Battle Royale VII Specific discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by Freak
Yes, a life changes (including ones modesty) when you come to Christ but the fact remains that pagan topless tribeswomen do not readily assert their modesty.
So in essence your pretty much agreeing with Bob's point.

Glad you could come around!

Freak

Originally posted by Knight

Glad you could come around!

Bob said: Thanks for responding to my question which was: Can you give me a list of a few countries and locales that you are thinking of (which disprove the point I made about naitive women reasserting their modesty).

Even Bob acknowledged that eyewitness testimony as evidence.
:p

Freak

Essentially I agree with pretty much everything Bob has stated. I, however, believe he was wrong by stating that tribeswoman were inclined to assert their modesty. Generally speaking, that is not the case. But those who come to Christ that is the case. Perhaps, he should have been alittle clearer.

Besides, he even acknowledged my eyewitness testimony:

Thanks for responding to my question which was: Can you give me a list of a few countries and locales that you are thinking of (which disprove the point I made about naitive women reasserting their modesty).

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Bob said: Thanks for responding to my question which was: Can you give me a list of a few countries and locales that you are thinking of (which disprove the point I made about naitive women reasserting their modesty).

Even Bob acknowledged that eyewitness testimony as evidence.
:p
Ugh. :freak:

Freak, you are having a very difficult time understanding simple concepts here on this thread, I suggest you rethink your objection.

Freak

Ugh.

Freak, you are having a very difficult time understanding simple concepts here on this thread, I suggest you rethink your objection.

I believe you're attempting to support your pastor in the midst of the reality that he made a mistake by generally stating that tribeswomen are willing to readily assert their modesty.

If that was the case then why is the evidence to the contrary. Since I lived in the Republic of Benin I spent many months in Cotonou. Even in Cotonou (which is the captial) you'll see many of the women topless (like in the marketplace). Whenever I traveled through the marketplace the women who were topless did not reassert their modesty.

RogerB

Ugh. :freak:

Amen!

Freak, visit one of the post boosting threads instead. Bob apparently has better things to do than read your posts every 3 minutes. I'm sure he will respond appropriately in due time.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
If that was the case then why is the evidence to the contrary. Since I lived in the Republic of Benin I spent many months in Cotonou. Even in Cotonou (which is the captial) you'll see many of the women topless (like in the marketplace). Whenever I traveled through the marketplace the women who were topless did not reassert their modesty.
Yet the ones that were saved. Did they reassert their modesty?

Flake

I think Bob's point was that they reassert their modesty after they have been lead to the truth.

"reassert" seems to be the key word don't ya think??? :D

Saying that the tribeswomen run around topless on National Geographic tapes is only stating the obvious and misses the point entirely.

Bob's point is that people can lose their modesty but yet that modesty comes back after they have been lead to the Lord.

Do you really disagree with that point Freak? The natives that you lead to the Lord do they continue to run around naked? :eek:

Dont these "reasserters of modesty" just do as they are told?
Are they not only accepting a belief system but also a set of values and rules that they are required to abide by?
Do you consider this evidence of a latent moral standard that you consider the norm, just because they do as they are told?
Do you believe they are in denial of modesty when there is no christian influence, that they daily rejoice in the wicked nature of their natural naked state and purposely and willfully wear no clothes because they are in active rejection of what you percieve to be morally right?
Is it true that missionaries taught tribespeople to be ashamed of nakedness?
Is it that a child decides to wear clothes out of some godly requirement, nothing at all to do with societal convention and not least, the weather or even upbringing?
Do we now have an absolute modesty standard, when did this happen, where is it, wtf is it?
What the hell rubbish are you talking man? I am utterly confounded, have I just traveled back in time to the middle ages?

RogerB

Originally posted by Flake
Dont these "reasserters of modesty" just do as they are told?
Are they not only accepting a belief system but also a set of values and rules that they are required to abide by?
Do you consider this evidence of a latent moral standard that you consider the norm, just because they do as they are told?
Do you believe they are in denial of modesty when there is no christian influence, that they daily rejoice in the wicked nature of their natural naked state and purposely and willfully wear no clothes because they are in active rejection of what you percieve to be morally right?
Is it true that missionaries taught tribespeople to be ashamed of nakedness?
Is it that a child decides to wear clothes out of some godly requirement, nothing at all to do with societal convention and not least, the weather or even upbringing?
Do we now have an absolute modesty standard, when did this happen, where is it, wtf is it?
What the hell rubbish are you talking man? I am utterly confounded, have I just traveled back in time to the middle ages?

Once a flake, always a flake.

wtf = wicked thoughtless flake

Freak

No, because they didn't have any modesty in the first place as they were "dead in their sins." :p

Freak

Easy question for you: Prior to these topless tribeswomen conversion to Christ did they "readily reassert their modesty?"

Last edited:

Freak

Knight, Bob stated:

In rejecting God, an individual or societal conscience can be seared and values lowered. So tribesmen can adopt minimalist clothing and condition their women to go topless, but missionaries find that women in such cultures readily reassert their modesty.

The context would imply he is speaking of pagan women--those who are dead in their sins.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Re: Re: Re: Re: Modesty

Re: Re: Re: Re: Modesty

Verify? What are you talking about.

If? He is wrong. I have pointed that out.
Freak, the Bible teaches that a matter is established based on the testimony of two or three witnesses.

It is wise of Enyart to seek out a second or third witness regarding this matter, is it not?

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Can the same be said of the witnesses of Christ & His resurrection? Did not Peter used the evidence of firsthand witnesses to prove the reality of Jesus?
Is Peter's the only eyewitness account? No. There are many witnesses.

If you want to base your beliefs on the testimony of only one witness, might I suggest following the Qu'ran or the Book of Mormon?

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
And you're not the sharpest tool in the tool box, are you?
In the thread debating whether Christ always existed in the flesh, you declared victory because someone insulted you. Yet you insult others regularly during debate.

Why the double standard?

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The apostle Peter tells us:
We did not follow cleverly invented stories when we told you about the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but we were eyewitnesses of his majesty.

Peter was an eyewitness and thereby his proclamation of Jesus is true!!!!!

I am an eyewitness (along with many others) of the fact that topless tribeswoman do not "readily assert their modesty." Therefore when Bob stated that they do in fact assert their modesty, we have seen that is incorrect. Based on eyewitness testimony.
Note that Peter is using a plural pronoun.

You are using a singular pronoun.
One witness shall not rise up against a man for any iniquity, or for any sin, in any sin that he sinneth: at the mouth of two witnesses, or at the mouth of three witnesses, shall the matter be established. Deuteronomy 19:15

But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established. Matthew 18:16

This is the third time I am coming to you. In the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established. 2 Corinthians 13:1

Against an elder receive not an accusation, but before two or three witnesses. 1 Timothy 5:19

Freak

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Modesty

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Modesty

Originally posted by Turbo
Freak, the Bible teaches that a matter is established based on the testimony of two or three witnesses.

It is wise of Enyart to seek out a second or third witness regarding this matter, is it not?

The facts have already been established, my turbo friend, by more then three witnesses.

Status
Not open for further replies.