ARCHIVE: pixel theology (the counting machine)

Lion

King of the jungle
Super Moderator
Hmmmm…I know that you are a dispensationalist, and I also know that they place great significance on the difference between circumcision and uncircumcision, so, does this have anything to do with fourskin?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by Lion
Hmmmm?I know that you are a dispensationalist, and I also know that they place great significance on the difference between circumcision and uncircumcision, so, does this have anything to do with fourskin?
Oh man.... now that was funny! :D :crackup:

Lion

King of the jungle
Super Moderator
What did the sadist say to the masochist when he asked him to hurt him? NO!

What did the sadist say to the masochist when he asked him to hurt him? NO!

The difference is in the might. When you created the box, you didn’t think there might be a chance the box would miss the four. You knew the box would miss the four, so you built it that way. I would ask this; Since you knew the box would miss the four if you built it that way, why didn’t you decide to build it another way, one that your foreknowledge showed would show the four? Then you wouldn’t be the masochist that you apparently are.

Mara

3 legged race champion
Originally posted by Knight
But what would you say to someone like Jaltus that MIGHT argue.....

Just because you KNOW that something will happen doesn't mean that you still cant be sorry or disappointed about it. Jaltus might say.... you know your kids might make a mess of their room yet you are still disappointed when they DO make a mess of their room.

What would you say about that argument? Maybe I am not "schizo" based on that argument?

There is a big difference between a God who is supposed to every single action that will ever happen and when those actions will occur and a parent who could only guess.

If one has perfect knowledge of a creation, they should never be disappointed in what that creation does.

If the parent knew that at 2PM on Monday, their child would make a total mess of their room, the parent would not be disappointed. However parents have no such knowledge then they can be either disappointed or happy with the child, himself.

A God who has perfect knowledge of all future things, cannot be either disappointed with us. In fact he cannot be happy with us either. He can only be happy that his creative powers are sufficient.

Only A God, who only knows the future events that He, Himself intends to bring about, can be genuinely disappointed or happy with us as individuals.

[sidenote: The reason that God doesn't know the future (with the exception of the things that God determines to bring about himself) is that the future hasn't been written yet. The future doesn't exist, yet.]

Mara

3 legged race champion
Re: What did the sadist say to the masochist when he asked him to hurt him? NO!

Re: What did the sadist say to the masochist when he asked him to hurt him? NO!

Originally posted by Lion
The difference is in the might. When you created the box, you didn’t think there might be a chance the box would miss the four. You knew the box would miss the four, so you built it that way. I would ask this; Since you knew the box would miss the four if you built it that way, why didn’t you decide to build it another way, one that your foreknowledge showed would show the four? Then you wouldn’t be the masochist that you apparently are.

Yeah, I thought of that, but I knew what Knight was going for. :p ;)

(Edited to say: It is quite difficult to find an example of God among the imperfect.)

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Darn... that Mara is one smart puppy!

Can I ask one more follow-up question?????

Does it make any difference whatsoever..... if I know that the 4 is missing through my direct creation of the missing 4..... or if by someway I just knew (exhaustively) that the 4 would be missing? Is my disappointment misplaced in both scenarios?

Mara

3 legged race champion
Originally posted by Yxboom
There is one who by that definition would fit the bill...

Nitpicker! :D But if God had perfect fourknowledge of his creation and all that it would ever do, then he would have known ahead of time that his creation (namely man) would fall. To create man knowing that it would fall and then be sorry that it did, that's schizo!

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by Mara

Nitpicker! :D But if God had perfect fourknowledge of his creation and all that it would ever do, then he would have known ahead of time that his creation (namely man) would fall. To create man knowing that it would fall and then be sorry that it did, that's schizo!
OK... Mara... who are you and where did you come from? :D

Mara

3 legged race champion

Not only that, but if you know for certain that your creation is going to mess up ahead of time; why on Earth (or in Heaven) would you do something that you know will fail. That's just plain stupid -- something that we know God is not!

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Attention closed viewers.....

Attention closed viewers.....

I still expect to see a 4 after the 3 even though I created the counting machine intentionally leaving out the 4!

Am I "schizo" as mara asserts????

Y

Yxboom

Okay I'll give you a hint; I live one time zone away from you.
Well, that isn't far away at all. Don't Ya think?

Mara

3 legged race champion
Originally posted by Knight
I should have known with the LOTR sig! Nerd alert, nerd alert! :D ;)

(just teasin')

:p Takes one to know one! <--Yeah, I know that that is juvenile, but you reduced me to such lows. :D

Post Modern Fundamentalist
There is a parenthetical gap between the 3rd and the 5th, so that an unforseen dispensation may be added?

this might work but not with the dispensationalists here, even though they are open viewers. That's because they say there are twelve dispensations and if God adds one more, that would be unlucky.

Mara

3 legged race champion
Originally posted by 1013

this might work but not with the dispensationalists here, even though they are open viewers. That's because they say there are twelve dispensations and if God adds one more, that would be unlucky.

Do you think God is superstitious?

Post Modern Fundamentalist
no, he's epistemically justified in knowing that 13 is an unlucky number.