ECT Article gets "the mystery" wrong

john w

Hall of Fame
I said Dispensationalism was INVENTED by John Nelson Darby.

It has nothing to do with books.

Wow,punk, you floored us with that "invented" spam, as all false doctrine is "invented." And? That, once again, "proves" that you are right, sweetie!!!! That "invented" stumper just mesmerizes the TOL audience. Quite impressive, Craigie. You listen to an hour of Hankie Hannegraaf, daily, your "man" teacher, for that? Weighty, Tellalie/spam/slander.

The punk, once again,claims infallibility, as he knows, obviously, that his AD 70-ism/Preterism, is without error, is scripture, not "invented" by man, or God, which he obtained directly from God, as he never "follows men," much less "infallible men," as we meanie , bully dispies, and everyone else does. That explains why he got booted, left his "man made" church.

Right, devil boy? Right.

Prove that AD 70-ism/Preterism is not "invented," and that you received it directly, via revelation, from God, as you claim.

Craigie:

1."I don't know....One theory is....It gets tricky....Don't know...Darby.....Close enough....Darby..."

2 Not a peep.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
My youth pastor made the case from scripture.

I know how it works.

Your youth pastor was taught by someone, who was taught by someone, who was taught by someone, who was taught by someone, etc......and it all traces back to John Nelson Darby who invented it in 1830.

Prior to 1830 no one ever taught what your youth pastor taught you.

I was taught Dispensationalism by a pastor who was ordained by a Dallas Theological Seminary pastor, who was taught directly by Lewis Sperry Chafer, who was taught directly by Cyrus Scofield, who was taught directly by John Nelson Darby.

The Dispensationalism I was taught didn't exist before 1830.

Dispensationalists live in denial. They refuse to accept that Darby invented it in 1830.

They are embarrassed by it.

john w

Hall of Fame
I'm not talking about Darby. I'm carrying on with the argument danoh was making concerning how you interpret scripture.

He will continue to spam his "Darby" stumper, in any discourse with you, being so obsessed, as that is his MO/rep. on TOL-a devious "poster," engaging in sophistry, and deceitful debating tactics.

john w

Hall of Fame
I first heard if from Wally, circa 1962, over a pack of nabs.
He went on and on about fiery chariots.

Oh, you are a regular Red Skelton, ain'tcha Mayor? Why don't you get up earlier tomorrow morning, head on down to work, and before your other rabble rouser work colleagues arrive, spike the water cooler, with "Pepto Bismal"/"Fizzies"/"Alka Seltzer" tablets? Wouldn't that be fun, fella?

SaulToPaul 2

Oh, you are a regular Red Skelton, ain'tcha Mayor? Why don't you get up earlier tomorrow morning, head on down to work, and before your other rabble rouser work colleagues arrive, spike the water cooler, with "Pepto Bismal"/"Fizzies"/"Alka Seltzer" tablets? Wouldn't that be fun, fella?

We only spike the water cooler when the Governor is coming.
Bless his heart.

john w

Hall of Fame
I know how it works.

Your youth pastor was taught by someone, who was taught by someone, who was taught by someone, who was taught by someone, etc......and it all traces back to John Nelson Darby who invented it in 1830.

Prior to 1830 no one ever taught what your youth pastor taught you.

I was taught Dispensationalism by a pastor who was ordained by a Dallas Theological Seminary pastor, who was taught directly by Lewis Sperry Chafer, who was taught directly by Cyrus Scofield, who was taught directly by John Nelson Darby.

The Dispensationalism I was taught didn't exist before 1830.

Dispensationalists live in denial. They refuse to accept that Darby invented it in 1830.

They are embarrassed by it.

Prove that AD 70-ism/Preterism is not "invented," and that you received it directly, via revelation, from God, as you claim.
Craigie:

1."I don't know....One theory is....It gets tricky....Don't know...Darby.....Close enough....Darby..."

2 Not a peep.

SaulToPaul 2

Craigie:

2 Not a peep.

When I mailed a letter to Hank asking the same question, I got no reply.

Curious.

Maybe I should have taken Andy's advice and just called the (bible "answer") maaaaaaaaaannnnnn.

john w

Hall of Fame
When I mailed a letter to Hank asking the same question, I got no reply.

Curious.

Maybe I should have taken Andy's advice and just called the (bible "answer") maaaaaaaaaannnnnn.

Well, I guess to sum it up, Mayor, I reckon that these fallible men, like Hank, don't do things that way anymore, even in this is the Age of Science Know-How, electronal marvels.

Danoh

I never read Darby before I believed in a pre trib rapture. My youth pastor made the case from scripture. You were a dispy before for the same reasons. Anti dispy books drove you away.

Dispy preaching on the radio made me a dispy. Their reasoning from scripture made sense. I have stayed dispy because my mainstream Baptist teaching growing up never quite fit together but dispy teaching explained the disconnect.

If we are going to be charged as Darby parrots then you are a parrot too of whatever teaching your teachers stood under. None of were self taught to begin with. All of us see through the lenses we were indoctrinated with in the beginning when we interpret scripture.... You included. Something happened at TOL I gather to put a bitter taste in your mouth regarding dispensationalism. Emotion drove you to tear it down and you sought out every book and teacher you could in that effort. You despise it so much, you cannot bear the thought anyone else takes it seriously.

Lol, reading that, its like I'm reading my own style of communicating my thoughts.

Elvis has found his shadow, lol

ClimateSanity

Lol, reading that, its like I'm reading my own style of communicating my thoughts.

Elvis has found his shadow, lol

I often communicate in text via a stream of consciousness. I do this because I will lose important info if I put too much thought in before I type. I wrote my senior thesis in the same way to get as much in print as possible. Before, me and my prof started editing, it was at 80 pages. We worked it down to 35. I don't have the paper in front of me ,so the numbers are estimates.

Danoh

Naah, Hank knows a troublemaker when he sees one.

I used to listen to his circus some years back. Anytime he opened the mike to live calls and a Dispy who actually knew his Bible, Hank would turn into a jello of "well, perhaps" and "we don't know," and "well, the Scholars..."

A few moments after that it was always 'hey; what happened to the Dispy who was dusting him a minute ago."

There's your real punk, JohnW. At least Tet, hangs in there - by a very, narrow thread, but he does hang in there, the pesky fellow, lol

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Mysteries include: Christ’s incarnation (1 Tim. 3:16), Christ’s nature (Col. 2:2), Kingdom of God (Luke 8:10), Christian Faith (1 Tim. 3:9), Indwelling Christ (Col. 1:26, 27), Union of all believers (Eph. 3:4–9), Israel’s blindness (Rom. 11:25), Lawlessness (2 Thess. 2:7), Harlot Babylon (Rev. 17:5, 7), Resurrection of saints (1 Cor. 15:51), God’s completed purpose (Rev. 10:7). Thomas Nelson Publishers. (1996). Nelson’s quick reference topical Bible index (p. 437). Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Mysteries include: Christ’s incarnation (1 Tim. 3:16), Christ’s nature (Col. 2:2), Kingdom of God (Luke 8:10), Christian Faith (1 Tim. 3:9), Indwelling Christ (Col. 1:26, 27), Union of all believers (Eph. 3:4–9), Israel’s blindness (Rom. 11:25), Lawlessness (2 Thess. 2:7), Harlot Babylon (Rev. 17:5, 7), Resurrection of saints (1 Cor. 15:51), God’s completed purpose (Rev. 10:7). Thomas Nelson Publishers. (1996). Nelson’s quick reference topical Bible index (p. 437). Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers.
So close and yet so far. A mess, nonetheless. 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
"Paul is not saying that the gospel was a mystery because he was the first person to preach it, Paul is saying that the gospel is a mystery until the Holy Spirit reveals it, regardless of who preaches it."

Men have always been saved the same way--by grace through faith (Eph 2:8).