Votes: 35 89.7%
  • famousGandalf7

Votes: 4 10.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

Yxboom

Actually God only speaks the KJB English as well as demons just ask Sola and Explosived.

Y

Yxboom

Now there is a man........Dead to public opinion! Shall I call you Dr.?

Y

Yxboom

My Warner sibs and I, once had dinner with Lecter. It did not go well as I recall. There were body parts and cannibal jokes galore.

Brother Vinny

Originally posted by Sheepdog
Sounds like fG7's god is pissed :mad:

When a man who reveals his own mind, and calls those thought's God's thoughts; Isn't he really calling himself God?

Did you expect any less of him, Sheepdog?

And we pray that you do not repeat yourself in the lives of the people you affect.

And all of God's people said. . .

AMEN!

Huldrych

Originally posted by bill betzler
And I agree with Paul De that this is a life of suffering. Hence, "pick up your cross and follow me"; and the many other verses that Paul referenced.

I agree that judgement and affliction come with the calling. But I don't believe that He has left us alone as orphans. Miracles and the gifts come to remind, encourage, and comfort us with the truth that God is among us, and isn't relegated to an intellectual concept or some removed abstraction.

You know the prophecy is the trump card for these people, it keeps them in line as church members. Who can refute these prophecies when they come from a bully in the pulpit? Hence the admonition, "be wise as serpents."

Well, don't let a few abusers discourage you from letting the gift flow in your assemblies. Paul's words "Despise not prophesyings" (1. Thes 5:20) are still in force today, balanced by some other teachings of his on the matter:

1 Cor 14:29 Let the prophets speak two or three, and let the other judge.
1 Cor 14:32 And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets.

Hopefully, those who are in touch with the Lord will help keep in line those who might have let their own egos slip into the message.

Ade,
jth

Last edited:

Huldrych

OK, fG7 was quoting someone...wasn't his own prophecy.

:confused:

I can't say I'm very impressed with that, especially since the initial delivery made it look like it was his own prophecy.

Very bad form. I hope he doesn't do this in his own assembly.

:mad:

jth

Brother Vinny

Huldrych said,

Trying to prophesy, I'm pretty sure of it. I think FG7 has gotten a little miffed over PD's views on physical miracles. (All I have to say over that matter, for whatever it is worth, is this: if you don't believe in them, chances are, you won't see them--Mt. 13:58).

Where did I ever say I didn't believe in physical miracles? My salvation is staked on the greatest physical miracle of all-- Christ's Resurrection. I quite adamantly believe in physical miracles.

I've not even denied the possibility of their occurrence in our time, as some of my colleagues have done. God, being omnipotent and all, can do whatever He wants (within the context of His character, of course).

Having said that, I don't believe there's any reason to expect physical miracles to occur in this economy of salvation. "The Jews require a sign (1 Cor 1:22)," and, last time I looked anyway, we're not Israel.

So, it's not so much a case of not seeing because I don't believe; more, I am skeptical of present-day physical miracles because I don't see any occurring and see no biblically-based reason why I should expect them to occur.

Brother Vinny

*takes ever-so-short-break from his vacation*

famousGandalf7 said:

I may be a poor debater or defender of 'movements,' but have hardly been wounded, much less bloodied or defeated by the replies Paul has posted.

Remind you of anyone?

"I'm invincible! Have at you! . . . Just a flesh wound."

*vacation resumes*

bill betzler

Huldrych,

I'm all in favor of present day miracles and prophecies. I just havn't heard any good prophecies, could you give me one from your assembly? It doesn't have to be earth shattering.

Huldrych

Originally posted by Paul DeYonghe

Where did I ever say I didn't believe in physical miracles?

Well, Paul, you've got an interesting set of contradictions going on here.

On the one hand, you say...

I've not even denied the possibility of their occurrence in our time, as some of my colleagues have done. God, being omnipotent and all, can do whatever He wants (within the context of His character, of course).

But on the other hand, you say...

Having said that, I don't believe there's any reason to expect physical miracles to occur in this economy of salvation. "The Jews require a sign (1 Cor 1:22)," and, last time I looked anyway, we're not Israel.

Not Israel after the flesh, anyway, but Paul [the apostle :cool: ] makes mention of the "Israel of God" (Gal 6:16) and that those who are of faith are those who are the seed of Abraham (Gal 3:25), not to mention the phrase regarding those who are "Jews inwardly" (Rom. 2:29).

Furthermore, could you--please (I don't want this to take on the tone of a fight)--explain where you got the notion that signs and wonders are only for natural Jews? There is that one verse you quoted out of 1. Cor, but my understanding of "require" is in the sense of their seeking proof to believe, instead of something like a law laid down on them stating they must have a sign.

So, it's not so much a case of not seeing because I don't believe; more, I am skeptical of present-day physical miracles because I don't see any occurring and see no biblically-based reason why I should expect them to occur.

We all have faults of our expectations of God. Our own frailties in our faith, not to mention our own fears, can keep us from stepping out in faith. But we shouldn't exclude Him from moving in our lives because we find no "reason" to.

If I can be blunt, Paul, and understand I am saying this to provoke you in a good way, not tear you down--the way I see it, the line of reasoning you're presenting seems (key words here, bro--the way I see it and seems) to justify fear more than faith. The Bible, as often as I have read it, does not encourage fear (the kind that keeps us running in the same ruts over and over again, no change, no improvement, no growth, and no intimacy with God), but faith.

Sorry you haven't seen any miracles; I've seen God perform several, some through my own hands. And I had nothing to do with it outside of faith. And I am as far removed from a natural Jew as any Brit-Scot-Kraut can be. :thumb:

Keep looking up!
jth

Huldrych

Originally posted by bill betzler
Huldrych,

I'm all in favor of present day miracles and prophecies. I just havn't heard any good prophecies, could you give me one from your assembly? It doesn't have to be earth shattering.

It doesn't have to be earth shattering or take on any cosmic proportions. It can be very specific, and very present-day. 1. Cor 14:3 explains something about the purpose of prophecy:

But he that prophesieth speaketh unto men to edification, and exhortation, and comfort.

I can give you an example that happened to me from a few weeks ago. I have a friend who is suffering from a thyroid disorder. She was asking for prayer, but not before making a pretty bold declaration that she believed she had a word from the Lord that He would heal her. She was very hesitant to speak what she believed she heard, knowing well that she knew she just might have to walk in it.

But she pushed through, and said it. It was at that point that I sensed something happening around her, almost like I could see the hand of the Lord rushing to uphold her the moment she made that declaration. I shared that with her a few days later (the last couple of years, I have been fighting with a real terror to share visions and prophecies--you can pray for me about that. I used to move in this VERY often).

That's a sort of prophecy. It's for the purpose of keeping us moving towards the Lord.

You know, the term used to describe the Spirit of God, "Comforter" or "Counselor" (depending on your Bible version) comes from "parakletos," which means "one calling near." If prophecy doesn't do that, in one way or another, then I doubt it is really prophecy.

Blessings,
jth

themuzicman

I hate it when I fall between two debaters in the colluseum.

I had hoped that Paul would focus on the covenant demand of healing and the "name it and claim it" aspects of the word-faith movement, but he couldn't seem to focus in on these specific and obvious errors, choosing instead to withdraw to God doesn't do healing today. I thought his case would be much better made by sticking to his original points and attacking the obviously heretical.

I thought fg7 would rise above the Word-Faith movement for a moment, when he ducked away from some of the worst of the heresies of the movement, but he couldn't separate himself from the leaders who espouse theese heresies, and when this disconnect was obvious, he resorted to the worst form of debate: wrapping himself in "prophecy" in an eviron where his credibility as a spokesman for God was seriously in question.

I say that I fall in the middle because I do believe God does miricles (I have a friend who was walking with difficulty, using a cane, and scheduled for back surgury to repair his back, and after prayer was walking, leaping, running, and lifting objects without pain, and has been so for a couple of yers), but that miricles and healing are not to be demanded from God, but we are to serve God, bring our needs and sicknesses to Him, and let HIS will be done.

The problem with the Word-Faith movment is that servants don't make demands of their masters. (See Luke 17:7-10)

God ordains some to suffer at times, to be poor at times, to be hungry at times. Even Paul suffered such fates at various times. This would seem to be anathema to the Word-Faith movement.

Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.