Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
BEL's YouTube Televised Classics

This is the show from Monday, August 7th, 2017

SUMMARY:

Bob airs the audio tracks from some interesting BEL TV show segments. (Having passed our quarter-of-a-million goal for YouTube views, we're now well on our way to 300,000! Would you have a view and help us out? Thanks so much!)

way 2 go

eagle eggs :up:

giphy.gif

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
[MENTION=67]Jefferson[/MENTION]

Or anyone that might know ....

Does watching the videos in your post boost the view count; or does one need to go to the youtube page each video is on and watch it there for the view count to go up?

I'm not sure, and was wondering if it mattered.
:think:

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
[MENTION=67]Jefferson[/MENTION]

Or anyone that might know ....

Does watching the videos in your post boost the view count; or does one need to go to the youtube page each video is on and watch it there for the view count to go up?

I'm not sure, and was wondering if it mattered.
:think:

I'm not sure. But you can test it. See how many counts a video has on Youtube. Then watch it on BEL. Then go back to Youtube to see if the count rose by one.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm not sure.
Me either.
I presented the question in the THE REST open forum.
Maybe someone will know for sure.

But you can test it. See how many counts a video has on Youtube. Then watch it on BEL. Then go back to Youtube to see if the count rose by one.
I usually do switch to the youtube page of a video to watch it.
But if some just watch the videos you posted in the post you made, then no counts may register.
We'll see.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Another member of TOL says that according to discussion on the Google Product Forum, youtube videos (as linked in our posts here) will boost the view count of the video.
It also mentions that at least half of the video must be watched to ensure a view count.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Another member of TOL says that according to discussion on the Google Product Forum, youtube videos (as linked in our posts here) will boost the view count of the video.
It also mentions that at least half of the video must be watched to ensure a view count.

Good to know. I think it's YouTube videos posted on Facebook that do not raise the counts.