ARCHIVE: Open Theism part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
OH God! My salvation is in jeopardy. I'm lost. How should I say it so I can be saved?

Simply use the quote function for Mystery/Sozo posts and you will have assurance of eternal life (if you sign your name with blood to the bottom of it and renounce any ideas you may have previously held).

godrulz

Hall of Fame
I believe that they can be known, and that I know them. That is my affirmation.

It is good to have a brain and a backbone. Convictions allow us to speak the truth in love. I echo your sentiments.

Few threads remain on topic all the time. I do not have a problem with bunny trails.

The cat seems to be away, so the mice are playing. I am feeling guilty about talking to mystery. Should I feel this way? I think we are playing nice?

Philetus

Yes, you are THE moron. You quoted what I said, and then posted a verse to support your view of what I said. If you just randomly picked a verse, then you are still a moron.

We are not going to resolve the debate about your views on sinlessness. We aren't even discussing it any longer. It always degenerates into name calling. Can we move on?

Any thoughts on Gen 50?

Philetus

Gen. 50:19 But Joseph said to them, "Don't be afraid. Am I in the place of God? 20 You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives.

Philetus

I don't know, can you stop being a moron?
Probably not. YOu just might have to exercise a little of the righteousness of Christ in dealing with me.
In reference to what, Philetus? :yawn:
This: (I couldn't figurer out how to link it so I just pasted it here.)

Originally Posted by godrulz View Post
http://kcarmstrong.wordpress.com/200...-john-sanders/

Sanders on the hot seat...

Originally Posted by Philetus: I wish Sanders had dealt with the Gen 50 question more. Here is my take:

Gen. 50:19 But Joseph said to them, "Don't be afraid. Am I in the place of God? 20 You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives.

Here in Genesis 50 the intentions of human beings and the intentions of God are pitted against each other. Clearly the intentions of Joseph’s brothers were to harm him and make their own lives easier. They in fact had placed themselves on a par with God in disposing of their little brother and profiting by selling him into slavery and supposing to obliterate Joseph’s future as a free Israelite. Even Ruben’s self preserving intervention to spare Joseph’s life was an act of control and manipulation, not of deliverance.

God’s intentions are always good. His plans are to bless not to harm; plans to give us a future. Jer 29:11 But because the intentions of others are often contrary to God’s own intentions (destructive and sinful) God works with, through or even around the intentional actions of His creatures. I think this is evident over and over again in Joseph’s story, Potiphar’s wife, prison and release, the rise to power and so forth. By the time we get to Gen 50 the clash between God’s intention and those of opposing forces is clear and what Joseph recognizes is that no mater what harm has come to him from the evil intentions of others, he will not put himself in the place of God or play god with the lives of others. He will not repay evil for evil. If God is for Joseph, who can be against him? The list of those who were against Joseph is long, but God’s intentions win out in His servants lives, not because God is in meticulous control or even because the selling of Joseph into slavery was God’s original intention, but because NOTHING can prevent God from accomplishing His purposes. Who knows how God might have saved many lives had Joseph not been sold out by his brothers? Maybe Israel and all his sons could have gone to Egypt as one big happy family. Who knows how it might have happened? All we know is how it DID happen and what is now being done.

God can take the long way to accomplish His intentions when those intentions are challenged by the sinful actions of men. He will do in 40 years what should take no more than 4 weeks ... but that requires our cooperation and obedience. Sometimes God works with, sometimes through, sometimes around and sometimes in spite of our intentions and actions. The list of those whose intentions appose God’s is as long as human history. All have sinned. But, God is patient, faithful and will accomplish what He intends.

Jer 29:11 - For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

themuzicman

Maybe we can get back to Delmar's questions and my responses about free will and the future being open.

(said the man who is cornered by needing to claim infallible inerrancy of his own theology to affirm his salvation, but doesn't want to.)

Muz

Mystery

What is your question Philetus about Genesis 50? What do you want to know, and what does it have to do with Open Theism?

Philetus

What is your question Philetus about Genesis 50? What do you want to know, and what does it have to do with Open Theism?

Did you watch the clip of Sanders and White?

Sanders seemed to miss the opportunity to address it head on from an Open View perspective. He did say something very good about humility in our epistemology. It’s worth the little time it takes to view.

Philetus

No, should I? Who is Sanders and White?

Never mind. I get the impression that you don't know how to discuss; you only argue about things that only you know and the rest of us morons are just guessing at. The link is there. Whatever. It's like E4E's "So you are saying the the gospel is fallible and errant?" NO but you two are as much as anyone is. I'm done trying.

Mystery

Never mind. I get the impression that you don't know how to discuss;
Let's retrace what just happen here...

You asked me to comment on Genesis 50. Why? I don't have any idea, because you never asked me any questions about it. Then you post a link and expect me to watch it. Why? :idunno: Is it because you're in the video holding up a sign with my question on it?

What do you want to know, Philetus? Have I not responded to all of your other off topic questions?

:sigh:

Status
Not open for further replies.