Are there Saints In Heaven? Poll Question

Are there Saints In Heaven? Poll Question

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

popsthebuilder

You have judged me. Are you blind? Do you not know what you do?

Do yourself a favor, if you want to speak about God's Word with me, never refer to it as beating a dead horse.
What you ate doing isn't profitable conversation.

Do yourself a favor and actually peaceably communicate instead of making such attempts from others as if indeed beating a dead horse.

And again;

peace

Can you yet precieve why I left it alone?

I bet not, because it has to do with you.

Bias due to pride can be a difficult thing for any to perceive; let alone self.

God's Truth

What you ate doing isn't profitable conversation.

Do yourself a favor and actually peaceably communicate instead of making such attempts from others as if indeed beating a dead horse.

And again;

peace

Can you yet precieve why I left it alone?

I bet not, because it has to do with you.

Bias due to pride can be a difficult thing for any to perceive; let alone self.

You exposed what you are and why you do what you do. That is what Jesus says happens when one falsely judges another. You should stop yourself.

popsthebuilder

Untruthful and slanderous judgment about me.

Another untruthful false witness statement that is slanderous.

Another slanderous judgment.

More false judgement.

You are not right in the heart if you cannot see that you are making many judgments about me.
Read your words.

Then look up references to pride.....alone.

And still, I eagerly await your return.

peace

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hello there LA. I'd like to offer some really short responses:

1) God does not have to worry about "legality" to overturn the sin of man and destroy the devil. God makes the law, therefore he can do it. Furthermore, only God has the power to forgive sin against God, and only God has the power to destroy the devil.

Gods own law is not made up. Even God can not go against Himself.

God gave Jesus, His divine man, authority to forgive sin--

Joh 5:22 For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:

Joh 5:26 For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;
Joh 5:27 And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.

2) Jesus is our King, he was a made a man like us, that does not actually affect the point in question. God was made a man, like us, and his creation knew him not. Yet he was the one who created all things. Gospel of John, first chapter. Very well written. Inspired, even.

You are reading your views into the text.

3) Any reference to Jesus as "a man" doesn't gain you ground here either. "Man" is the method that he came. Other passages in the bible refer to God and angels of heaven as "man" or "men" when they are in the form of a man. No one disputes that Jesus was on earth as a man, and in this context, it does not contradict his true identity as our God.

Your views are the same as GT. You have a live Jesus before He was born, and one who was never a man entirely.

4) The term "Son" does not disqualify Jesus as God, any more than the term "Father" disqualifies the Father as God.

In other words, your proof texts aren't applicable to the question you're wanting to answer.

Jesus is referred to throughout the Bible as Gods Son, not Himself.

LA

popsthebuilder

You show your own problem with yourself but you have not come to realize it, but I have hope that you will.
Me stating we are at an impact without further scriptureal reference and declining to go over the same thing to no avail leaving the possibility of insult andcontempt between two doesn't really seem like pride but maybe I'm just to proud to see it...

Is it really a big deal if one thinks we stay wholly conscious through death before judgement, or if one thinks we must be brought back to life and brought to rememberance upon judgement?

Does salvation hinge on such for the believer?

peace

God's Truth

Me stating we are at an impact without further scriptureal reference and declining to go over the same thing to no avail leaving the possibility of insult andcontempt between two doesn't really seem like pride but maybe I'm just to proud to see it...

I think that you are, because when a person falsely judges as you have, it exposes what the false judge himself is.

As for debating, I don't put down debating scriptures, no matter how vigorous it gets. I have noticed though that you, like many, resort to making personal attacks.

Is it really a big deal if one thinks we stay wholly conscious through death before judgement, or if one thinks we must be brought back to life and brought to rememberance upon judgement?
It is a big deal. God's Truth is a big deal.

Does salvation hinge on such for the believer?

God's Truth matters.
Tell me what kind of salvation is it if you have no idea about it?

popsthebuilder

I think that you are, because when a person falsely judges as you have, it exposes what the false judge himself is.

As for debating, I don't put down debating scriptures, no matter how vigorous it gets. I have noticed though that you, like many, resort to making personal attacks.

God's Truth matters.
I'm done with your petty mockery and foolish games.

Really

peace

Rosenritter

Joh 5:22 For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:

Joh 5:26 For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;
Joh 5:27 And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.

You're getting caught in figures of speech. Jesus is allowed to be cryptic in some of his responses, and it is our responsibility to take his words without creating our own contradictions against other scripture and his other statements, deeds, and actions.

At John chapter 1? Hardly. How is it difficult to understand "the Word was God?" "The world was made by him?" "The Word became flesh?" We could go a dozen layers deeper than that, but if someone will not accept clearly written words there's no point in wasting effort going much further.

Your views are the same as GT. You have a live Jesus before He was born, and one who was never a man entirely.

Besides the gospel of John telling us in the very first chapter that Jesus was God, and created the worlds, Jesus himself says that "Before Abraham was, I am" and to explain the power of his name over devils, that he himself "beheld Satan fall as lightning from heaven." It's hardly peculiar for anyone to have a "live Jesus" before he was born. Even the die-hard Jehovah's witness admits that.

The more curious question would be how anyone (such as yourself) imagine that Jesus didn't exist before he was born?

LA

Not exactly. The very earliest reference to Jesus in the Bible is as none other than "The Mighty God, the Everlasting Father." Later in the prophets the LORD speaks with a prophecy of how his price shall be counted in thirty pieces of silver, and in another place how they shall look upon HIM (the LORD) who they have pierced. The Psalms tell us of one who will ascend to heaven, who receives his blessing from the LORD, and it then calls him none other than the LORD God Almighty, the LORD of Hosts.

And this is before we have even hit the first book of the New Testament, before John the Baptist, before people knew of Jesus. He's already written in and declared as none other than Jehovah.

God's Truth

LA

Jesus came from heaven, the scriptures say he did.

God really came as a Man, He did not pretend to.

Philippians 2:7 rather, he made himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness.

Philippians 2:8 And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to death-- even death on a cross!

Hebrews 2:17 For this reason he had to be made like them, fully human in every way, in order that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in service to God, and that he might make atonement for the sins of the people

Romans 1:3 regarding his Son, who as to his earthly life was a descendant of David,

Romans 8:3 For what the law was powerless to do because it was weakened by the flesh, God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh to be a sin offering. And so he condemned sin in the flesh,

God sent his Son into the world. John 3:17.

Jesus came from the Father. See John 1:14.

Jesus came down from heaven. See John 6:38. For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me.

John 3:13 No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven--the Son of Man.

John 6:62 Then what if you see the Son of Man ascend to where he was before!

John 17:5 And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.

John 17:24 "Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am, and to see my glory, the glory you have given me because you loved me before the creation of the world.

Rosenritter

Stop harassing me about the most important thing to me.

When you call yourself "God's Truth" it's actually becoming blasphemy. You're not just using it as an avatar name. God's truth isn't the most important thing to you, but what you do show as important is your own ego.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by God's Truth

God's Truth matters.

If you were speaking normally, you would say "The truth matters" or "God's truth matters." But you're speaking of yourself and getting the two confused, thus the repeated capitalization as a Proper Noun.

Let's put this in perspective for a moment. If I decided to call myself "The LORD Jehovah" or "Your God" allegedly because "this is what is most important to me" how would that sound to you? Even standing alone your name is borderline blasphemous, even without captured quotes like that above.

"Ask Mr. Religion" may sound pretentious, but it isn't blasphemous, and at least he isn't attempting to borrow God's good name to bolster his arguments. And you do enter into quite a few arguments.

If you are serious about loving God and truth then change your name. I'm sure the admin at TOL will let you. You might even earn the respect of a few people by doing so.

God's Truth

When you call yourself "God's Truth" it's actually becoming blasphemy. You're not just using it as an avatar name. God's truth isn't the most important thing to you, but what you do show as important is your own ego.

If you were speaking normally, you would say "The truth matters" or "God's truth matters." But you're speaking of yourself and getting the two confused, thus the repeated capitalization as a Proper Noun.

Let's put this in perspective for a moment. If I decided to call myself "The LORD Jehovah" or "Your God" allegedly because "this is what is most important to me" how would that sound to you? Even standing alone your name is borderline blasphemous, even without captured quotes like that above.

"Ask Mr. Religion" may sound pretentious, but it isn't blasphemous, and at least he isn't attempting to borrow God's good name to bolster his arguments. And you do enter into quite a few arguments.

If you are serious about loving God and truth then change your name. I'm sure the admin at TOL will let you. You might even earn the respect of a few people by doing so.

You are wrong about everything you said, now get over yourself.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You're getting caught in figures of speech. Jesus is allowed to be cryptic in some of his responses, and it is our responsibility to take his words without creating our own contradictions against other scripture and his other statements, deeds, and actions.

At John chapter 1? Hardly. How is it difficult to understand "the Word was God?" "The world was made by him?" "The Word became flesh?" We could go a dozen layers deeper than that, but if someone will not accept clearly written words there's no point in wasting effort going much further.

Besides the gospel of John telling us in the very first chapter that Jesus was God, and created the worlds, Jesus himself says that "Before Abraham was, I am" and to explain the power of his name over devils, that he himself "beheld Satan fall as lightning from heaven." It's hardly peculiar for anyone to have a "live Jesus" before he was born. Even the die-hard Jehovah's witness admits that.

The more curious question would be how anyone (such as yourself) imagine that Jesus didn't exist before he was born?

Not exactly. The very earliest reference to Jesus in the Bible is as none other than "The Mighty God, the Everlasting Father." Later in the prophets the LORD speaks with a prophecy of how his price shall be counted in thirty pieces of silver, and in another place how they shall look upon HIM (the LORD) who they have pierced. The Psalms tell us of one who will ascend to heaven, who receives his blessing from the LORD, and it then calls him none other than the LORD God Almighty, the LORD of Hosts.

And this is before we have even hit the first book of the New Testament, before John the Baptist, before people knew of Jesus. He's already written in and declared as none other than Jehovah.

No.

The Almighty God begat a Son.

LA