anna's SPOTD - zoo's thread: Absent fathers

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I'm from a broken family. When I was a kid, my dad wasn't around.

Children with absent fathers are more likely to have emotional and behavioral problems, more likely to be criminals, more likely to be in poverty, the list goes on.

Fortunately for me, even though my real dad didn't fulfill his role as a father and as a husband, I had other role models fill the space he left behind.

And my dad's a good guy and he gave me love when I saw him and he'd always say he wished he could be with me more and so forth; the time we spent together was usually great. But his not being there as a father left a big hole. I can't deny it. And even though we're friends and I love him, a part of me still hates him for not being there with me. He wasn't there.

What do you folks think? Did you have an absent father? How did it effect you?

zoo's thread has generated some of the most inspiring posts by TOLers here that I've seen in a long time.

Thank you zoo, for sharing your story and for starting this thread that has allowed so many to share their childhood experiences growing up in broken homes, and to tell us about the important people in their lives who stood in the gap for them in ways they've never forgotten.

Thank you to everyone who posted (positive, non-insulting, non-divisive posts), and may you all be blessed in the telling, and may the readers of zoo's thread be blessed in the reading of it.

Last edited:

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Good choice anna! :thumb: I enjoyed reading through it until it started filling up with troll posts.

bybee

zoo's thread has generated some of the most inspiring posts by TOLers here that I've seen in a long time.

Thank you zoo, for sharing your story and for starting this thread that has allowed so many to share their childhood experiences growing up in broken homes, and to tell us about the important people in their lives who stood in the gap for them in ways they've never forgotten.

Thank you to everyone who posted (positive, non-insulting, non-divisive posts), and may you all be blessed in the telling, and may the readers of zoo's thread be blessed in the reading of it.

I agree!

bybee

I didn't even notice this... I really appreciate that. Nice. Thank you. :)

This is a good thread!
It has promoted some heartfelt sharing and nurturing amongst many of our regular posters.
I try to provide a viewpoint of life from a senior citizen who has come through her share of trials and tribulations along with many blessings as well.
I still love the gift of my life!
I love this good earth!
God has blessed me with an artists eye to appreciate beauty from a flowering weed to the Rose Garden in the Arboretum!
We are a motley crew most of us doing our best to support one another in a caring atmosphere.
I have developed a deep affection for those of you I call friend on here.

Wile E. Coyote

No wonder you're so wise and calm. Things take on a whole new perspective the older we get. Blessing to you, Bybee. :)
Hi Glory dear, my favorite sis!
connie_07.gif