Atheist Sues Pastor for Inviting Mayor, Council Members to Ground Breaking for Church

rexlunae

Thomas Jefferson would roll over in his grave if he heard you atheists dare spout that nonsense, talking about 'religious freedom'- OH WHATEVER!

The guy who used to term "wall of separation" to describe the relationship between the church and the state? Yeah, I'm sure he'd just be thrilled with what you want.

Passing a portrait of Jesus is not a violation thereof.

Depends entirely on context. If I paid for it, yeah it's a violation. If it's a government endorsement, yeah, it's a violation.

Refusing to bake a cake for a gay couple is not a violation thereof.

It's certainly discrimination. Christians are going to dearly regret trying to place their religious expression in the way of full social equality for LGBT people.

A political figure going to a church is not a violation thereof.

No disagreement there.

What you all are doing is trying to abuse the law to attack Christians, and hiding behind some ridiculous guise that it's legal and therefore right.

A ridiculous legal guise...meaning the First Amendment?

YOU all are the one's who COMPLETELY incapable of respecting anything of religion, it is all a facade and you know. Go on somewhere with that :wave:

You aren't entitled to my respect, nor is your religion, and you clearly don't respect my religious perspective. I respect your right to practice it as you see fit, within the bounds to the law, and ask that you respect my rights and the rights of others who don't believe as you do.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Atheists would sue the moon if we were Muslims :rolleyes:

I would prefer atheists over Muslims. Atheists do not enter in on the religious spectrum, they are outside it. Muslims are the natural enemies of Christians, as history demonstrates.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
The guy who used to term "wall of separation" to describe the relationship between the church and the state? Yeah, I'm sure he'd just be thrilled with what you want.

Yeah, the same guy who authorized church services at the Capitol building. The guy who would laugh a person suing a school for having a Jesus portrait, claiming it causes 'irreparable harm to mental health'.

It's certainly discrimination. Christians are going to dearly regret trying to place their religious expression in the way of full social equality for LGBT people.

Freedom of expression is part of the Constitution, not that you ever actually tried to account for anything that doesn't serve your atheist agenda.
'Discrimination' would be if the baker didn't serve them period. A specific service due to their religious beliefs is entirely different, and you all have done nothing except try to force your OWN DISCRIMINATE BIAS on Christians.

A ridiculous legal guise...meaning the First Amendment?

The 1st Amendment mans nobody can force you into religion. The 'ridiculous legal guise' is the cheap tactics and intimidation, which is thankfully about to change now that people have gotten tired of it :thumb:

rexlunae

Yeah, the same guy who authorized church services at the Capitol building. The guy who would laugh a person suing a school for having a Jesus portrait, claiming it causes 'irreparable harm to mental health'.

He supported those services because they were voluntary and nondiscriminatory. Whereas a portrayal of Jesus generally would not be.
https://www.loc.gov/exhibits/religion/rel06-2.html

Freedom of expression is part of the Constitution, not that you ever actually tried to account for anything that doesn't serve your atheist agenda.

Yes. And if there were a legitimate lose of religious expression, there might be a case to make.

'Discrimination' would be if the baker didn't serve them period. A specific service due to their religious beliefs is entirely different, and you all have done nothing except try to force your OWN DISCRIMINATE BIAS on Christians.

That's silly and arbitrary. It's discrimination if you refuse a service that you'd offer to anyone else.

The 1st Amendment mans nobody can force you into religion.

That's part of it. But it's a badly truncated understanding.

The 'ridiculous legal guise' is the cheap tactics and intimidation, which is thankfully about to change now that people have gotten tired of it :thumb:

People have gotten tired of the Constitution???