ECT Article gets "the mystery" wrong

john w

Hall of Fame
The Israelites from the 10 tribes were scattered amongst the Gentiles, and after hundreds of years could not be distinguished from the Gentiles.

Not one person, before this punk, ever taught the above, and his definition, of what "Israel" was/is, before him.

Therefore, by his own "argument," it is false.

john w

Hall of Fame
How did James write to tribes scattered abroad if they were indistinguishable?

How did the writer of Hebrew do the same if they were indistinguishable?

Again, established is not enacted. You have several verses talking about the covenant using different words. Are you going to tell me they all mean the same thing?

"One theory is....I don't know....Could be....It gets tricky.....Close enough.....It means the same thing...It says the same thing...."-Tellalie/slander, for years on TOL

Danoh

Probably not paying close attention. I'm making bullet posts to immediately counter his posts. Sorry about that hoss.

No problem; feel free to check me when ever you believe I am off.

So I can then right a Master's Thesis on how and why I am not off, lol

Danoh

"One theory is....I don't know....Could be....It gets tricky.....Close enough.....It means the same thing...It says the same thing...."-Tellalie/slander, for years on TOL

I hate to say this, but those are the exact phrases writers of commentaries supposedly about the Bible use often throughout their endless books.

I should know, I've read hundreds of them over the years.

Writers parroting the "perhaps" of those writers they were weaned on all the way back to just after Paul's words in the following passage...

2Tim 1:15 This thou knowest, that all they which are in Asia be turned away from me; of whom are Phygellus and Hermogenes.

Of course, it was E.W. Bullinger's still excellent book "Church Epistles" (he was still Mid-Acts when he wrote it) that first pointed the significance of that passage out to me.

Books do have their use. But they should not be overrelied on.

john w

Hall of Fame
I hate to say this, but those are the exact phrases writers of commentaries supposedly about the Bible use often throughout their endless books.

I should know, I've read hundreds of them over the years.

Writers parroting the "perhaps" of those writers they were weaned on all the way back to just after Paul's words in the following passage...

2Tim 1:15 This thou knowest, that all they which are in Asia be turned away from me; of whom are Phygellus and Hermogenes.

Of course, it was E.W. Bullinger's still excellent book "Church Epistles" (he was still Mid-Acts when he wrote it) that first pointed the significance of that passage out to me.

Books do have their use. But they should not be overrelied on.

Agreed.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
How did James write to tribes scattered abroad if they were indistinguishable?

In Romans 11 Paul tells us a remnant of 7,000 was saved.

However, the vast majority of those Israelites were scattered amongst the Gentiles, and became like Gentiles. Yet, a new covenant was promised to them.

How did the writer of Hebrew do the same if they were indistinguishable?

See above.

Again, established is not enacted.

From Merriam-Webster:

Established - to begin or create (something that is meant to last for a long time)

Enacted - to establish by legal and authoritative act; specifically : to make (as a bill) into law

Notice the definition of "enacted" says "to establish"
You have several verses talking about the covenant using different words. Are you going to tell me they all mean the same thing?

Yes.

The New Covenant was implemented with the shed blood of Christ Jesus at the cross, and is in place right now.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Writers parroting the "perhaps"

In 1850 John Nelson Darby said the following in regards to 2 Thess 2:1-2:

"It is this passage which, twenty years ago, made me understand the rapture of the saints before- perhaps a considerable time before- the day of the Lord, that is, before the judgment of the living."
- John Nelson Darby

The Apostle Paul said the following:

(Phil 1:15 KJV) For perhaps he therefore departed for a season, that thou shouldest receive him for ever;

Once again Danoh, your statements are foolish.

Danoh

In 1850 John Nelson Darby said the following in regards to 2 Thess 2:1-2:

"It is this passage which, twenty years ago, made me understand the rapture of the saints before- perhaps a considerable time before- the day of the Lord, that is, before the judgment of the living."
- John Nelson Darby

The Apostle Paul said the following:

(Phil 1:15 KJV) For perhaps he therefore departed for a season, that thou shouldest receive him for ever;

Once again Danoh, your statements are foolish.

Nonsense; you took those two out of their context.

Sorry, Tet, but you really have no business wandering far from you books "about" things;
you simply cannot get at the intended sense of other's words without your books.

By the way, what book are you presently reading?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I'm serious; so what are you reading these days?

51twC%2B7qosL._SX310_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

ClimateSanity

I never read Darby before I believed in a pre trib rapture. My youth pastor made the case from scripture. You were a dispy before for the same reasons. Anti dispy books drove you away.

Dispy preaching on the radio made me a dispy. Their reasoning from scripture made sense. I have stayed dispy because my mainstream Baptist teaching growing up never quite fit together but dispy teaching explained the disconnect.

If we are going to be charged as Darby parrots then you are a parrot too of whatever teaching your teachers stood under. None of were self taught to begin with. All of us see through the lenses we were indoctrinated with in the beginning when we interpret scripture.... You included. Something happened at TOL I gather to put a bitter taste in your mouth regarding dispensationalism. Emotion drove you to tear it down and you sought out every book and teacher you could in that effort. You despise it so much, you cannot bear the thought anyone else takes it seriously.