Are the seven mountains where Mystery Babylon sits revealed in the Bible?

wesraue

Jesus reveals the seven stars and seven golden candlesticks so should we believe that the seven mountains and seven kings will also be found in the Bible? Thoughts ???

wesraue

The Bereans told the apostle Paul that they would search the Scriptures to see if what he taught was true. People put forth different interpretations of the seven mountains, but I have never seen any interpretation show a group of seven mountains in the Bible. Certainly, they are in the Bible.

Wick Stick

No, it isn't revealed. I believe that chapter of Revelation says something to the effect of "here is the mind that hath wisdom.." which is Bible-ese for "figure this out for yo'self!"

wesraue

The Bible teaches us not to lean on our on understanding. There was only one truly wise man and that was Jesus Christ. If wisdom is needed then it can only be found in the Word of God and the Son of God.

wesraue

Hills aren't mountains. The Greek word Oros that is used for mountains in Rev. 17 means a mountain in every other instance it is found in Revelation. Rome was actually founded on three hills. They counted the different peaks of the same hill as different hills. They had an affinity for Greek culture. The Greeks believed the number seven had mystical qualities. The Rome interpretation has no biblical basis. The hills of a city belong to the city. The seven mountains in Rev. 17 do not belong to the harlot (city). They belong to the beast and beasts in the Bible symbolizes a kingdom.

daqq

Jesus reveals the seven stars and seven golden candlesticks so should we believe that the seven mountains and seven kings will also be found in the Bible? Thoughts ???

What about this kind of mountain?

Matthew 17:18-21 KJV
18 And Jesus rebuked the devil; and he departed out of him: and the child was cured from that very hour.
19 Then came the disciples to Jesus apart, and said, Why could not we cast him out?
20 And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.
21 Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting.

This kind of mountain does not go out but by prayer and fasting?
Is he speaking of a literal mountain or a strong demon?

wesraue

Yes, Jesus does make a direct association between the evil spirit and the mountain. In the ancient world the symbols of the "stars" and "mountains" symbolized kingly rule. I have heard of a book coming out that gives biblical support that angels- both holy and fallen are symbolized by mountains. God speaks of punishing two types at the end of this age.... the "kings" and the "high ones."Certainly, the "high ones' can refer to spiritual beings.

daqq

Yes, Jesus does make a direct association between the evil spirit and the mountain. In the ancient world the symbols of the "stars" and "mountains" symbolized kingly rule. I have heard of a book coming out that gives biblical support that angels- both holy and fallen are symbolized by mountains. God speaks of punishing two types at the end of this age.... the "kings" and the "high ones."Certainly, the "high ones' can refer to spiritual beings.

There is more evidence in the same Gospel account, (and the companion passage in Luke).

Matthew 12:43-45 KJV
43 When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none.
44 Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished.
45 Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first. Even so shall it be also unto this wicked generation.

If the first unclean spirit goes and associates in league with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, would that not make a total of eight? The first therefore is very likely the eighth, and is of the seven: either that, or at least one of them is the eighth and of the seven, (Rev 17:11).

wesraue

In Matthew chapter 12 Christ encounters another person with “an unclean spirit” which Christ casts out. The people recognize Christ as the Son of David, but the pharisees blaspheme Him by saying that “This fellow doth cast out demons, but by Beelzebub, the prince of the demons.” Christ then makes a statement that Arthur Pink considers as a prophetic parable in regard to the Nation of Israel. Christ states, “When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none. He then saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished. Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first.

The next statement Christ makes certainly supports Pink’s conclusion that Christ’s words were not just pointing to an individual that had been possessed, but it also has a double meaning in that it applies to the spiritual condition to the “House” of Israel. After Christ speaks the words concerning the return of an evil spirit with seven other evil spirits to the “house” of the man he states, “Even shall it be with this wicked generation.” If Christ applies his statement to his wicked generation then we like Pink should correctly apply Christ’s words to the final generation that will fill up the sum of rebellious and apostate Israel.

The seven kings of Revelation 17 give way to the eighth king. This eighth king is really the whole beast. This beast “once was, now is not and will come” (Rev. 17:8). The beast is the antithesis of the Lamb, which is described as “who is, and who was, and is to come.” We know that Jesus is the Lamb of God. Jesus is God and has always been God. He was God in the flesh (God incarnate), and he will come to rule and reign over the earth. The beast symbolizes satanic rule over the mountains of God through successive empires. However, the beast ultimately symbolizes Satan. Evil rule reaches its zenith when the seven kings give way to the eighth. When Satan is cast down to earth, he will possess the body of the man known as the Antichrist. The eighth king is the merging of the chief principality of evil and the earthly king. The eighth king is the direct rule of Satan on the earth.