Be a Walking Billboard For Christ

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
How do we walk our Christian walk ? Do we get involved with family concerns good and bad ? Are we good Christians neighbors and friends, communicating in the Spirit and offering sound and God inspired advice ?

I do this in my everyday life and it makes life enriching, I am more able and capable of spreading the gospel of salvation and helping others now than I was before TOL.

How do you spread the gospel, or do you even bother ?

Last edited:

Bradley D

In early Christian history, because of Roman persecution, it was the life of Christians that attracted many to come to believe. Christians met in out of way places such as the underground tombs in Rome. Therefore, people were impressed by their lifestyles.

iouae

How do we walk our Christian walk ? Do we get involved with family concerns good and bad ? Are we good Christians neighbors and friends, communicating in the Spirit and offering sound and god inspired advice ?

I do this in my everyday life and it makes life enriching, I am more able and capable of spreading the gospel of salvation and helping others.

I love what you say Patrick. And notice that it costs nothing to preach the Gospel this way :)

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
How do we walk our Christian walk ? Do we get involved with family concerns good and bad ? Are we good Christians neighbors and friends, communicating in the Spirit and offering sound and god inspired advice ?

I do this in my everyday life and it makes life enriching, I am more able and capable of spreading the gospel of salvation and helping others.

The words of Jesus in the New Testament that under gird my walk with God do not even register to most folks on this site.

I am thinking that Christianity finds itself fine, fat and sassy without Jesus. He's too disturbing.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame

good question

can you walk the walk on a religious forum?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond

i'm reminded of a quote attributed (probably falsely) to st francis of assissi that i used for a sig line some time back:

Wherever you go, preach the gospel. If necessary, use words.

bybee

The words of Jesus in the New Testament that under gird my walk with God do not even register to most folks on this site.

I am thinking that Christianity finds itself fine, fat and sassy without Jesus. He's too disturbing.

That is rather a broad generalization and apt to be offensive to some of us?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond

i'm thinking that most folks on this site regard you as an addle-pated moron and ignore you :idunno:

iouae

I think many people do minister on forums such as this. They teach us things we may not have thought of, and they "keep their head when all about them are losing theirs and blaming it on them".. to paraphrase/bucher Rudyard Kipling's "If" :)

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I think many people do minister on forums such as this. They teach us things we may not have thought of, and they "keep their head when all about them are losing theirs and blaming it on them".. to paraphrase/bucher Rudyard Kipling's "If" :)

Very much. STP, heir, steko, and even Danoh offer very good posts, interpretations and scriptures. Many others as well, too many to mention. We are all capable of being more Christlike in our walk. Except for my senior stalker.

Last edited:

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
That is rather a broad generalization and apt to be offensive to some of us?
I don't consider it a generalization.

I have not noticed any discussion of the Kingdom of God, as Jesus indicated it for us in parables. I see few scripture examples that reflect his unique voice print. I see no stampede here to refrain from judging, forgive ourselves by forgiving others. I see little interest in discussing and discovering his moral and ethical teaching.

I try to interject what I have found out about Jesus and his historical context in the first century. But it plainly and honestly is of little interest to most TOL posters.

When Meshak wrote a lengthy post that collected many of Jesus's preaching about poverty and the crushing economy the Jews lived under in the Roman Empire, she was immediately attacked as a heretic. And many actually just started making fun of the hat she wears in her picture.

If you are offended, then take a bit of time and figure out why and where the feeling comes from.

One thing I know for sure. Jesus disturbs us. He is meant to.In our world and back in his world. It just seems easier to repeat, repeat and repeat to believer, believe, and believe in Jesus AS Son of God, born of a virgin, Savior of the World--and all the other first-century exalted titles that were applied to him. By focusing on belief and dogma, those who claim to be Christian don't have to suffer the slightest urge to modify their own behavior.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
i'm thinking that most folks on this site regard you as an addle-pated moron and ignore you :idunno:

HOW TO BE AND STAY A FUNDAMENTALIST:

1. Fully feel your sudden feelings of defensiveness and alarm.
2. Place both index fingers in each ear, making sure of a tight fit.
3. Start yelling "La, La, La, La, La" as loud as you can.

Crawl back into your cocoon where you are safe. Becoming a butterfly is a scary thing. Freedom, to folks such as yourself, is scary indeed.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned

Uh, was Jesus "a moron" when he said "the Father makes his sun to shine on both the good and the evil and sends his rain to fall on both the just and the unjust"?
This sounds like the God of Jesus did not play favorites. What do you think?

What about when he said "do not judge" and "pray for those who persecute you and spitefully abuse you"? Could these commandments have anything to do with "love your enemies?"

When Jesus said "Friend, who made ME a judge?" and "Why do you call ME good? Only GOD is good" what do you think he was attempting to communicate?

How about "You cannot love both God and mammon"? What is he saying about the power and principalities of a capitalist system?

Surely, surely he was not "addle-pated."

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Ike, you do gett banned a lot
New ideas and new information are disturbing. I don't blame anyone for getting alarmed at some of the historical facts we now know about Jesus and his ancient culture he lived in.

Too many are truly shaky in their faith and feel under attack without feeling they can turn to the very God that sustains us all.

I am never claiming that I am right and others are wrong. We're just different, that's all.

I believe in a Christianity that is unafraid to follow the truth wherever it leads. And I hope for a Christianity that will start taking Jesus seriously.

By the way, what is your sense of Jesus's words in Matthew 4:45? How does he describe the God that he knows?

Truly, I don't know what else I can say to you...

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I believe in a Christianity that is unafraid to follow the truth wherever it leads. And I hope for a Christianity that will start taking Jesus seriously.

By the way, what is your sense of Jesus's words in Matthew 4:45? How does he describe the God that he knows?

Sssshhh, you've said enough. We started taking Jesus seriously 2000 years ago. Following the truth will lead to Paul's gospel that was given him from Christ Jesus. It's not complicated.

BTW, there is no Mattew 4:45, so I can't answer your question,

Truly, I don't know what else I can say to you . . .

Danoh

New ideas and new information are disturbing. I don't blame anyone for getting alarmed at some of the historical facts we now know about Jesus and his ancient culture he lived in.

Too many are truly shaky in their faith and feel under attack without feeling they can turn to the very God that sustains us all.

I am never claiming that I am right and others are wrong. We're just different, that's all.

From your first paragraph in post 15, its obvious you'd meant Matthew 5:45's "That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust."

rougueone

I have a friend who is married. She is young, 21, and when I invite friends over to dinner or to sit around the fire pit , she and her husband usually attend. She is a gentle, quite type, but very engaging conversationally when addressed. I always hear from other friends, mostly Christians, who is that young woman ? There is something different about her. Again coming from mostly Christian.
Why:
Her devotion, her love, her gratitude, her commitment-devotion, her obedience, and unwavering belief to Jesus is so serious , she radiates Holy Spirit just by her presence. She is such an example of what I hope to be in our Lord Jesus. A walking billboard for Jesus. I am so blessed by God, and grateful to God for bringing her and her husband into my life. Her counsel-conversation, is always in Gods love and humility.
She has impacted my life in Christ more than Charles Stanley has in 30 years. And C. Stanley, Oswald Chambers, and another friend, have not had the same impact in my life as my friend-Sister in Christ. In the 5 short months I have known her.

I share this with you all, that we too can be walking billboards for Christ. If we are 100% committed-devoted to Jesus. It can be done. Our Sisters in Christ are as important as our brothers. I have been blessed here by 3.

My sister in Christ, although young, is encountering a very serious health issue. Yet she remains devoted to Jesus. And has spoken to only a few about this. Very close friends only.

So please pray for her. And devote your life to Jesus. No worrying, no self seeking, ET...just look for someone to love. Lay your cares aside and trust Jesus with them. In doing so we trust Jesus with all things and we are free to love others.

I hope this testimony encourages others.

Last edited: