and is ALIVE!!!! --- If all of Jesus / Truth / the Word / the Light; - if all of Jesus in not in one, THEN HOW CAN ANY OF JESUS BE IN “YOU”?? – OOHH ye of little Faith, and knowledge!!!

Paul – 050912

Why aren't you addressing the non-trinitarians who post their blasphemies on this web site?

OMEGA

De 6:5 And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart,

and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.

Mt 22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God

with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

Lu 10:27 And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart,
and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind;

and thy neighbour as thyself.

NOTICE that he adds MIND to it.

Letsargue

De 6:5 And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart,

and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.

Mt 22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God

with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

Lu 10:27 And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart,
and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind;

and thy neighbour as thyself.

NOTICE that he adds MIND to it.

Yes!! -- That's all the Spiritual is, just Mind / Spirit / Ghost / Angel!!

Paul -- 050912

Letsargue

Just thinking out loud.

Come on keypurr. Even the Heavens declare the Glory of God, and says that there is no excuse. You all don't even know what the "Glory" of God is, how do you think you're going to get away with being without Faith? Just playing the part over and over? - That's Faithless.

Paul -- 050912