Biblical Flat Enclosed Earth and Firmament

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
EDIT: I should have thought more before starting this thread but it is what it is. In this thread I want it to be about canonized scripture. Anything in the 66 books with interpretations or testimonies. I would like to focus on what the scriptures say about the Biblical, enclosed flat earth and firmament. How do we interpret them from what was known at the times they were written.

I decided to start a new thread for discussion of a Biblical, enclosed flat earth, sky and firmament for anyone interested. Personally, I will probably edit: NOT post more videos and pictures than scripture. I will try to avoid taking scripture out of context and I will not post any scientific data for FE nor for a spinning flying ball. I'm doing this to stop posting religious posts in DFT Dave's thread and to leave flat earth just another popular conspiracy in my Conspiracy Thread.

I think this is a great video for starting out the thread and I like this youtube channel and speaker.

I would prefer no scientific data for a globe but I realize I can't control that. Biblical evidence for a spherical moving earth is certainly welcome.

'The Gift of Looking Stupid' - Flat Earth & the Mark of the Beast...

https://youtu.be/fRgiPBxaMFs - Click on link for full screen. Sometimes clicking on the video cuts off half the screen. But the screen does not get cut off if you're on a phone.

13 minutes

Updated OP - This a good video for Christians and explains the basis of the flat earth theory. Is it Biblical? this video asks a lot of questions that Christians ask and think about. This is a testimony and interpretation of scripture that I agree with. See if you do too.

See post # 2 for an ancient Hebrew interpretation of the universe.

Last edited:

jaybird

can a flat earther explain how the flat earth benefits a Christian? i dont get it, what difference does it make. Jesus said the Most High is one, does that statement have a different meaning depending on the shape of the earth?
someone please explain to me how flat earth has anything to do with spirituality.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
can a flat earther explain how the flat earth benefits a Christian? i dont get it, what difference does it make. Jesus said the Most High is one, does that statement have a different meaning depending on the shape of the earth?
someone please explain to me how flat earth has anything to do with spirituality.
It doesn't make a difference to me. It's not something that benefits me personally, but it may benefit some folks. Believers and non-believers alike. It's based on interpreting God's word. Some people already know the gospel of salvation and some don't. This is another way that God can bring people to Jesus Christ, imo. He can also bring people to Christ using science, don't get me wrong. It depends on what you believe to be true or not. If you're 100% sure of a flying spinning ball, then that settles. I'm not 100% sure. Read the scriptures at the bottom of my post sometime. I don't know where you are as a believer.

2003cobra

Interesting thread.

It places a spotlight on how far from the truth people can drive when they insist on a literal reading of scriptures and insist on infallibility of scriptures.

The scriptures were never meant to teach cosmology and science. Their purpose is to bring people to God and instruct people towards righteousness and love for one another.

These messages were given and written by people with incomplete or wrong notions about science and the heavens and the earth — and those misconceptions were not what was important to change or influence.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Interesting thread.

It places a spotlight on how far from the truth people can drive when they insist on a literal reading of scriptures and insist on infallibility of scriptures.

The scriptures were never meant to teach cosmology and science. Their purpose is to bring people to God and instruct people towards righteousness and love for one another.

These messages were given and written by people with incomplete or wrong notions about science and the heavens and the earth — and those misconceptions were not what was important to change or influence.
Yes, it makes no difference when you are saved and sealed in Christ. Until one is, they usually ask questions. Many people believe the scriptures as written and can tell the difference when it's not literal. From what I've seen of your covert operation it's a conspiracy against the Word of God. The day you showed up you started telling people the errors you think you've found in scripture. Stick to those threads if that's what you intend to do in this thread. This is not the thread for that, this thread is for people that believe scripture is the preserved word of God. You don't, so take your clown act elsewhere. Read my Original Post in a post above. You don't qualify. btw, anything that God uses to bring a person to Christ is "important".

Psalm 12:6-7 KJV - The words of the Lord are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.Thou shalt keep them, O Lord, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.

Last edited:

Lon

I will watch it very shortly, it will be interesting to hear testimonies from both sides. Again, if there are testimonies of interpretations of the Bible with very little citing of scientific data, and information, I'm now trying to discuss what the scripture says with interpretations of them based on the times they were written mostly.

I am about to edit the OP slightly if I can quit replying for a bit, as I just checked the religion forum on TOL, it allows for science and science related threads and I assume, posts. I can only ask others to follow the soon to be updated Original first post of this thread, I suppose. I thought about putting in ECT to begin with but that restricts potential visitors (If I remember right).

I think too, though for some reason, not always true, this discussion tends to be 'light.' Those who truly believe in a flat-earth might not appreciate that. Creation is huge on the other hand so for me, even a Tesla-in-space at least sounds cool. It is still, obviously, a light-hearted discussion at that point. Maybe one day something profound will come of it :idunno:

I'll be interested to see more scriptures, but for me, the scriptures posted so far support either thought because they are so basically given. The reason I think you'll love Louie, is because he embraces Romans 1:19,20 and Psalm 19:1 so well. We all love hearing (I think) how incredible our universe is and seeing God's handiwork. The further out we go, the further we are in awe of ALL He has created, especially, when you think about it, because we've no idea how big this creation of God's actually is!

Lon

Interesting thread.

It could, but that's our perspective and interpretation. At least, it helps one see both sides of the creation/evolution discussion/debate, perhaps, in a little more appreciation.
I believe that is overstated. The 'intention' isn't to teach such BUT AS these relate to God. There is no question, in my mind, if one is seeking truth (such as the goal of science), then there is no contest. You? I think you yet assume the bible gets it wrong sometimes. I don't.

Ah, there. You confirmed it. It is a bias. 1 Corinthians 7:40

SaulToPaul 2

can a flat earther explain how the flat earth benefits a Christian?

Theoretically, it could help future people to avoid deception when the government tells them that aliens have invaded to help them set up a peaceful (anti-Christ) kingdom. The flat earther would know that aliens do not exist, only fallen angels.

2003cobra

I think too, though for some reason, not always true, this discussion tends to be 'light.' Those who truly believe in a flat-earth might not appreciate that. Creation is huge on the other hand so for me, even a Tesla-in-space at least sounds cool. It is still, obviously, a light-hearted discussion at that point. Maybe one day something profound will come of it :idunno:

I'll be interested to see more scriptures, but for me, the scriptures posted so far support either thought because they are so basically given. The reason I think you'll love Louie, is because he embraces Romans 1:19,20 and Psalm 19:1 so well. We all love hearing (I think) how incredible our universe is and seeing God's handiwork. The further out we go, the further we are in awe of ALL He has created, especially, when you think about it, because we've no idea how big this creation of God's actually is!

I saw Louie give that sermon at church one Sunday. It is good.

Reactions: Lon

2003cobra

It could, but that's our perspective and interpretation. At least, it helps one see both sides of the creation/evolution discussion/debate, perhaps, in a little more appreciation.
I believe that is overstated. The 'intention' isn't to teach such BUT AS these relate to God. There is no question, in my mind, if one is seeking truth (such as the goal of science), then there is no contest. You? I think you yet assume the bible gets it wrong sometimes. I don't.

Ah, there. You confirmed it. It is a bias. 1 Corinthians 7:40
We will disagree on “bias.”

I can see yours.

If I do have a bias, it is against turning people away from the gospel with unreasonable interpretations that require people to deny the evidence God has given us in creation.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Interesting thread.
I hope so.

The other side of the coin is folks that spiritualize and symbolize scripture to death as to force scripture to say anything they imagine.

The scriptures were never meant to teach cosmology and science.
Says who???

Men penned the scriptures, but GOD was the author.
GOD did not have incomplete or wrong notions.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I would think that, for a Christian, describing the earth in the way GOD does would be more accurate than any man's speculative and limited knowledge of it.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
If you like this thread or are just slightly interested and you haven't watched this 13 minute video, please watch to see where I'm coming from. The video is above this post also and in the very first post of this thread. If you don't and you want to simply call me crazy then, as meshak says, good day to you.

The Gift of Looking Stupid' - Flat Earth & the Mark of the Beast...

https://youtu.be/fRgiPBxaMFs - 13 minutes - this video speaks of an enclosed earth and firmament and the end times. @Lon
Quick question: In Revelation 6 when the Bible tells the "stars" of heaven fall to earth, do you think it's talking about sun-like sized stars or bigger falling to earth? It would only take one star. We believe they are fallen angels but are they really stars?

Revelation 6:13 KJV - And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If you like this thread or are just slightly interested and you haven't watched this 13 minute video, please watch to see where I'm coming from. If you don't and you want to simply call me crazy then, as meshak says, good day to you.

The Gift of Looking Stupid' - Flat Earth & the Mark of the Beast...

https://youtu.be/fRgiPBxaMFs - 13 minutes - this video speaks of an enclosed earth and firmament and the end times. @Lon
Quick question: In Revelation 6 when the Bible tells the "stars" of heaven fall to earth, do you think it's talking about sun-like sized stars or bigger falling to earth? It would only take one star. We believe they are fallen angels but are they really stars?

Revelation 6:13 KJV - And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.

The premise of this video can be summed up as .....

GOD's wisdom is foolishness to the world.
Many will tell you the virgin birth is foolishness, and the 6 day creation is foolishness, and describing the earth as flat is foolishness.
Either GOD's description of these things is the true wisdom we should proclaim, or the world's description of these things is the true wisdom we should proclaim.
Are you willing to look like a fool to the world and therefore don't fit in with the rest of the world, or will you cave in to the notions of the world to fit in?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
You also think the earth is flat and not spherical?

So believing that the earth is flat is simply a show of faith?
I don't know a Christian that believes 100% that were on a flat enclosed earth and firmament. Tam doesn't and I don't. I'm saying that according to scripture it's possible. Are you a Christian?

If you are, you may like the video in the very first post of this thread and on the previous paage. If not, you can disparage the faith here in this thread if you like. We have science related flat earth threads available, as you know.

Faith related questions are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.