ECT AND WHAT HAPPENED TO THESE PEOPLE ??

SStyles

I haven't read all the replies but have spent quite a bit of time in this particular chapter (Acts 6) in how it relates to today's church and the growing trend of multicultural churches.

In the beginning of the chapter, it talks about what let to the spreading of the gospel and growing of many disciples.

The model was for the leaders with power and authority to listen to those who were marginalized and speaking up about unfair treatment. They actually listened and believed them, then appointed leaders from the marginalized community to take over the ministry to the widows.

This was a powerful model in building church unity and spreading the gospel.

Do we expect marginalized communities to come to us, submit to our authority and take what they get or do we put them in a place of honor, listen to the needs of their community and see to it that they are provided through the church?

As we talk about cutting government funding of programs and the churches increased role in meeting the needs of the widows, the fatherless and the least of these, Acts 6 is a great model and shows a powerful result.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Interplanner

I think part of this response belongs here instead of the other thread this was posted in. Apologies for the duplicate post.

Still waiting for an answer to this.

Is the Body of Christ a nation?

Does this sound like Paul is talking to the same group of people that Peter is talking to?

Therefore remember that you, once Gentiles in the flesh—who are called Uncircumcision by what is called the Circumcision made in the flesh by hands—that at that time you were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope and without God in the world.But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ. - Ephesians 2:11-13 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ephesians2:11-13&version=NKJV

When is the last time you read through Ephesians? It's quite clear that Paul isn't talking to Israel.

I think you need to reread Ephesians. Get an overview of what it's saying, and then try to make that argument.

INTERPLANNER!

What is the full title of Hebrews?

Interplanner!

What does this verse say?

“Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah— - Jeremiah 31:31 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Jeremiah31:31&version=NKJV

What does this passage say?

For if that first covenant had been faultless, then no place would have been sought for a second.Because finding fault with them, He says: “Behold, the days are coming, says the L ord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah — - Hebrews 8:7-8 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Hebrews8:7-8&version=NKJV

IP!

Only if you reject what scripture says.

What is that even supposed to mean?

I didn't see the reference to Ephesians until now. What you are saying doesn't stand a chance in Ephesians.

re the nation thing. someone here thinks Mt 21's nation is...a nation. 'ethne' is not a geographic or geo-political term. it is race/ethnicity/people. He meant the new people in Christ. He did not mean Israel nor just a remnant only of Israel. The NT never does.

Interplanner

I think part of this response belongs here instead of the other thread this was posted in. Apologies for the duplicate post.

Still waiting for an answer to this.

Does this sound like Paul is talking to the same group of people that Peter is talking to?

Therefore remember that you, once Gentiles in the flesh—who are called Uncircumcision by what is called the Circumcision made in the flesh by hands—that at that time you were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope and without God in the world.But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ. - Ephesians 2:11-13 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ephesians2:11-13&version=NKJV

When is the last time you read through Ephesians? It's quite clear that Paul isn't talking to Israel.

I think you need to reread Ephesians. Get an overview of what it's saying, and then try to make that argument.

INTERPLANNER!

Interplanner!

What does this verse say?

“Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah— - Jeremiah 31:31 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Jeremiah31:31&version=NKJV

What does this passage say?

For if that first covenant had been faultless, then no place would have been sought for a second.Because finding fault with them, He says: “Behold, the days are coming, says the L ord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah — - Hebrews 8:7-8 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Hebrews8:7-8&version=NKJV

IP!

Only if you reject what scripture says.

What is that even supposed to mean?

re shadow vs reality. No one supposedly handling the NT should claim to do so who does not know that we have moved the shadow of Judaism (and things like it) to the reality who is Christ. It's core to hebrews and is in Col 2 and Gal 4 (but as child-to-adult there).

SaulToPaul 2

I didn't see the reference to Ephesians until now. What you are saying doesn't stand a chance in Ephesians.

re the nation thing. someone here thinks Mt 21's nation is...a nation. 'ethne' is not a geographic or geo-political term. it is race/ethnicity/people. He meant the new people in Christ. He did not mean Israel nor just a remnant only of Israel. The NT never does.

Look. The LORD came to his own. Some of them believed. They were all Jews and they were the new nation.
This is not difficult.

DAN P

Hi and what does ETHNOS means in John 11:48 mean " and the Romans shall come and take away both our PLACE and NATION " here mean ??

#1 , Take away out PLACE and ETHNOS / GENTILES ?

#2 , Or does it mean " take away our PLACE and JEWISH NATION ??

#3 Or does it means " take away out PLACE and ETHNOS / GENTILES AWAY " ??

dan p

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Hi and whsat does ETHNOS means in John 11:48 mean < " and the Romans shall come and take away both our PLACE and NATION " here mean ??

#1 , Take away out PLACE and ETHNOS / GENTILES ?

#2 , Or does it mean " take away our PLACR and JEISH NATION ??

#3 Or does it means " take away out PLACE and ETHNOS / GENTILES AWAY " ??

dan p
Hey Dan, could you do me a favor and slow down when you type? You tend to make a lot of spelling errors, and I think that would help. Cheers!