Being Forgiven

glorydaz

Paul teaches that one must repent of their sins to be saved.

See 2 Timothy 2:25 Opponents must be gently instructed, in the hope that God will grant them repentance leading them to a knowledge of the truth,

Deceitful worker. :down:

Paul says nothing about repenting of sins, much less for salvation. "Repentance TO THE ACKNOWLEDGING OF THE TRUTH" is believing God's word as preached by Paul. Specifically, acknowledging the truth rather than believing the lies of the devil.

2 Tim. 2:24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, 25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 26 And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.​

JAGG

Yes and some of us read entire chapters and even entire books of bible not one verse. God forbid that such a practice could be condoned in a world where everyone claims to be a Christian. The world is running out of sinners because everyone wants to blaspheme the name of Christ.

Heh, heh . . .
The Internet is a place where human beings gather to make their points and then re-state their points, and then re-state their points again . . . and again and

again and again and again and again . . .

. . .while essentially ignoring all points to the contrary, then claiming the high ground, then re-stating their points again, then making comments about stuff that has nothing to do with the issue at hand, stuff like the "world running out of sinners" and stuff like "everyone wants to blaspheme the name of God."

The main thing is to make certain that you restate your point again and again and then claim, by implication, again and again that it is YOU, not me, that is reading "entire chapters and even entire books and not just one verse" which is your way of claiming again that it is YOU that have the high ground --- when in truth you do NOT have the high ground and have offered zero rebuttals to the points I made up-thread.

The fact remains that you have not got a single verse of Holy Scripture that actually says what YOU SAY.

But I do. 1 John 1:9

1 John 1:9 says exactly what I say. What YOU SAY is nothing more that YOUR INFERENCE . . . your personal conclusions from what YOU have read, and that's ALL it is. The Bible does NOT in fact actually say, what YOU said it says --- but nonetheless YOU are going to claim that you have the high ground because . . . wait for it . . . here it comes . . . because YOU have read "entire chapters and even whole books" --- I guess you think nobody else has done that.

`

Epoisses

Heh, heh . . .
The Internet is a place where human beings gather to make their points and then re-state their points, and then re-state their points again . . . and again and

again and again and again and again . . .

While essentially ignoring all points to the contrary, then claiming the high ground, then re-stating their points again, then making comments about stuff that has nothing to do with the issue at hand, stuff like the "world running out of sinners" and stuff like "everyone wants to blaspheme the name of God."

The main thing is to make certain that you restate your point again and again and then claim, by implication, again and again that it is YOU, not me, that are reading "entire chapters and even entire books and not just one verse" which is your way of claiming again that it is YOU that have the high ground --- when in truth you do NOT have the high ground and have offered zero rebuttals to the points I made up-thread.

The fact remains that you have not got a single verse of Holy Scripture that actually says what YOU SAY.

1 John 1:9 says exactly what I say. What YOU SAY is nothing more that YOUR INFERENCE . . . your personal conclusions from what YOU have read, and that's ALL it is. The Bible does NOT in fact actually say, what YOU said it says ---- heh heh, but nonetheless YOU are going to claim that you have the high ground because . . . wait for it . . . here it comes . . . because YOU have read "entire chapters and even whole books" --- I guess you think nobody else has done that.

`

And so he believes one verse and ignores all other verses like the NOOB he is!!

Man shall live by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.

JAGG

Yes, you need to repent of your obedience. You haven't learned that all your good deeds are just as sinful as the bad deeds. In fact 99% of all Christians have not learned this.

To actually claim to know what "99% of all Christians" have done in this area is way beyond an irrational claim because its utterly humanly impossible for you to know that --- only God Himself has the power to know that, or such as that.

JAGG

And so he believes one verse and ignores all other verses like the NOOB he is!!

You make not only irrational statements like "In fact 99% of all Christians have not learned this."__Epoisses . . . (Which only God Himself could know).

. . . but you also make insulting statement too, "like the NOOB he is!!"__Epoisses . . .

. . . and well as passing off your own personal interpretations of Holy Scripture as being the word of God to men.

Your posts are not worth serious responses.

`

Epoisses

You make not only irrational statements like "In fact 99% of all Christians have not learned this."__Epoisses . . . (Which only God Himself could know).

. . . but you also make insulting statement too, "like the NOOB he is!!"__Epoisses . . .

. . . and well as passing off your own personal interpretations of Holy Scripture as being the word of God to men.

`

I made rebuttals to all your objections and you made zero to mine except quoting 1John 1:9 over and over. You're not a debater who can address objections seriously and logically. Just some wannabe and never-been.

1John 1:7 which is in the same paragraph says we are forgiven without confession, NOOB!!

glorydaz

1 John 1:9 says exactly what I say.

`

Eph. 1:6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved. 7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

JAGG

I made rebuttals to all your objections and you made zero to mine except quoting 1John 1:9 over and over. You're not a debater who can address objections seriously and logically. Just some wannabe and never-been.

1John 1:7 which is in the same paragraph says we are forgiven without confession, NOOB!!

. . . and "You're . . . Just some wannabe and never-been."__Epoisses

Last edited:

Epoisses

. . . and "You're . . . Just some wannabe and never-been."__Epoisses

The first statement was made to God's Truth not you so why even bring that up seeing it was between us???

He's an uber-legalist that can't get past his carnal obedience and you're just a girly man who gets his knickers in a bunch when outclassed and over-matched.

God's Truth

Deceitful worker. :down:

Paul says nothing about repenting of sins, much less for salvation. "Repentance TO THE ACKNOWLEDGING OF THE TRUTH" is believing God's word as preached by Paul. Specifically, acknowledging the truth rather than believing the lies of the devil.

2 Tim. 2:24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, 25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 26 And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.​

No. You won't have any knowledge of the truth if you do not obey Him.

Those who say they know Him but don't obey Him are liars.

Those who obey God are known by God.

Those are scriptures, do you recognize them?

JAGG

you're just a girly man who gets his knickers in a bunch when
outclassed and over-matched.

. . . and rude crude insulting statements like "You're . . . Just some wannabe and never-been."__Epoisses

. . . yes your posts are insulting and crude and rude for example, "you're just a girly man who gets his knickers in a bunch when outclassed and over-matched"__Epoisses

. . . and you also pass off your own personal interpretations of Holy Scripture as being the word of God to men.

`

glorydaz

No. You won't have any knowledge of the truth if you do not obey Him.

Those who say they know Him but don't obey Him are liars.

Those who obey God are known by God.

Those are scriptures, do you recognize them?

The obedience of faith trumps whatever obedience you might think you have.

Epoisses

. . . and rude crude insulting statements like "You're . . . Just some wannabe and never-been."__Epoisses

. . . yes your posts are insulting and crude and rude for example, "you're just a girly man who gets his knickers in a bunch when outclassed and over-matched"__Epoisses

. . . and you also pass off your own personal interpretations of Holy Scripture as being the word of God to men.

`

So quit responding then! I'm not giving an ego-driven Clavinist the last word.