Are black on white attacks justified?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
If black on white crimes are justified, then white on black crimes are justified- and if one isn't justified then neither is the other.

It's as simple as that, really- it's madness to suppose one side should take a hurting from another and must accept it. This is sort of the reason why 'white liberal guilt' is aggravating.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
So are you honestly trying to justify people who were never enslaved killing people who never owned slaves?
Not even a little. Quote something you feel makes something like that point and I'll be happy to address it.

Also there was never a party change. That's a lie.
Simply and demonstrably mistaken on your part. I think your rushing to the lie business is in keeping with your first and latter comments. You're not thinking your way through this and that's a problem if you mean to have a rational conversation on the point.

I can demonstrate the change I literally lived through and witnessed. Let's do this in a way that's helpful to the youngsters around here. Once upon a not too distant time there was a thing popularly called "The Solid South" (link) This voting block was important and powerful from the post civil war era until the mid 60s passage of the Civil Rights Act. Wiki actually does a good job on this. To use their quick sum:

"During this period, the Democratic Partycontrolled state legislatures; most local and state officeholders in the South were Democrats, as were federal politicians elected from these states. Southern Democrats disenfranchised blacks in every state of the former Confederacy at the turn of the century."

Following massive registration and active participation by blacks in that political process the party's segregation and white interest promotion began to crumble. The result?

"Around the same time, many white conservatives began to shift to the Republican Party, which by the second decade of the 21st century attracted most of the white-majority votes."​

So the once solid South, overwhelmingly Democratic, the party of Wallace, transformed into the red state bastion it remains to this day.

Reagan, a former stalwart of the Democratic party, commented on the shift directly when he said of his 1962 party shift, "I didn't leave the party, the party left me." What the patron saint of conservatism was noting was that steady shift into a progressive social agenda.

So you're just wrong on the point. The only reason you appear to be holding onto that mistake is so you can launch polemics at the Democrats. Well, I don't think much of either party, but I think even less of uninformed declaration in lieu of a demonstrable grasp of the facts.

The Democratic Party has always been the party of slavery and racism.
That's an ignorant thing to say. Just complete nonsense without argumentative or factual support.

Likewise the Republican Party has always been the party of abolition and equal rights. Refer back to the video.
No, it hasn't, though for a long time the party of Lincoln was fairly progressive on social issues. Hasn't been true for a very long time now, but once upon a time it moved the conscience of the nation out of a national evil. No doubt about that. And I don't come here to be referred to videos. Either you have the facts and acumen to make a case or your don't. So far, you're solidly in the emotionally driven, "don't" column.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I'm German. Descendant of the Germanic people. Do you know what the Romans did to them after they concurred their land? They crucified many of them, they raped the woman, slaughtered the old, and enslaved the children. By your logic it would be ok for me to go on a rampage against Italians. But I won't because the offense was not against me nor are those people the ones who committed the offense. Black people therefore are unjustifiably doing evil in the streets.

You're not an American?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
If black on white crimes are justified,
Which no one here is arguing.

then white on black crimes are justified
Which no one here has concluded.

- and if one isn't justified then neither is the other.
Right. Welcome to rational ground zero. Try building something on this foundation.

It's as simple as that, really- it's madness to suppose one side should take a hurting from another and must accept it. This is sort of the reason why 'white liberal guilt' is aggravating.
The first part was revisiting the straw pile. White liberal guilt is an invention of the right as a buffer for taking action to address the impact of that aforementioned, generational denial of right and its impact. It's not worth much more time or consideration.

Still waiting on a link to that story you set out earlier. :plain:

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
White liberal guilt is an invention of the right as a buffer for taking action to address the impact of that aforementioned, generational denial of right and its impact.

White liberal guilt is feeling as if one owes another race or class something simply because of past discrimination or out of remorse that they themselves are successful.

It's not an 'invention', it's reality. Stockholm's Syndrome at it's finest :doh:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
White liberal guilt is feeling as if one owes another race or class something simply because of past discrimination or out of remorse that they themselves are successful.
No, it's really an excuse draped in an insult, which is far too much of what is issued and has issued from the far right for far too long.

Still no link to that story, by the way. Where did you read it?

jzeidler

Your point falls flat.

BTW, I have German heritage too, although I call myself American, not German.

I can think of a reason why you'd identify with German first, and it would explain a lot...

My argument doesn't fall flat. In fact it does what it was meant to do. Just as I as an American with German heritage don't have a right to go on a rampage against Italians so to black Americans don't have a right to go on a rampage against white Americans.

You should be happy you don't know me because I don't take kindly to someone slandering me and trying to imply I'm a nazi.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
My argument doesn't fall flat. In fact it does what it was meant to do. Just as I as an American with German heritage don't have a right to go on a rampage against Italians so to black Americans don't have a right to go on a rampage against white Americans.

You called yourself a German. That's an unusual way for an American to identify himself.

You should be happy you don't know me because I don't take kindly to someone slandering me and trying to imply I'm a nazi.

Is that a threat?

jzeidler

You called yourself a German. That's an unusual way for an American to identify himself.

Is that a threat?

Everyone when speaking of their heritage says "I'm this" or "I'm that." That's just how it is.

No, I'm saying that I don't take kindly to someone trying to say I'm a Nazi. Just like anyone would be pissed off at that sort of slander.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
No, it's really an excuse draped in an insult, which is far too much of what is issued and has issued from the far right for far too long.

WLG is seen clearly in how they consistently disregard their own interests for others who are doing nothing but offending them.

Sorry Jack, but it's not an invention, it's an abstract of white liberal society :wave:

Still no link to that story, by the way. Where did you read it?

I have no idea what you're talking about :idunno:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Everyone when speaking of their heritage says "I'm this" or "I'm that." That's just how it is.

They don't say "I'm German."

No, I'm saying that I don't take kindly to someone trying to say I'm a Nazi. Just like anyone would be pissed off at that sort of slander.

It sure sounds like a threat to me. I get called all kinds of things here, but I have yet to say "you should be happy you don't know me..."

jzeidler

No they don't.

It sure sounds like a threat to me. I get called all kinds of things here, but I have yet to say "you should be happy you don't know me..."

Yes they do I hear it all the time.

And you should be happy you don't know me. I'm happy I don't know you. We wouldn't get along well. I'm done talking to you. People who slander others and call them nazi's aren't worth my time. Yes, YOU are not worth my time.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned

I've been called everything in the book by Anna and her posse, from misogynist to actually Satan :rotfl:

It's just the woman in her is all, pandering to the Devil

Wait..
:think:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Yes they do I hear it all the time.

Maybe in your circles you do.

And you should be happy you don't know me. I'm happy I don't know you. We wouldn't get along well. I'm done talking to you. People who slander others and call them nazi's aren't worth my time. Yes, YOU are not worth my time.

I'm very happy I don't know you. I wouldn't want to know you.

However, I may still find a reason to post in your threads.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
black-people-lynched.jpg

Do you think white people have the right to tell them how and when they should forget?
The Whites did that because White lives matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.