ARCHIVE: Knight and Lion from TOL are Back to Answer Your Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
allsmiles said:
Like who??? Give me an example. Give me an example of a historical figure from around the time of Jesus that you actually believe existed (since you are not sure about Caesar).

And when you give that example please employ your own nugget of "wisdom"....
A wiser man than myself once told me to not have an opinion one way or another on a subject about which I know nothing. I know you understand that, you'd have to be a fool not to and you're no fool... right?

allsmiles

Knight said:
Like who??? Give me an example. Give me an example of a historical figure from around the time of Jesus that you actually believe existed (since you are not sure about Caesar).

And when you give that example please employ your own nugget of "wisdom"....

Knight I'll extend you that courtesy the very moment you extend it to me.

Is belief in Jesus the only evidence you have for his existence in our historical timeline?

Obfuscate all you'd like, mock all you'd like, avoid the question as much as you'd like, but it's not going anywhere.

allsmiles

Outlaw said:
I''ll bet he's sure the "missing link" existed.

I am the missing link :chuckle:

Stick to the subject, you're only making yourself look more foolish by avoiding a single, direct question that should be easy for you to answer.

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Outlaw said:
I''ll bet he's sure the "missing link" existed.

We all know "Nebraska man" existed. The fossil record proves it!

Plus the Earth is 4.5 billion years old. What, do you want a picture?

Outlaw

allsmiles said:
I am the missing link :chuckle:

Stick to the subject, you're only making yourself look more foolish by avoiding a single, direct question that should be easy for you to answer.
Ask away?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
allsmiles said:
Is belief in Jesus the only evidence you have for his existence in our historical timeline?
That statement doesn't even make sense, so I am ignoring it.

Now, Give me an example of a historical figure from around the time of Jesus that you actually believe existed (since you are not sure about Caesar).

You continue...
Aw shucks, ya just don't get it do you? Poor little fella. :(

We ARE on topic! We are painfully demonstrating the folly of your own argument. Someday when you grow up you will think back on this thread and think... "Man I was dumb." :doh:

allsmiles

Knight said:
That statement doesn't even make sense, so I am ignoring it.

:rotfl:

Now, Give me an example of a historical figure from around the time of Jesus that you actually believe existed (since you are not sure about Caesar).

No.

You wrap your mind around my question and deliver a civil answer to it.

You continue...Aw shucks, ya just don't get it do you? Poor little fella. :(

We ARE on topic! We are painfully demonstrating the folly of your own argument. Someday when you grow up you will think back on this thread and think... "Man I was dumb." :doh:

Outlaw

allsmiles said:

Let us see what you are asking... :think:

You want to know if the only evidence that Knight has for the existence of Jesus in our historical timeline is his belief in Jesus?

That makes no sense.

Are you denying that Jesus is not in our historical timeline?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
allsmiles said:
You wrap your mind around my question and deliver a civil answer to it.
Let's make this easy for you....

I believe Jesus existed (setting aside the divinity argument of course).

In order for us to discuss this logically I need to know if you believe ANYONE existed around the time of Jesus. I need a name. If you can't tell me that you believe any historical figure existed during that same time why should I waste my time discussing with you the existence of Jesus?

Don't ya see????

I need to test your sanity before I waste time taking you very seriously. Any nut that can't acknowledge that Augustus Caesar existed is on shaky ground with me.

Can anyone tell me why allsmiles doesn't want to give me a name of a person he believes existed around the same time as Jesus???

I know, do you?

allsmiles

Outlaw said:
Let us see what you are asking... :think:

You want to know if the only evidence that Knight has for the existence of Jesus in our historical timeline is his belief in Jesus?

That's not what I asked.

That makes no sense.

It certainly does and you understand it perfectly.

Are you denying that Jesus is not in our historical timeline?

I deny that Jesus existed in our historical timeline. He was and is a mythological character.

allsmiles

Knight said:
Let's make this easy for you....

I believe Jesus existed (setting aside the divinity argument of course).

:shocked:

In order for us to discuss this logically I need to know if you believe ANYONE existed around the time of Jesus. I need a name. If you can't tell me that you believe any historical figure existed during that same time why should I waste my time discussing with you the existence of Jesus?

Because.

Don't ya see????

More than you know and I appreciate that you're uncomfortable with that.

I need to test your sanity before I waste time taking you very seriously. Any nut that can't acknowledge that Augustus Caesar existed is on shaky ground with me.

I know nothing about Augustus, why would I speak of something that I know nothing about?

Can anyone tell me why allsmiles doesn't want to give me a name of a person he believes existed around the same time as Jesus???

I know, do you?

I have a wikipedia article in front of me right now. This particular fellow was born in 23 CE.

Now, is belief in Jesus the only evidence you have for his existence in our historical timeline?

fool

Hall of Fame
Knight said:
How many chances do you want????
As many as I can get.

Bob had you on his show 4 times!
Yup, we got alot of work done in my opinion.

You also have infinite opportunity here on TOL to make your point
I think I have taken advantage of that, I had no idea whan I signed on I would wind up with four thousand some odd posts and six radio appearences, and a sticky/archive thread, but it just happened.
, what else do you want? :idunno:
I want you to acknowledge that I "stepped up to the plate"
Not to mention, I invited you to call the show, but you didn't call.
I consider the shows "open phone policy" to be an invitation to call any time, I wanted to spend some time with you guys but it just didn't pan out. At the time you guys were tapeing I think I had two on hold and one on my ear, I was vaigly aware that now was the time but it wasen't a choice priority wise.
I should be done with this project in a couple of months, and maybe things will die down where I can make some notes and have a good call.
Until then I say "do right and risk the concequences".

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

I know, do you?

Status
Not open for further replies.