BAKERY OWNER STATES; "LET THEM NOT EAT CAKE!"

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
A Colorado bakery owner has refused to bake a "wedding cake" for two gay men who are going to get married. His reason is; he doesn't believe in gay marriage and feels it's an "abomination!"

The problem is, we're all sinners, and homosexuality is just that, another sin! If someone walks into that same bakery, and admits being a chronic liar, are they going to be refused service because of that particular sin? Or, perhaps someone is a known adulterer, etc.; are they going to be refused service??

Where do we draw the line? What sin is so egregious that service will not be rendered to certain individuals?? I offer an alternative conclusion to this Baker, or other bakeries; why not bake the cake, frost it, and let the gay couple know ahead of time; they'll have to pay extra for "two" sets of decorative "grooms/brides" on the top of the cake, which they (the gay couple can place themselves!!)

As long as we live in this "mortal world" we have to live among, and deal with sinners of all persuasions. Jesus did not spend time screaming at, and belittling particular sinners, instead; His beef was with the "self-righteous" Pharisees, etc... What say you??

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
A wedding cake is a celebration of a wedding, to force the bakery owner to violate their beliefs on marriage that way, would be akin to you walking into a Muslim catering shop and demanding pork as part of your service knowing they will not handle pork and consider it unclean.

Another example, would you expect to find books on casting spells at a christian bookstore? Would you force them to sell them because they are a bookstore?

Let the gays go to a gay baker or one who agrees with it.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
If someone walks into that same bakery, and admits being a chronic liar, are they going to be refused service because of that particular sin? Or, perhaps someone is a known adulterer, etc.; are they going to be refused service??

Would you want to enter into a contract with a chronic liar?

Or a known adulterer?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Would you want to enter into a contract with a chronic liar?

Or a known adulterer?

The idea and truth of the matter is; this is a capitalistic country, and if we start discriminating against gays, blacks, Hispanics, Irishmen, Germans, overweight people, skinny people, foreigners, etc., etc., Etc ., then where will we be?? Homosexuality is a sin, not some strange creatures from another universe seeking to destroy humanity!!

As long as everyone's money is green, that's what counts in the end analysis!! This poor Baker and his family is going to reap a whirlwind
of bad publicity and a ton of hate mail and lost revenue, all because he's taking such a stand! What if he refused to bake a cake for a black couple, would you feel the same??

My use of the word liar is representative of a person who has chosen to partake in the sin of lying! You can fill in the blanks with whatever chosen sins you want! That's only an example! Lying is a sin, adultery is a sin, homosexuality is a sin, etc., etc.!! Get it??

Practically, everyone has lied in his or her life at one time or another, does that mean a store owner should turn away practically everyone because of that fact?? Homosexuality isn't even mentioned as one of the seven deadly sins!! It is indeed a "lust of the flesh," and a sin, but not unforgivable!! Some seem to think it's one of the worst sins. As humans we're capable of lying, cheating, stealing, committing adultery, lusting, gluttony, gossiping, murder, etc., etc.! Not all of us give in to these sins, none the less; we still have our own chosen sins we commit, whether we be Christian, or non-Christian!! The Bible tells us that if we think, something is a sin, then to us; it is a sin!! Think about that!!

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
The idea and truth of the matter is; this is a capitalistic country, and if we start discriminating against gays, blacks, Hispanics, Irishmen, Germans, overweight people, skinny people, foreigners, etc., etc., Etc ., then where will we be?? Homosexuality is a sin....

Homosexuality is a sin that is flaunted and whose proponents expect to be accepted.

I would no more accept the business of an unrepentant homo than I would a white supremecist or a pedophile.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
A wedding cake is a celebration of a wedding, to force the bakery owner to violate their beliefs on marriage that way, would be akin to you walking into a Muslim catering shop and demanding pork as part of your service knowing they will not handle pork and consider it unclean.

Another example, would you expect to find books on casting spells at a christian bookstore? Would you force them to sell them because they are a bookstore?

Let the gays go to a gay baker or one who agrees with it.

Would you feel the same way if the baker had turned away a black couple?? discrimination is discrimination be it moral or race related!!
Lot lived among sinners, including homosexuals, no doubt he traded and dealt with them during his residence in Sodom and Gomorrah!

Lot was a righteous man, but he lived among gay's and other sinners until the day God destroyed the entire area! We also live among sinners, we being one of them!! Christ did not come down harshly on the sinners of his time, instead He came down hard on the "self-righteous Pharisees! Think about that!!

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
he is not refusing to bake them a cake
he is refusing to bake them a wedding cake
can you not see the difference?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
At first glance did this baker do the "right thing" by following his convictions? I'd have to say it was a brave thing for him to do and I'm certain he felt it was the right thing to do according to his beliefs. Perhaps he did the "right thing" in the religious sense, but in the "Spiritual sense" I'd say, no! We're all sinners and according to James 2:10 "For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all." Being gay is a sin, just as being a liar is a sin, or an adulterer, a thief, an immoral person, and the list goes on and on!!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I just want others to realize that, homosexuality is not the "boogie man" of ALL sins!! No one is born a homosexual. It's not in the genes. According to the Bible, it's a lust of the flesh (sin) It's immoral and God doesn't accept it, nor does He
accept a liar, a thief, an immoral person, an adulterer, a drunkard, or any other sin of the flesh!!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I personally don't think that two men or two women should have a right to marry! God ordained that one man should have one woman within the marriage decree!!

We live in a sinful world and must co-exist with fellow sinners, else we must leave this world to get away from such an existence, and that only comes about when God decrees our life is over!!