ECT Apostasy and regathering

Sheila B

Yes but, that is why I am asking who he was. There is rarely a speaker without an opinion on what he reads from scripture. Why that is is because they have to make scripture fit their ideas/agenda; the context in which they place their confidence. None escape this who are without Holy Spirit insight and relying solely upon seminary credentials or otherwise popular recognition for credibility. Baptists come easily to mind.

Yes, this is so very true. Sadly to say, I never held in great regard most preachers. Bible study teachers are easier to get a handle on, since it usually takes some time to get the gist of their personal agenda, if they have one. Many bible study courses are also greatly slanted and I find that so frustrating, I do not return. :wazzup:

Cross Reference

Yes, this is so very true. Sadly to say, I never held in great regard most preachers. Bible study teachers are easier to get a handle on, since it usually takes some time to get the gist of their personal agenda, if they have one. Many bible study courses are also greatly slanted and I find that so frustrating, I do not return. :wazzup:

Exactly! Most have a "form of godliness but deny His power" preferring to believe something that doesn't require dying to self for the salvation intended by God for those love Him __ their claim [if any] of loving Him [if necessary] being without fruit which easily reveals their failure to those with a hungry heart.

way 2 go

Hardly! They're 12,000 from each of the 12 tribes of Israel, as it plainly states.

:up:

Rev 21:12 And had a wall great and high, and had twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and names written thereon, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel:

Doom

"But if some of the branches were broken off, and you, being a wild olive, were grafted in among them and became partaker with them of the rich root of the olive tree, do not be arrogant toward the branches; but if you are arrogant, remember that it is not you who supports the root, but the root supports you. You will say then, “Branches were broken off so that I might be grafted in.” 20 Quite right, they were broken off for their unbelief, but you stand by your faith. Do not be conceited, but fear; for if God did not spare the natural branches, He will not spare you, either. Behold then the kindness and severity of God; to those who fell, severity, but to you, God’s kindness, if you continue in His kindness; otherwise you also will be cut off. And they also, if they do not continue in their unbelief, will be grafted in, for God is able to graft them in again. For if you were cut off from what is by nature a wild olive tree, and were grafted contrary to nature into a cultivated olive tree, how much more will these who are the natural branches be grafted into their own olive tree?

For I do not want you, brethren, to be uninformed of this mystery—so that you will not be wise in your own estimation—that a partial hardening has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in; and so all Israel will be saved; just as it is written,

“The Deliverer will come from Zion,
He will remove ungodliness from Jacob.”
“This is My covenant with them,
When I take away their sins.

From the standpoint of the gospel they are enemies for your sake, but from the standpoint of God’s choice they are beloved for the sake of the fathers; for the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable."

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
:up:

Rev 21:12 And had a wall great and high, and had twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and names written thereon, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel:

:thumb:

Which demonstrates the continuance of National Israel.

If GOD is done with the twelve tribes, as so many affirm, why would He put their names on the twelve gates of the New Jerusalem?

way 2 go

I recently heard that after the great falling away, the Jewish people will be brought into the church in wholesale numbers. Then, it will be the Jews who will evangelize the gentiles again back into the church, and then the end will come.

It does seem to be what St Paul is saying...

Any ideas on this scenario?

do you think you can be part of the great falling away ?

way 2 go

If GOD is done with the twelve tribes, as so many affirm, why would He put their names on the twelve gates of the New Jerusalem?

if he was finished them ,he wouldn't put their names on the twelve gates of the New Jerusalem

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
:thumb:

It is because Israel of the Spirit has today the ministry of reconciliation to God and the keys to the Kingdom.

Israel of the flesh has nothing but the world they love and kill for.

LA

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
It is because Israel of the Spirit has today the ministry of reconciliation to God and the keys to the Kingdom.

Israel of the flesh has nothing but the world they love and kill for.

LA

'Israel of the Spirit' made up.

Israel of the flesh:

Rom 9:3 For I could wish that myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh:
Rom 9:4 Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises;
Rom 9:5 Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen.

GOD has room for others:

Rom 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Eph 2:2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
Eph 2:3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.
Eph 2:4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
Eph 2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved)