ECT ARE YOU SPIRITUAL BY 1 COR 14:37 ?

DAN P

Hi , and there are many will never BELIEVE what Paul has written !

In 1 Cor 14:37 and verse 38 the Holy Spirit says this !

If anyone thinks ( himself ) to be a Prophet or Spiritual , let him Know Accurately that the things I write to you are the Commandments of the Lord !

Verse 38 , But if anyone is Ignorant , let him be Ignorant !!

Verse 38 means that those who want to Remain Ignorant are Unteachable !

#1 , If they " think himself " a verb in the Present , which means and say you are a Prophet and Spiritual , you have to Admit what what Paul has written IS TRUE !

#2 , The verb " to be " which is also in the Present tense is also a Continuous action , and dis-believe Paul you are not a Prophet or Spiritual .

#3 , The next verb is " let him Acknowledge " also in the Continuous action means as a Spiritual person , you have to Continue to Acknowledge Paul is to be followed as 1 Cor 11:1 says !

This is also in the Imperative Mood of COMMAND to Acknowledge that 1 Cor 14:37 is true to be a Prophet and to be Spiritual !

Ther still 2 more verb , also in the Present Tense " that I write " and the verb " are " .

dan p

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
1Co 14:37 If anyone thinks himself to be a prophet or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things which I write to you are the commandments of the Lord.
1Co 14:38 But if anyone is ignorant, let him be ignorant.
1Co 14:39 Therefore, brethren, desire earnestly to prophesy, and do not forbid to speak with tongues.

You are not a prophet, neither are you spiritual, and you do not prophesy or speak in tongues,

but you do mock those who do (in the other thread)

LA

DAN P

1Co 14:37 If anyone thinks himself to be a prophet or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things which I write to you are the commandments of the Lord.
1Co 14:38 But if anyone is ignorant, let him be ignorant.
1Co 14:39 Therefore, brethren, desire earnestly to prophesy, and do not forbid to speak with tongues.

You are not a prophet, neither are you spiritual, and you do not prophesy or speak in tongues,

but you do mock those who do (in the other thread)

LA

Hi , and I speak another language , so what !

Those that spoke at Pentecost WERE understandable LANGUAGES and are not what I hear , even as I watch them today , where they say and Grunt a few syllables and WITHOUT and Interpreter and that is Un-bibical !!

Paul in 1 Cor 13:8 and that n TRUMPS your feeling , does it not ??

I see that you can not nor ever reply to the OP , and that means that you are Ignorant !!:bang::bang:

dan p

oatmeal

Hi , and there are many will never BELIEVE what Paul has written !

In 1 Cor 14:37 and verse 38 the Holy Spirit says this !

If anyone thinks ( himself ) to be a Prophet or Spiritual , let him Know Accurately that the things I write to you are the Commandments of the Lord !

Verse 38 , But if anyone is Ignorant , let him be Ignorant !!

Verse 38 means that those who want to Remain Ignorant are Unteachable !

#1 , If they " think himself " a verb in the Present , which means and say you are a Prophet and Spiritual , you have to Admit what what Paul has written IS TRUE !

#2 , The verb " to be " which is also in the Present tense is also a Continuous action , and dis-believe Paul you are not a Prophet or Spiritual .

#3 , The next verb is " let him Acknowledge " also in the Continuous action means as a Spiritual person , you have to Continue to Acknowledge Paul is to be followed as 1 Cor 11:1 says !

This is also in the Imperative Mood of COMMAND to Acknowledge that 1 Cor 14:37 is true to be a Prophet and to be Spiritual !

Ther still 2 more verb , also in the Present Tense " that I write " and the verb " are " .

dan p

If a man thinks himself to a prophet OR spiritual.

Not "and" but "or"

That which Paul wrote are the commandments of the Lord, including I Corinthians 14:5 "I would that ye all speak with tongues..."

DAN P

If a man thinks himself to a prophet OR spiritual.

Not "and" but "or"

That which Paul wrote are the commandments of the Lord, including I Corinthians 14:5 "I would that ye all speak with tongues..."

Hi and if you read English , verse 2 , those speaking in Languages speaks to God and not to man WHICH is different than what happened in Acts 2 , or does that Escape you .

In Acts 2 they all UNDERSTOOD the 12 as they spoke in Languages BUT as Israel was told they would be set aside , as in Acts 13:46 , Acts 18:6 and Acts 28:28 Tongues or GLOSSA did Cease as 1 Cor 13:8 said they would !!:bang::bang::bang:

dan p

oatmeal

Hi and if you read English , verse 2 , those speaking in Languages speaks to God and not to man WHICH is different than what happened in Acts 2 , or does that Escape you .

In Acts 2 they all UNDERSTOOD the 12 as they spoke in Languages BUT as Israel was told they would be set aside , as in Acts 13:46 , Acts 18:6 and Acts 28:28 Tongues or GLOSSA did Cease as 1 Cor 13:8 said they would !!:bang::bang::bang:

dan p

God's design and purposes for speaking in tongues is far more versatile than you can imagine

It does not cease until we the son of God face to face, I John 3:1-2

Last edited:

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Arguing against biblical tongues just because they heard some distortions of the truth of it, is the same as saying there is no God because some believers are wacky.

LA

DAN P

Arguing against biblical tongues just because they heard some distortions of the truth of it, is the same as saying there is no God because some believers are wacky.

LA

Hi , and I grew up in a Pentecostal family and saw plenty of GIBBEST speaking and saw my own mother speak in s0-called tongues many time and eventually admit to me it was of the FLESH .

What you will never understand is this " I believe in Langauges " BUT NOT FOR TODAY !!

GLOSSA /LANGUAGES will again be begin IN the 7 YEAR Tribulation and NOT in the Dispensation of the Grace of God .

The BIGGEST BLUNDER of believers today , IS they do not believe israel has been set aside as Acts 13:46 and Acts 18:6 and Acts 28:28 REALLY take place !!

They other BLUNDERS are BAPTIZO and starting the Body of Christ as Gal 3:28 TRUMPS Acts 2 and Pentecost !!

dan p

oatmeal

Hi , and I grew up in a Pentecostal family and saw plenty of GIBBEST speaking and saw my own mother speak in s0-called tongues many time and eventually admit to me it was of the FLESH .

What you will never understand is this " I believe in Langauges " BUT NOT FOR TODAY !!

GLOSSA /LANGUAGES will again be begin IN the 7 YEAR Tribulation and NOT in the Dispensation of the Grace of God .

The BIGGEST BLUNDER of believers today , IS they do not believe israel has been set aside as Acts 13:46 and Acts 18:6 and Acts 28:28 REALLY take place !!

They other BLUNDERS are BAPTIZO and starting the Body of Christ as Gal 3:28 TRUMPS Acts 2 and Pentecost !!

dan p

Such hubris!

Such bravado!

I would that ye all spake with tongues! I Corinthians 14:5 is a commandment of the Lord.

Time we learned about what speaking in tongues is and what God's word instructs us about the use of it as He designed it to be used.

musterion

If tongues were a sign for unbelievers (1 Cor 14:22), why does God need them today when the Gospel of grace itself is His power unto the salvation of all who believe it? What effect would saying "pookeepoo" and its gibberish equivalents have on an unbeliever when they can't possibly understand you?

Someone who believes their own non-language tongues are real, please explain this.

DAN P

Such hubris!

Such bravado!

I would that ye all spake with tongues! I Corinthians 14:5 is a commandment of the Lord.

Time we learned about what speaking in tongues is and what God's word instructs us about the use of it as He designed it to be used.

Hi , and I spoke the truth about my mother and it is true .

In 1 Cor 14:2 ir reads , For the one speaking in a LANGUAGE speaks not to MEN but to God for no one HEARS but in spirit he speaks mysteries .

You like to quote Paul , BUT do not understand what he says .

Verse 9 says , that speaking in Languages is like speaking in the AIR !!

Verse 11 says that those that speak in Lahguages are like one that speaks Russian to an English assembly , do you read it !!

Verse 19 says that Paul would rather speak 5 words that the EKKLESIA /ASSEMBLY understood , than UNLIMITED WORDS in a LANGUAGE , do you understand ??:bang::bang:

dan p

oatmeal

Hi , and I spoke the truth about my mother and it is true .

In 1 Cor 14:2 ir reads , For the one speaking in a LANGUAGE speaks not to MEN but to God for no one HEARS but in spirit he speaks mysteries .

You like to quote Paul , BUT do not understand what he says .

Verse 9 says , that speaking in Languages is like speaking in the AIR !!

Verse 11 says that those that speak in Lahguages are like one that speaks Russian to an English assembly , do you read it !!

Verse 19 says that Paul would rather speak 5 words that the EKKLESIA /ASSEMBLY understood , than UNLIMITED WORDS in a LANGUAGE , do you understand ??:bang::bang:

dan p

If you understood Paul, you would be speaking in tongues, I Corinthians 14:18

DAN P

If you understood Paul, you would be speaking in tongues, I Corinthians 14:18

Hi , and in 1 Cor 14:22 , Languages are for a SIGN , NOT for the believing ones , but to Un-believers and Prophecy ( is ) not for the Un-believers , but for the Believing ones !

I already speak in Languages , BUT tou can not understand English :bang::bang:

What Language or Tongue do you speak in ??

By the way , how were you saved ?

dan p

oatmeal

Hi , and in 1 Cor 14:22 , Languages are for a SIGN , NOT for the believing ones , but to Un-believers and Prophecy ( is ) not for the Un-believers , but for the Believing ones !

I already speak in Languages , BUT tou can not understand English :bang::bang:

What Language or Tongue do you speak in ??

By the way , how were you saved ?

dan p

If you speak in tongues as scripture commands, then it has not ceased, has it?

So then, do you prophecy as scripture commands? If you do, then prophecy has not ceased either.

How would I know what languages I speak in when I speak in tongues, speaking in tongues is an unknown language to the speaker, and unless a miracle occurs like on Pentecost, it most likely will not be understood by any listeners.

Which is why we are to speak in words easy to be understood, not in tongues, in public. That the church may receive edifying.

How many times do you need an answer to how I was saved?

I met the requirements of Romans 10:9-10, then I received the gift of salvation.

You should quit beating your head against the wall, it is already impairing your judgement and lucidity of thought

oatmeal

If tongues were a sign for unbelievers (1 Cor 14:22), why does God need them today when the Gospel of grace itself is His power unto the salvation of all who believe it? What effect would saying "pookeepoo" and its gibberish equivalents have on an unbeliever when they can't possibly understand you?

Someone who believes their own non-language tongues are real, please explain this.

Why do you ask?

Do you want to learn about speaking in tongues so that you can speak the wonderful works of God as well?

oatmeal

dan p

So God says it is a manifestation of the spirit, I Corinthians 12:7-11, but your mother says it was of the flesh?

Hmmm.

Who do you believe?

DAN P

So God says it is a manifestation of the spirit, I Corinthians 12:7-11, but your mother says it was of the flesh?

Hmmm.

Who do you believe?

Hi and I believe my mother and 1 Cor 13:8 where Paul says they will CEASE !1

Can you explain the verbs " SHALL FAIL and THEY SHALL CEASE " WHY THE FUTURE tENSE IS USED ??

BY THE WAY the verb " It SHALL VANISH " is also in the Future Tense , can you tell me why ??

It is because ISRAEL WAS SET ASIDE !!

Read and WEEP !!:bang::bang::bang::bang:

DAN P

Last edited: