ECT "Bible Answer Man" goes Greek Orthodox

musterion

http://christiannews.net/2017/04/11...hanegraaff-chrismated-into-eastern-orthodoxy/

On Monday, a listener to Hanegraaff’s radio broadcast called in to inquire if he had indeed converted to Orthodoxy. He advised that he has been attending Saint Nektarios for more than two years, but is just now becoming a member.

“I am now a member of an Orthodox church, but nothing has changed in my faith,” [???] Hanegraaff said. “I have been attending an Orthodox church for a long time—for over two years, really, as a result of what happened when I went to China many years ago.”

Hank-compressed-701x481.jpg

So much for salvation by grace though faith in Christ without works, eh Hank?

Danoh

http://christiannews.net/2017/04/11...hanegraaff-chrismated-into-eastern-orthodoxy/

Hank-compressed-701x481.jpg

So much for salvation by grace though faith in Christ without works, eh Hank?

What a mess.

I saw that in the man many years ago, at a personal appearance of his someone had invited me to.

In one breath he asserted salvation by grace through faith withour works - in the very next, he contradicted himself with a passage about works out of Luke.

Lol, during the live question and answer afterwards, when I confronted him on his contradiction, both he and his rather large audience hostily turned on me with a zeal I had to at least admire :chuckle:

musterion

Hank Hannegraaff, president of the Christian Research Institute and host of The Bible Answer Man radio broadcast, has left "evangelicalism" and joined the Greek Orthodox Church. On Palm Sunday, he was "chrismated" (anointed) at the Saint Nektarios Greek Orthodox Church of Charlotte, North Carolina (Christian Post, Apr. 11, 2017).

Greek Orthodoxy, a split from the Roman Catholic Church, is absolutely filled with heresy. Salvation is through the seven sacraments, beginning with baptism, which is called the new birth, followed by "holy charismation," which is anointing by an Orthodox priest and "makes the baptized person the possessor of the Spirit." Salvation is then fed by the "Holy Eucharist," whereby Christ supposedly is sacrificed anew and the bread and wine becomes the actual body and blood of Christ.

In Orthodoxy, Mary is "venerated" as the "ever virgin" Mother of God, "more honorable than the Cherubim and more glorious, beyond compare, than the Seraphim," the "Panagia All-Holy," who was "assumed body and soul into Heaven."

In Orthodoxy, tradition is equal in authority to Scripture, and prayers are spoken to the dead. All of this can be found at the website of Saint Nektarios Greek Orthodox Church. The emphasis of Greek Orthodoxy is not faith but sight. "The church is an icon of Christ and the Body of Christ."

Christ is supposedly known and experienced through sacraments, liturgy, icons, incense, candles, bells, rituals, pilgrimages, veneration of relics, monasticism.

I have visited Orthodox churches and monasteries in many countries and witnessed its gross idolatry. Converted Hindu friends, upon entering an Orthodox church, always comment that it "is just like Hinduism." The waters of evangelicalism today are occupied by a bewildering variety of theological compromise, worldliness, and heresies. Those who use Contemporary Christian Music build bridges to these waters, and the result can be spiritual shipwreck.

David Cloud, wayoflife.org