ECT Anti-ES is humanism

Jamie Gigliotti

We, by our new birth; new born love TO Him, are given to transform ourselves by the continual "renewing of our mind" per Rom.12:2 that, in His timing, have been made ready for His "visitation" for any occasion set in Him predestined for us to fulfill [John 17:21-23 KJV]. Because we have chosen wisely, He is able to empower us; trust us with handling His glory . . All this by our freewill in trusting Him by our new birth which is the beginning of our life's journey Home; the END of God's will for us.. .

To Jamie,

Dazed can :chuckle: all she wants but, she can't hide her distain for those who Love God.

Her whole 'schpeal' is a lie from the pit designed to move us away from Jesus:

"Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus write; . . . . . . I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil: and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars: And hast borne, and hast patience, and for my name's sake hast laboured, and hast not fainted. Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love." Revelation 2:1-4 (KJV)

Note the efforts expended by the Christians at Ephesus, their "works", their "Labors", their "patience" . . . while always retaining the freewill to leave their way in the Lord.

This should suffice for any rational thinker to conclude the preciousness of the command of Jesus to "Love God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength". The result of this one, all encompassing great commandment is, God gives us the capacity to love others. He gives us His sustaining Life.

It's the fear of failure that wants to remove our responsibility, our free will. Trusting Him is an act of the will and it needs to be continous choice, no a one moment in time deal.

Man's effort on their own was condemned by Paul, never mans effort to trust Jesus.

glorydaz

You are contradicting yourself. Relying on Him, trusting is something we do by freewill. It is praying, worshipping, feeding on His word. He gets the glory because He convicts and empowers, we get the reward because we choose to. He wants lovers of Himself, freely chosen.

Cool. You can boast of relying on Him, and trusting Him if you want. I won't. My reliance on Him has come because of His faithfulness when I was powerless. My trust in the Lord came when I believed. I don't have to work on trusting Him, just as I don't have to work on loving Him....nothing for me to choose in doing either. I won't boast in the doing of what I've been given.

I was bought when I believed, and He set about conforming me into the image of the Son. I see no contradiction there.

Cross Reference

It's the fear of failure that wants to remove our responsibility, our free will. Trusting Him is an act of the will and it needs to be continous choice, no a one moment in time deal.

Thanks

Correct and more with regards trusting because it goes beyond the issue of our salvation but for trusting for the outcome of issues set in the furtheancer of the purposes of God.

Man's effort on their own was condemned by Paul, never mans effort to trust Jesus.

Man's effort in what regard?

Cross Reference

Cool. You can boast of relying on Him, and trusting Him if you want. I won't. My reliance on Him has come because of His faithfulness when I was powerless. My trust in the Lord came when I believed. I don't have to work on trusting Him, just as I don't have to work on loving Him....nothing for me to choose in doing either. I won't boast in the doing of what I've been given.

I was bought when I believed, and He set about conforming me into the image of the Son. I see no contradiction there.

You don't have a clue, Dazed, not a clue.

Jamie Gigliotti

What loving, trust growing, intimacy growing relationship is not done willingly? It takes the efforts of two willing parties. Ours with God is only through the blood reconcilling work of the Cross, by grace. No man can boast. But in know does the arrangement remove the responsiblities God places on us to cultivate our relationship with Him; sowing to His Spirit. (Galatians 6:8)

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Correct. We are not sealed by believing. Thus, we cannot be "unsealed" by not believing.

If one is sealed then one will continue to believe because God has tested them in the fire.

Mal 3:3 And he shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver: and he shall purify the sons of Levi, and purge them as gold and silver, that they may offer unto the LORD an offering in righteousness.

However many who claim to be sealed, never were.

They only presume to be.

LA