ECT As a Christian - is there any area you fail in?

Doom

That is not the issue here. The issue is people saying we don't have to obey God's commands, like the law of Moses, because they are man's commands and not God's, which is a lie.
The Law is God's command to the nation of Israel (Rom 2:14)
If you look at all the commands in the New Testament and you understand God's heart for people, you would understand that the Law and the commands of God not found in the Law are all from God and to be taken seriously.
Jesus was born under the Law and taught under the Law to those who were under the Law. Those who are in Christ are not under the Law. Those who observe the Law, are free from grace, and under a curse. Those who preach the Law are ministering death and condemnation. They have never met Jesus, and preach another gospel.

You are on the wrong side of the cross.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The Law is God's command to the nation of Israel (Rom 2:14)
It will always have application to the whole world.

Romans 3:19 NASB - Now we know that whatever the Law says, it speaks to those who are under the Law, so that every mouth may be closed and all the world may become accountable to God;
Jesus was born under the Law and taught under the Law to those who were under the Law. Those who are in Christ are not under the Law.
We are under grace and not under the Law, both believing Jews and Gentiles alike.
Those who observe the Law, are free from grace, and under a curse.
Nope. Obeying God is not a curse.
Those who preach the Law are ministering death and condemnation. They have never met Jesus, and preach another gospel.

You are on the wrong side of the cross.
No. I accept what Jesus has done for me.

If we compare what I have said and what you have said, you have said some of God's commands in the New Testament do not apply to us today. I have said that all of God's commands have application to our lives, even if they were not meant for us (such as... I am not a Levitical priest).

You did not answer about the feast of tabernacles. In your view is it only for (surrounding only?) nations before the coming of Christ or before the destruction of the temple in AD 70? Or does it have application sometime after AD 70 as well?

Doom

It will always have application to the whole world.

Romans 3:19 NASB - Now we know that whatever the Law says, it speaks to those who are under the Law
Get it?

Those who observe the Law, are free from grace, and under a curse.
"For as many as are of the works of the Law are under a curse; for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who does not abide by all things written in the book of the law, to perform them.”

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Do you recognize unto what end purpose?

Romans 3:19 NASB - Now we know that whatever the Law says, it speaks to those who are under the Law, so that every mouth may be closed and all the world may become accountable to God;
"For as many as are of the works of the Law are under a curse; for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who does not abide by all things written in the book of the law, to perform them.”
A person is not saved by the works of the Law, Doom. If you recognize this you are not under a curse.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
though I myself might have confidence even in the flesh: if any other man thinketh to have confidence in the flesh, I yet more: circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, a Hebrew of Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee; as touching zeal, persecuting the church; as touching the righteousness which is in the law, found blameless. Howbeit what things were gain to me, these have I counted loss for Christ. Yea verily, and I count all things to be loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but refuse, that I may gain Christ, and be found in him, not having a righteousness of mine own, even that which is of the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith: that I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, becoming conformed unto his death; if by any means I may attain unto the resurrection from the dead. Not that I have already obtained, or am already made perfect: but I press on, if so be that I may lay hold on that for which also I was laid hold on by Christ Jesus. Brethren, I could not myself yet to have laid hold: but one thing I do, forgetting the things which are behind, and stretching forward to the things which are before, I press on toward the goal unto the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. Let us therefore, as many as are perfect, be thus minded: and if in anything ye are otherwise minded, this also shall God reveal unto you: only, whereunto we have attained, by that same rule let us walk. (*Philippians‬ *3‬:*4-16‬ ASV)

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
though I myself might have confidence even in the flesh: if any other man thinketh to have confidence in the flesh, I yet more: circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, a Hebrew of Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee; as touching zeal, persecuting the church; as touching the righteousness which is in the law, found blameless. Howbeit what things were gain to me, these have I counted loss for Christ. Yea verily, and I count all things to be loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but refuse, that I may gain Christ, and be found in him, not having a righteousness of mine own, even that which is of the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith: that I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, becoming conformed unto his death; if by any means I may attain unto the resurrection from the dead. Not that I have already obtained, or am already made perfect: but I press on, if so be that I may lay hold on that for which also I was laid hold on by Christ Jesus. Brethren, I could not myself yet to have laid hold: but one thing I do, forgetting the things which are behind, and stretching forward to the things which are before, I press on toward the goal unto the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. Let us therefore, as many as are perfect, be thus minded: and if in anything ye are otherwise minded, this also shall God reveal unto you: only, whereunto we have attained, by that same rule let us walk. (*Philippians‬ *3‬:*4-16‬ ASV)
Amen.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I don't believe you by virtue of your denial of the sin nature in your life
I don't deny that I have sinned. What I am saying by not choosing to adopt a doctrine of original sin or sin nature, and saying I am staying with the scriptures, is that if I am freed from sin (current conversation on another thread, freed from the Law and freed from sin) does that not mean that in my new nature or as a new creature or new creation that I do what is right in Christ rather than what is wrong in the flesh?

I believe you are saying I should say I still have my flesh.

What about obedience to Christ? I know I should obey God, even Christ. Do I live without or apart from the Law? Do I disobey God?

Do I live an upstanding life? Do I live for God and not for myself?

Am I running from something? Or, do I know that though saved I should still do what is right?

If I sow to the Spirit and not to the flesh, is that in my position as a born again believer, born of God? Or is that talking about what it takes to become saved? Some might think, and I speak of neither you nor I though I am entertaining this right now, that a person may believe that if they seek after God it is then that God will save them.

Even better would be to say that God saves us (those who are saved and a part of the body of Christ) apart from anything we do... whether repentance or faith it all comes back to God's grace and choosing you.

Here is where the current conversation on the other thread is at: Is there life in God and Christ without living according to the Law?

I will now go there and respond to the post just after my last one that this links to.