Anyone Who Thinks Another Person Deserves To Be Raped Is A Knob

Status
Not open for further replies.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Speaking of "deserve."

Notice the qualifier he provided, which I highlighted? It makes a totally different point than you want him to have made.

thank you for noticing, musty :)

"play stupid games, win stupid prizes"

never heard that before - that's terrific! :darwinsm:

So it's YOU, with your typically shallow, emotion-driven thinking, who are wicked and evil for denying that fact.

outstanding! :first:

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
yes

by the definition of "deserve" as "earned by their actions"

a woman who goes alone to a frat party, strips naked and gives lap dances, takes any drugs handed her and drinks until she passes out has "earned by her actions" the consequences of that behavior, whether it includes rape, permanent brain damage or just a wicked hangover

in a similar manner, if i go to a gay bar wearing nothing but chaps, dance all night with the homos there and engage in all sorts of perverted behaviors that i won't go into here (and would rather not think about), take whatever drugs are offered me and drink myself unconscious, i will have...

earned by my actions

whatever the consequences of those actions are - whether it's permanent brain damage, rape or just a wicked hangover
There are consequences for our acts but being forcibly penetrated against your will is not a deserved consequence. It may be foreseeable, but making bad decisions does not, under any circumstances, give another person the right to rape.

Truster

The fact of the matter is simple. Does a sinner deserve to be punished. Can the Eternal Almighty use anything and everything at His disposal to punish the wicked.

Yes, yes and amen.

ok doser

... being forcibly penetrated against your will is not a deserved consequence.

i understand that this is a popular viewpoint, and I believe it comes from emotion and not reason

can you explain why you believe that "being forcibly penetrated against your will is not a deserved consequence", especially when you consider that God used raining down burning sulfur as a deserved consequence?

would you rather be "forcibly penetrated against your will" or have burning sulfur rained down on you?

making bad decisions does not, under any circumstances, give another person the right to rape.

nobody is claiming that it does :idunno:

Truster

Is it not a fact, that it is a general and accepted hope, that kiddy fiddlers will be raped in prison? Don't people tend to say that they will get their just reward?

bybee

Is it not a fact, that it is a general and accepted hope, that kiddy fiddlers will be raped in prison? Don't people tend to say that they will get their just reward?

Two wrongs do not make a right.
I caution myself, when vengeance enters my mind, that I do not wish to descend into the very depravity against which I am fighting.

bybee

i understand that this is a popular viewpoint, and I believe it comes from emotion and not reason

can you explain why you believe that "being forcibly penetrated against your will is not a deserved consequence", especially when you consider that God used raining down burning sulfur as a deserved consequence?

would you rather be "forcibly penetrated against your will" or have burning sulfur rained down on you?

nobody is claiming that it does :idunno:

If the Most High Lord of the universe decided to rain down sulphur upon me, I would deserve it!
Rape is not something that I, nor any other human, deserves.

Truster

Two wrongs do not make a right.
I caution myself, when vengeance enters my mind, that I do not wish to descend into the very depravity against which I am fighting.

I haven't said that two wrongs do not make a right, but most people believe that rape is a just reward for some people.

ok doser

I haven't said that two wrongs do not make a right, but most people believe that rape is a just reward for some people.

artie waffled on this when asked directly about child molesters getting raped in prison

imo, they have earned it by their actions

bybee

Imagine where that thinking might take us? First off it is situation ethics in practice. Anyone of us may decide what we think is a just punishment for the behavior of another?

kmoney

Hall of Fame
If the Most High Lord of the universe decided to rain down sulphur upon me, I would deserve it!
Rape is not something that I, nor any other human, deserves.

Right! There is no way to compare rape to God's punishment. God raining fire down on Sodom and Gomorrah is not the same as a creep raping a girl, regardless of what she was doing at the time.

ok doser

Would that include the rape of babies? little boys? men and women as well as corpses?

why is it that you and artie read

"likewise, I would say that certain circumstances exist in which a woman deserves to be raped, in that she had earned it by her actions"

as

"all women and children and corpses deserve to be raped, including women who bare a toenail"?

what's the disconnect here?

ok doser

Right! There is no way to compare rape to God's punishment. God raining fire down on Sodom and Gomorrah is not the same as a creep raping a girl, regardless of what she was doing at the time.

would you rather be violated against your will or have burning sulfur rained down on you?

bybee

All judgement and the means of punishment are at the disposal of the Almighty.

Indeed and agreed! "Judgment is mine saith the Lord" and "Judge not lest ye be so judged"!
These two direct commands from the Most High Lord of the universe keeps me from presuming to believe that I get to mete out punishment. That is a job for which I am not equipped nor need I be.
I have also been commanded to be a good neighbor and turn the other cheek. It takes all of my energy to keep working on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.