Army of One's SPOTD 7-02-05

Status
Not open for further replies.

Army of One

Originally Posted by Crow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Deco

Bravo Crow, this has been my point all along this murdering thug has been butchering babies for years. Eating some of their remains would be perfectly in character for this butchering monster in human form.

Don't say bravo yet, you evidently aren't getting my point. When you tout an unproven allegation of a gross and detestable act which is highly unlikely to have occurred, you look like a nutcase when the accusations are unsupported and dismissed.

Some people don't care if others get this impression of them, and ordinarily I don't care what people think either.

But when someone on the anti-abortion side rants and raves about a sensational non-issue it does more than weaken that person's reputation. It undermines the pro-life position.

Look at how crackpot Christians have made God look to the world. Look at how false prophesies and stupid promises have undermined the message of Christ.

Every little piece of untruth we back as truth, every little rumor that we seize like a pitbull and refuse to let go of despite being proven unfounded chips away at the credibility of the pro-life cause. Just as Tammy Faye and Jim Bakker's antics erroded the credibility of the Christian community in the eyes of the unsaved, and made all of us look like a bunch of easy dupes that will buy into blatant fraud.

Art, why in the hell would someone want to believe a person who appears gullible? Why would someone undecided on the abortion issue or someone who is pro-abort even listen to a movement whose proponents back provable untruths?

This is why it bothers me when people rush into judgement and condemnation without waiting to see if it is proven to be true. Just as proclaiming fake miracles make God look like make-believe, proclaiming cannibalism falsely makes us less believable when we tell the truth, that the doctor in question murders babies.

If we are part liar, nothing we say will be believed
:thumb: Right on!

Last edited:

Lovejoy

I could not agree more, Crow. It is a sentiment that forces me to admit when I am wrong on any given point, no matter how much it hurts to do that, as I do not wish undermine the whole ideal that I am supporting

Army of One

Lovejoy said:
I could not agree more, Crow. It is a sentiment that forces me to admit when I am wrong on any given point, no matter how much it hurts to do that, as I do not wish undermine the whole ideal that I am supporting
Amen to that.

What bothers me is, we Christians are quick to mock (and rightly so) when some evolutionist or liberal makes an unsubstantiated, idiotic claim, yet some of us turn right around and do the same thing. As Crow so eloquently pointed out, that does nothing but hurt our credibility.

SOTK

Army of One said:
Amen to that.

What bothers me is, we Christians are quick to mock (and rightly so) when some evolutionist or liberal makes an unsubstantiated, idiotic claim, yet some of us turn right around and do the same thing. As Crow so eloquently pointed out, that does nothing but hurt our credibility.

I couldn't agree more! Irresponsible Christians and those who go around masquerading as Christians irritate me to no end! :madmad:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Army of One, great pick.

However, make sure to title your SPOTD with the date and your name included sorta like this.... Army of One SPOTD for 07-02-2005

Otherwise . . . when you make your next SPOTD it will have the same title.

Army of One

Knight said:
Army of One, great pick.

However, make sure to title your SPOTD with the date and your name included sorta like this.... Army of One SPOTD for 07-02-2005

Otherwise . . . when you make your next SPOTD it will have the same title.
Thanks for the correction, Knight. I'll get the hang of this thing sooner or later. :D

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Army of One said:
Thanks for the correction, Knight. I'll get the hang of this thing sooner or later. :D
No worries, you are about the 50th person that has done that. :D

Even I did it when I first started making POTD's.

Status
Not open for further replies.