Bishop charged in fatal DUI hit-and-run

GFR7

Town Heretic said:
That would be pushing the envelope on a whole new generation of stupid. If a Baptist preacher cheats on his wife it doesn't tar Baptists. But I suppose it comes down to whether you're of the mind that people are responsible for their own actions or not.
I think it was extreme and not appropriate, yes.

A personal tragedy that became a broader one.
Yes.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The only question is did the alcohol cause the accident. Many accidents are not from speeding or alcohol and fools are manipulated into think they are.

Proof is that accidents happen when going slow and stone cold sober. Yet nobody raises an eyebrow over the inability to operate a motor vehicle in their proper mind. It is as if it doesn't matter. You will see the news report and the reporter will say "alcohol was not involved so it is just a tragedy" and they put their pitch forks away. And the sheople follow the order. As if that negligent homicide is somehow different than one involving drunkenness.

There is no difference.

GFR7

The only question is did the alcohol cause the accident. Many accidents are not from speeding or alcohol and fools are manipulated into think they are.

Proof is that accidents happen when going slow and stone cold sober. Yet nobody raises an eyebrow over the inability to operate a motor vehicle in their proper mind. It is as if it doesn't matter. You will see the news report and the reporter will say "alcohol was not involved so it is just a tragedy" and they put their pitch forks away. And the sheople follow the order. As if that negligent homicide is somehow different than one involving drunkenness.

There is no difference.
I wholly agree. :thumb:

Aggressive driving, foggy-headed driving, cell phone use or texting while driving, can cause more accidents than drinking.

I have seen cases where the victim CAUSED the accident. In one case, their car was stopped on an exit ramp, in the pitch black and driving rain, off an interstate, and the guy who came and hit them - (ANYONE would have hit them, it was unavoidable) was charged with vehicular homicide simply because he had alcohol in his bloodstream. But the fact is, a sober person would not have been able to avoid such an accident.