Are the Demons Saved?

bob b

Science Lover
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I have often heard it said that all one has to do to be saved is believe in Jesus Christ. There are even passages in scripture which seem to teach this

But there is also scripture which indicates that the Demons in Hell believe in Jesus Christ and yet seem to be condemned to be thrown into the lake of Fire.

What is going on here?

Could this be a misunderstanding that arose when translating the Greek into English?

:think:

SUTG

bob b said:
I have often heard it said that all one has to do to be saved is believe in Jesus Christ. There are even passages in scripture which seem to teach this

But there is also scripture which indicates that the Demons in Hell believe in Jesus Christ and yet seem to be condemned to be thrown into the lake of Fire.

What is going on here?

Maybe the demons were cast into hell for not believeing, and that caused them to believe - but it was too late. Sorta like everyone keeps saying is going to happen to us atheists on this board.

Lynn73

No the demons aren't saved. They may believe in the existence of God and Christ since they have firsthand knowledge that they do exist. But that's not the same as putting trust in Christ for salvation. They have a mental assent type of belief but not a heart and true trust belief.

2ephesians8

Yes, Bob b, I think there may be an issue with the word 'believe' . As Lynn73 was saying, mental assent and trust are different. Maybe it would have been better to say the demons 'know' and those who are saved 'trust'. Demons know Jesus Christ exists and is the way for men to be saved. They, however, are still in rebellion against God. As I understand it, there is no repentance available for these unclean, lawless, workers of inequity. Only men, created in the image of God, are offered the way of salvation.

Have you ever seen, heard or smelled a demon?

Wamba

`
LIFETIME MEMBER
It says in James
You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe—and tremble!

There's a diffence between believing and being saved. So, of course they believe in God, but they rebelled against Him and wanted power for themselves. That's why they got kicked out of Heaven in the first place.

bob b

Science Lover
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
2ephesians8 said:
Yes, Bob b, I think there may be an issue with the word 'believe' . As Lynn73 was saying, mental assent and trust are different. Maybe it would have been better to say the demons 'know' and those who are saved 'trust'. Demons know Jesus Christ exists and is the way for men to be saved. They, however, are still in rebellion against God. As I understand it, there is no repentance available for these unclean, lawless, workers of inequity. Only men, created in the image of God, are offered the way of salvation.

I believe you have the answer (as does Wamba). Going through my concordance search on "believe" the word "entrust" is an alternate.

Have you ever seen, heard or smelled a demon?

I don't think so, but then again there was this one instance ... :think:

logos_x

I always took that verse to mean that demons tremble because of Christian authority over them. :think:

Shalom

Also...just because you believe in God that doesnt mean you will like Him.

Many beleive in God but they reject His ways therefore rejecting Him and their salvation.

Of course from my perspective as a God loving Christian I believe that if they really chose to know Him they wouldnt reject Him or His ways.

thelaqachisnext

BANNED
Banned
Wamba the Fool said:
It says in James

There's a diffence between believing and being saved. So, of course they believe in God, but they rebelled against Him and wanted power for themselves. That's why they got kicked out of Heaven in the first place.
The demons, which are those 'unclean, foul, spirits', were never in heaven in the first place.
Their father's were, according to Scripture; but they are born of the rebel angels of daughters of Adam and are condemned from the conception of them as unclean spirits. When they are disembodied by the death of their unclean flesh, they roam the earth, seeking to inhabit a body, doing evil, unless they are sent to the pit before their appointed time for worse deeds than just 'unlawfully' existing.

The Scriptures that we have provide abundant proof that, on this matter, that the book of Enoch is correct and rightly quoted in Scripture.
So, no; the demons believe that Jesus Christ is the Holy One (as they confess in the Word) who was to come, and are never saved, as the angels who fell believe -even Satan- and are never saved.
Believe with the heart and confess with the mouth that you trust Him to be and do what He promised and you will be saved, because with that confession comes the humbling of yourself to His Word and agreement with Him of your need.

The fallen angels and the nephillim born of them never had a promise to be saved by the blood of sprinkling, which is only for the 'Adam- kind' -'from the foundation of the world'.

It is not to angels that He gave aid, when He took upon Himself the garments of vengence (the human nature), by clothing Himself with the body prepared in the Womb of the virgin, in which body He is the Kinsman-Redeemer/Avenger of all in Adam (whosoever will).

OlDove

The idea that we are fallen and need to pay for a sin, do children have that naturally in them? Or is that something we teach them and then they believe? It's always confused me because people who never knew they needed to be saved are saved according to most Christians, in that second chance deal after they're dead. If we are the fallen angels, maybe it's because of the rebellion within us. Isn't within us where the Kingdom of God is supposed to be. Could it be more a teaching that we need to suffer before we can understand?

2ephesians8

OlDove said:
The idea that we are fallen and need to pay for a sin, do children have that naturally in them? Or is that something we teach them and then they believe?

1John 1:8 If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us.

Do you think guilt, sorrow, saddness, pain etc. is taught?

[QOUTE=OlDove/] It's always confused me because people who never knew they needed to be saved are saved according to most Christians, in that second chance deal after they're dead. If we are the fallen angels, maybe it's because of the rebellion within us. Isn't within us where the Kingdom of God is supposed to be. Could it be more a teaching that we need to suffer before we can understand?[/QUOTE]
:confused:

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Lynn73 said:
No the demons aren't saved. They may believe in the existence of God and Christ since they have firsthand knowledge that they do exist. But that's not the same as putting trust in Christ for salvation. They have a mental assent type of belief but not a heart and true trust belief.
I agree with this. :up:

OlDove

2ephesians8 said:
1John 1:8 If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us.

Do you think guilt, sorrow, saddness, pain etc. is taught?
I think emotions are like instinct. We are born with all of them. It is what we grow in our garden. If we see thorns. They are thorns. "guilt, sorrow, saddness, pain" they are needed to learn what life is. Embrace these emotions. They help us learn why we do things. They are not like our EGO. Our ego stops our growth.

Apologist

BANNED
Banned
The exact verse, i believe is: "You believe? Good. Even the demons hear the name of Jesus Christ and tremble."

Ie, merely believing is not enough. You must have faith and do good works.

Daniel50

If you understand the following verse
I Peter 4;18 18 And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?

Where is the question of Demons are saved?

OlDove

chandru46 said:
I Peter 4;18 18 And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?

If we are demons. Is this hell? Did Hitler come back and get raped by Stalin as a young child? Then Stalin put to death in jail by someone? Did Hitler and Stalin come back as women in the Taliban?

OlDove

chandru46 said:

righteous scarcely be saved

Dont be righteous?

kmoney

Hall of Fame
OlDove said:
If we are demons. Is this hell? Did Hitler come back and get raped by Stalin as a young child? Then Stalin put to death in jail by someone? Did Hitler and Stalin come back as women in the Taliban?
We're demons?? :dizzy: