ARCHIVE: pixel theology (the counting machine)

KamiQuasi

Re: pixel theology (the counting machine)

Re: pixel theology (the counting machine)

Originally posted by Knight
I created the animation below with great attention to detail.

What does the animation tell you about me?

Well, this being my first post here at TOL I thought it fun to give my two cents worth. Here are the things I observe from the knowledge that was given in your first post and also through the animation.

1. You have claimed creation by writing your name on it
2. You have high expectations of your creation (hence claiming the attention to detail).
3. Your expectations are not complete in the creation.
5. You are still pleased with the creation, because it continues to do what you programmed it to, even if it isn't quite up to expectations. (Otherwise you wouldn't be showing it off, and you would take your name off of it, and forsake it to eternal damnation.)
done. You must intervene to resolve the fault(s) of your creation.

And that's what I think.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Re: Re: pixel theology (the counting machine)

Re: Re: pixel theology (the counting machine)

Originally posted by KamiQuasi

Well, this being my first post here at TOL I thought it fun to give my two cents worth. Here are the things I observe from the knowledge that was given in your first post and also through the animation.

1. You have claimed creation by writing your name on it
2. You have high expectations of your creation (hence claiming the attention to detail).
3. Your expectations are not complete in the creation.
5. You are still pleased with the creation, because it continues to do what you programmed it to, even if it isn't quite up to expectations. (Otherwise you wouldn't be showing it off, and you would take your name off of it, and forsake it to eternal damnation.)
done. You must intervene to resolve the fault(s) of your creation.

And that's what I think.
Thanks Kami!!! Welcome to TOL (keep your thick skin handy).

Let me ask you this....

When I created my counting machine I intentionally left off the 4 (even though I do know how to count). Yet I still EXPECT to see a four when my counting machine counts. What does THAT tell you about me?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by Yxboom
You left your medication at momma's house?
Actually Mara already pegged me right on but I thought Kami might want to take a shot at it.

Not to mention we are still holding out hope that Dee Dee, JP or Jaltus may want to join the fun.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
If you EXPECT a 4, then it means that your expectations are perfect, but your creation is not.
Well... I think your ignoring the fact that I have addmitted the machine was created "as intended" and I am happy with it!

KamiQuasi

The fact that you created it without the four and yet still expect a 4 tells me that you are looking for your creation to go beyond its programming. In other words, you want your creation to become perfect regardless of its programming.

Post Modern Fundamentalist
and I am happy with it!

you mean happy in your work with it right?

I just wanted to add that once you punish this box knight, it will be glorious!

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The fact that you created it without the four and yet still expect a 4 tells me that you are looking for your creation to go beyond its programming. In other words, you want your creation to become perfect regardless of its programming.
So... you don't find it odd that I created something "as intended" yet expect something else from it?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by 1013
I just wanted to add that once you punish this box knight, it will be glorious!
LOL!! Wouldn't that be REALLY odd of me? To punish the box for not displaying the 4... even though I intentionally left out the 4?

Mara

3 legged race champion
Originally posted by Knight
So... you don't find it odd that I created something "as intended" yet expect something else from it?

Knight, you really need to get some help! I hear that schizophrenia can be terminal if left untreated. ;)

Mara

3 legged race champion
And if a house be divided against itself, that house cannot stand. --Mark 3:25

Neither can God be divided against Himself. He cannot hold two opposing thoughts at the same time; for in doing so, He would be denying himself (2 Tim 2:13)

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by Mara

Neither can God be divided against Himself. He cannot hold two opposing thoughts at the same time; for in doing so, He would be denying himself (2 Tim 2:13)
So are you asserting that God REALLY was "sorry" in Gen 6 and God REALLY was "expecting good grapes" in Isaiah 5??????

Genesis 6:6 And the LORD was sorry that He had made man on the earth, and He was grieved in His heart. 7 So the LORD said, ?I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth, both man and beast, creeping thing and birds of the air, for I am sorry that I have made them.

Isaiah 5:1 Now let me sing to my Well-beloved A song of my Beloved regarding His vineyard: My Well-beloved has a vineyard On a very fruitful hill. 2 He dug it up and cleared out its stones, And planted it with the choicest vine. He built a tower in its midst, And also made a winepress in it; So He expected it to bring forth good grapes, But it brought forth wild grapes. 3 ? And now, O inhabitants of Jerusalem and men of Judah, Judge, please, between Me and My vineyard. 4 What more could have been done to My vineyard That I have not done in it? Why then, when I expected it to bring forth good grapes, Did it bring forth wild grapes?

Mara

3 legged race champion
Uh . . . yeah! But I'll let God speak for himself:

And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you. -- Exodus 3:14

God [is] not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do [it]? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good? --Num 23:19

Mara

3 legged race champion
Besides if God were so unchanging that He could not be sorry for making man (after they took their free will and shoved it back in His face), it would make him no different than the false gods who God set himself above.

Shadowx

Lets "Box"

Lets "Box"

Such behavior sounds too much like "our" ways yet God says His ways are higher than our ways.
2 WILLS opposed to one another.
Is God really divided against himself?

matt 12 and Luke 3:26. And if Satan rise up against himself, and be divided, he cannot stand, but hath an end.

Jesus says such a concept in Matt 12, Luke 3, has its "end" it can't stand..it doesn't work..the idea is flawed and can't maintain itself
unless it is possible for God to destroy himself it can't work.

Like your box..You made it to leave out the number 4 that is what you wanted..but you continue to look for it and are disappointed its not showing up..
Do you foreknow the future see you are going to be disappointed then create the box anyways?
Do you not know though you may be happy now with it that in the "future" you will have regrets?
If you can see into the future that your created box will make you unhappy and regretful and disapointed..then you must want to be so.
are you "happy" being in conflict with yourself does it bring you pleasure?
that doesn't sound like a healthy state to be in..

so....you still keep looking intently for the #4 and are disappointed
only if there is the "possibility" of a 4 coming into the picture would it make sense "to me" for you to be watching for it to begin with and then if it doesn't be disappointed in it
otherwise you are disappointed in your own actions not the boxes..

the idea that God has 2 wills that work against each other, that he is divided against himself is bizarre

Matt 12:24
24. But when the Pharisees heard it, they said, This fellow doth not cast out devils, but by Beelzebub the prince of the devils.
25. And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand:
26. And if Satan cast out Satan, he is divided against himself; how shall then his kingdom stand?

Luke 3:26. And if Satan rise up against himself, and be divided, he cannot stand, but hath an end.

Does what the Pharisees say sound familiar?
..this idea is still with us today.....I'm glad to see Jesus refuting it above..

Jesus says "Every kingdom" or "house" or "Being" divided against itself CANNOT STAND...it is brought to desolation and has an END.

God is not divided against himself...(I see Mara has beat me to it)..

Jeremiah:19: 4. **Because they have forsaken me** ,and have estranged this place, and have burned incense in it unto other gods, whom neither they nor their fathers have known, nor the kings of Judah, and have filled this place with the blood of innocents;
5. They have built also the high places of Baal, to burn their sons with fire for burnt offerings unto Baal, which I commanded not, nor spake it, neither came it into my mind:

Did God predestinate the Israelites to murder there children, and say nope it wasn't me.?
He says, it was because YOU FORSOOK me..not because I was present in your actions, but because I WAS ABSENT in them, I did not command this...He tells us why this happened..in verse 4 above.

Romans 1 "Because they did not think it worth while to retain God in there knowledge" God turned them over to there OWN ways..that's the logical natural consequences of rejecting his ways, we are then left to our **own** ways..its what we choose..as did the Israelites in Jeremiah 19.

Isaiah 13:58 If thou turn away thy foot from the Sabbath, from **doing thy pleasure** on my holy day; and call the Sabbath a delight, the holy of the Lord, honorable; and shalt honour him, not doing **thine own ways**, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking **thine own words**:

Our ways and Gods ways are often opposed to one another theyre not the same..
the statement in Jer 19 above makes no sense at all if total predestination is to be believed..
it can only make sense if God is divided against himself..in that he predestined them not to do it and to do it at the same time even though he says I did not have anything to do with it..its because you have "Forsaken" me..such a concept of God that some try to present is straight up goofy
it would again show God is divided against himself..he clearly makes a distinction over and over between "our" ways which are OUR own, and His.

Isaiah 66:3. He that killeth an ox is as if he slew a man; he that sacrificeth a lamb, as if he cut off a dog's neck; he that offereth an oblation, as if he offered swine's blood; he that burneth incense, as if he blessed an idol. Yea, **they have chosen their own ways**, "and their soul delighteth in their abominations".

you expecting something from your box that you have not allowed for then getting disappointed in ("it"?) is schizophrenic..

the Question that is begging is.. "Can we know what Gods ways are" is God always "Righteous", "holy" and what does that mean?
I believe we can...I believe in part its "intuitive"
Romans 1-2 and then we have of course his written Word.

Does He.. really build boxes like knights..
Does he do things he knows ultimately will lead him to disappointment?
when we think of behavior like that..it.. seems to be associated with the "unhealthy" rather then the "healthy"

I would much rather have a creation that in part could choose to act independently of me..
(God said of Adam "Let us "see" what he will name them (animals)")
having a remote controlled robot that can only do what I tell it and pushing buttons to get it to do what I want is one thing
creating one with the ability to act to some extent by itself apart from me...while still having the final say..in that if it doesn't behave in a healthy way..and does harm to others.. I can dismantle it..
now that would be "interesting"..

"4" the Record.
I Believe God is "sovereignly" healthy.

Post Modern Fundamentalist
Besides if God were so unchanging that He could not be sorry for making man (after they took their free will and shoved it back in His face), it would make him no different than the false gods who God set himself above.

interesting that the author of genesis did not sare this concern as he felt free to write that God felt sorry for making man.

Mara, I think you'll find a thread in this forum interesting.

It's called "God repenting and Nachum." It's archived.