ARCHIVE: Knight and Lion from TOL are Back to Answer Your Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Knight said:
Why? There is more evidence for the existence of Jesus than there is the existence of Caesar.

Look what you've done! You already have me wasting my time! :D

No offense, Knight, but that is completely and totally untrue and I suspect you know that full well.

I'm packing it in for the night but anybody claiming that history provides more proof for Christ's existence than Caesar's is either sincerely misinformed...or not.

Night, folks.:wave2:

Outlaw

Knight said:
Look what you've done! You already have me wasting my time! :D
It appears that is why they are here, because they certainly don't have the intellectual capacity to do anything else.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Outlaw said:
It appears that is why they are here, because they certainly don't have the intellectual capacity to do anything else.

I think you need to work on holding back how you really feel and just... come right out and say it, for cryin' out loud!

:D

allsmiles

Outlaw said:

Again, behavior that I predicted in response to the JM argument.

You guys need to rethink your strategy :chuckle:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Granite said:
No offense, Knight, but that is completely and totally untrue and I suspect you know that full well.

I'm packing it in for the night but anybody claiming that history provides more proof for Christ's existence than Caesar's is either sincerely misinformed...or not.

Night, folks.:wave2:
What????? You must be on CRACK cocaine!

Caesar may have got a month named after Him but every single year for all of history in virtually every culture number their years after Jesus Christ. :cool:

Furthermore... you're missing the entire point!

I would never reject the existence of Caesar, that would be absolutely mind boggling stupid!!! Just as rejecting the existence of Jesus would be absolutely mind boggling stupid!!!

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
allsmiles said:
Again, behavior that I predicted in response to the JM argument.

You guys need to rethink your strategy :chuckle:
Hmmm ya think???

Of the two of us, one of our strategies is paying dividends while the others isn't. Can you figure out who is who?

allsmiles

Knight said:
What????? You must be on CRACK cocaine!

Caesar may have got a month named after Him but every single year for all of history in virtually every culture number their years after Jesus Christ. :cool:

Furthermore... you're missing the entire point!

I would never reject the existence of Caesar, that would be absolutely mind boggling stupid!!! Just as rejecting the existence of Jesus would be absolutely mind boggling stupid!!!

Putative is my new favorite word.

Is belief in Jesus the only evidence you have for his existence Knight?

Perhaps you'd like to point me in the direction of the abundance of unequivocal, perhaps even historical evidence that we're tripping over to support the existence of Christ in our historical timeline?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
allsmiles said:
Putative is my new favorite word.

Is belief in Jesus the only evidence you have for his existence Knight?

Perhaps you'd like to point me in the direction of the abundance of unequivocal, perhaps even historical evidence that we're tripping over to support the existence of Christ in our historical timeline?
What is your evidence for believing that Augustus Caesar existed?

Photographs? Video? What?

allsmiles

Knight said:
What is your evidence for believing that Augustus Caesar existed?

Photographs? Video? What?

I know nothing about Augustus, but I know a little bit about Jesus.

Let's talk about him, and I'd appreciate a direct response to a direct question.

Is belief in Jesus the only evidence you have of his existence in our historical timeline?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
allsmiles said:
I know nothing about Augustus, but I know a little bit about Jesus.

Let's talk about him, and I'd appreciate a direct response to a direct question.

Is belief in Jesus the only evidence you have of his existence in our historical timeline?
Do you believe Augustus Caesar existed?

YES or NO.

allsmiles

Knight said:
What does it mean?

Is it something like....

allsmiles, the putative punching bag of TOL? :think:

www.dictionary.com

Do you believe Augustus Caesar existed?

YES or NO.

A wiser man than myself once told me to not have an opinion one way or another on a subject about which I know nothing. I know you understand that, you'd have to be a fool not to and you're no fool... right?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
allsmiles said:
:sigh:

All that cleverness gone to waste.

A wiser man than myself once told me to not have an opinion one way or another on a subject about which I know nothing. I know you understand that, you'd have to be a fool not to and you're no fool... right?
So you don't have an opinion on the existence of Augustus Caesar????? Are you kidding??? :rotfl:

allsmiles

Knight said:
So you don't have an opinion on the existence of Augustus Caesar????? Are you kidding??? :rotfl:

I've shown you mine now you show me yours.

Is belief in Jesus the only evidence you have for his existence in our historical timeline? Objective evidence that is, none of this faith and hope esoteric stuff, it does me no good.

Bear in mind that for someone who seems so certain in his beliefs this should be an easy question to answer. This "conversation" shouldn't have even lasted this long. I don't know why I'm surprised when you obfuscate anymore Knight.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
allsmiles said:
I've shown you mine now you show me yours.

Is belief in Jesus the only evidence you have for his existence in our historical timeline? Objective evidence that is, none of this faith and hope esoteric stuff, it does me no good.
Are there ANY historical figures from the time of Jesus (or there 'bouts) that you do believe existed?

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Knight,
How do we know that you exist? Maybe you are just a computer with a made up image that makes up Knightcam. Maybe you are just TURBO is disguise. Prove that you exist!

allsmiles

Knight said:
Are there ANY historical figures from the time of Jesus (or there 'bouts) that you do believe existed?

Yes.

Would you please answer my question?

Bear in mind that this should be easy for you if I'm as wrong as you allege.

Bear in mind that your failure thus far to answer what should have been an easy challenge is in public for many to see.

Bear in mind that you have substituted an "easy" answer for obfuscation.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Genesis 1:1 In the beginning Kodak created the heavens and the earth. 2 The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the unexposed film of Kodak was hovering over the face of the development solution. 3 Then Kodak said, “Let there be light”; and the flash bulb was invented.

Status
Not open for further replies.