Are you a Highly Sensitive Person?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PureX

I don't see myself as being especially sensitive. I used to see myself that way, but not now. I'm usually pretty quick to pick up on intellectual nuance, but I'm not very adept at picking up on emotional nuance. I can be thick as a brick when it comes to reading social cues.

As to things effecting me emotionally, that happens, but it's almost always related to idealism. I am absurdly idealistic, and am easily moved by instances that exemplify idealistic themes. Otherwise, I am not given over to emotionalism easily or often.

Thunder's Muse

I don't see myself as being especially sensitive. I used to see myself that way, but not now. I'm usually pretty quick to pick up on intellectual nuance, but I'm not very adept at picking up on emotional nuance. I can be thick as a brick when it comes to reading social cues.

As to things effecting me emotionally, that happens, but it's almost always related to idealism. I am absurdly idealistic, and am easily moved by instances that exemplify idealistic themes. Otherwise, I am not given over to emotionalism easily or often.

Social cues are as obvious and loud for me as words spoken. While I'm listening to what's being said, I am also 'listening' to body language, facial expressions and voice intonations....as well as everything else in the room :chuckle: I can't NOT do it.

john w

Hall of Fame
"If there’s anything that upsets me, it’s having people say I’m sensitive."-Fast Gun Fife

PureX

Social cues are as obvious and loud for me as words spoken. While I'm listening to what's being said, I am also 'listening' to body language, facial expressions and voice intonations....as well as everything else in the room :chuckle: I can't NOT do it.
I could have really used some of that ability, especially in my younger years. Now, people just think I can't see or hear very well, which is partly true. :chuckle:

They don't realize that even when I do see and hear them, I still don't know what they mean … unless we're having an intellectual discussion. Then I'm usually pretty quick to get the idea.

Thunder's Muse

I could have really used some of that ability, especially in my younger years. Now, people just think I can't see or hear very well, which is partly true. :chuckle:

They don't realize that even when I do see and hear them, I still don't know what they mean … unless we're having an intellectual discussion. Then I'm usually pretty quick to get the idea.

Sometimes it can feel like you know more than you should. I keep a lot of it to myself.

Other times it allows me to know when a friend isn't quite themselves, without them needing to draw attention to it.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
"If there’s anything that upsets me, it’s having people say I’m sensitive."-Fast Gun Five

How we Roll (Fast Vive Remix) ~ Don Omar ft. Busta Rhymes, Reek da Villian & J-doe

RollingSmiley.gif

Last edited:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I started to take the test, then one of the questions hurt my feelings and I wept so hard I couldn't finish. :plain:

Oh, all right, I had a 57.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Status
Not open for further replies.