ECT AND WHAT HAPPENED TO THESE PEOPLE ??

Interplanner

The body of Christ has NO priesthood. Your ideas about Paul using the term "temple" to include a priesthood show your vain imaginations.

It has Christ as the High Priest (Hebrews), and the rest of us are seen as priests/ministers. Ie, the priesthood of believers, as the Reformation said. Christ is the temple, and we are living sacrifices each day. We are Peter's kingdom of priests.

There is no separating or compartmentalizing Hebrews even if we don't have the background of 1st century Jews, who were a sign and parable to the nations anyway.

SaulToPaul 2

It has Christ as the High Priest (Hebrews), and the rest of us are seen as priests/ministers. Ie, the priesthood of believers, as the Reformation said. Christ is the temple, and we are living sacrifices each day. We are Peter's kingdom of priests.

There is no separating or compartmentalizing Hebrews even if we don't have the background of 1st century Jews, who were a sign and parable to the nations anyway.

100% made up.
Put down the commentaries.

Right Divider

Body part
Hilariously stupid!

Is there no end to your crazy inventions?

SaulToPaul 2

Heb 9:15 (KJV)

Once and for all, tell us when you were EVER under the first covenant?

DAN P

You need to find a good biblical church, with a respected and educated Pastor and Elders, and get properly educated in theology proper.

Hi and I am very well grounded as you will never refute my post and are AVOIDING 2 Cor 3:13-16 and Luke 13:6-9 , and shows that you are very CALLOW !!

dan p

Interplanner

The body of Christ has NO priesthood. Your ideas about Paul using the term "temple" to include a priesthood shows your vain imaginations.

Would a Jewish person with his background envision a temple without a priest? Nope.

Stop cramming the Bible into D'ist categories that are irrational.

Interplanner

Hilariously stupid!

Is there no end to your crazy inventions?

So now Hebrews is stupid? heb 10:21?

What is stupid is to take all the wonderful things of hebrews which overlap with countless other passages and say these are just for Jewish Christians, or them during a certain time period! That's what is ridiculous.

The Reformation doctrine of the priesthood of all believers was meant to put the ministry in their hands, not just professionals. With it sits justification by Christ and sola Scriptura.

Peter refers to our priesthood, in 2:5. Btw, the Rev did too, in 1:6.

Israel as a parable/byword/example/object of ridicule to other nations:

Bible search results
Deuteronomy 28:37
You will become a thing of horror, a byword and an object of ridicule among all the peoples where the Lord will drive you.
In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations
1 Kings 9:7
then I will cut off Israel from the land I have given them and will reject this temple I have consecrated for my Name. Israel will then become a byword and an object of ridicule among all peoples.
2 Chronicles 7:20
then I will uproot Israel from my land, which I have given them, and will reject this temple I have consecrated for my Name. I will make it a byword and an object of ridicule among all peoples.
Job 17:6
“God has made me a byword to everyone, a man in whose face people spit.
Job 30:9
“And now those young men mock me in song; I have become a byword among them.
Psalm 44:14
You have made us a byword among the nations; the peoples shake their heads at us.
Jeremiah 24:9
I will make them abhorrent and an offense to all the kingdoms of the earth, a reproach and a byword, a curse and an object of ridicule, wherever I banish them.
Ezekiel 14:8
I will set my face against them and make them an example and a byword. I will remove them from my people. Then you will know that I am the Lord.
Ezekiel 23:10
They stripped her naked, took away her sons and daughters and killed her with the sword. She became a byword among women, and punishment was inflicted on her.
Joel 2:17
Let the priests, who minister before the Lord, weep between the portico and the altar. Let them say, “Spare your people, Lord. Do not make your inheritance an object of scorn, a byword among the nations. Why should they say among the peoples, ‘Where is their God?’”

Interplanner

• Perhaps his NIV does not have that verse.
  • Or they botched it so badly that it says something else...

Not everyone was under the 1st, but it still applies, as found in Gal 4 about the child-trainer. it still has that function. The 2nd covenant, Christ, is for all mankind who believe. enjoy it. Your ignorance can't take it away from me. I hope you will enjoy it and minister for it.

Many religions, even Christian practices, have a way of impounding people under 1st covenant-type thinking.

You are beginners and amateurs.

SaulToPaul 2

Not everyone was under the 1st, but it still applies, as found in Gal 4 about the child-trainer. it still has that function. The 2nd covenant, Christ, is for all mankind who believe. enjoy it. Your ignorance can't take it away from me. I hope you will enjoy it and minister for it.

Many religions, even Christian practices, have a way of impounding people under 1st covenant-type thinking.

Did Christ die ONLY for those sins under the first covenant? Heb 9:15 (KJV)
You were never under it.

Right Divider

Body part
You opinions hold no weight. You have proven to be a scripture perverter and not a Bible believer.

Who cares?

And you are less than that.

Right Divider

Body part
So now Hebrews is stupid?
This reminds me of talking to my children when they were 4 years old.

heb 10:21?
No, Hebrews is not stupid.... you are.

The priesthood is COMPLETELY absence from the Pauline epistles and there is a REASON for that. But your fairy tale does not allow truth.

What is stupid is to take all the wonderful things of hebrews which overlap with countless other passages and say these are just for Jewish Christians, or them during a certain time period! That's what is ridiculous.
Yes, the "countless other passages" are from the Hebrew apostles and the prophets of Israel!

Your fixation on cancellation has you completely off the rails.

The Reformation doctrine of the priesthood of all believers was meant to put the ministry in their hands, not just professionals. With it sits justification by Christ and sola Scriptura.
I don't care what "the Reformation doctrine" says regarding THEIR confusion about Israel and the body of Christ.

Peter refers to our priesthood, in 2:5. Btw, the Rev did too, in 1:6.
  • Peter is a member of the nation of Israel. The ones that are SUPPOSED to be a kingdom of priests and a holy NATION.
  • Revelation is ALL about Israel and THEIR things.

Israel as a parable/byword/example/object of ridicule to other nations:

Bible search results
Deuteronomy 28:37
You will become a thing of horror, a byword and an object of ridicule among all the peoples where the Lord will drive you.
1 Kings 9:7
then I will cut off Israel from the land I have given them and will reject this temple I have consecrated for my Name. Israel will then become a byword and an object of ridicule among all peoples.
2 Chronicles 7:20
then I will uproot Israel from my land, which I have given them, and will reject this temple I have consecrated for my Name. I will make it a byword and an object of ridicule among all peoples.
Job 17:6
“God has made me a byword to everyone, a man in whose face people spit.
Job 30:9
“And now those young men mock me in song; I have become a byword among them.
Psalm 44:14
You have made us a byword among the nations; the peoples shake their heads at us.
Jeremiah 24:9
I will make them abhorrent and an offense to all the kingdoms of the earth, a reproach and a byword, a curse and an object of ridicule, wherever I banish them.
Ezekiel 14:8
I will set my face against them and make them an example and a byword. I will remove them from my people. Then you will know that I am the Lord.
Ezekiel 23:10
They stripped her naked, took away her sons and daughters and killed her with the sword. She became a byword among women, and punishment was inflicted on her.
Joel 2:17
Let the priests, who minister before the Lord, weep between the portico and the altar. Let them say, “Spare your people, Lord. Do not make your inheritance an object of scorn, a byword among the nations. Why should they say among the peoples, ‘Where is their God?’”
You continue to stoop to lying and deceiving.

Israel is God's chosen people on the earth and will be restored, just like Romans 11:15 says.

During the dispensation of the grace of God they have no special position with God, but He has declared that He will restore them in due time.

Right after the LORD declare His new covenant:

Jer 31:35-37 (AKJV/PCE)
(31:35) ¶ Thus saith the LORD, which giveth the sun for a light by day, [and] the ordinances of the moon and of the stars for a light by night, which divideth the sea when the waves thereof roar; The LORD of hosts [is] his name: (31:36) If those ordinances depart from before me, saith the LORD, [then] the seed of Israel also shall cease from being a nation before me for ever. (31:37) Thus saith the LORD; If heaven above can be measured, and the foundations of the earth searched out beneath, I will also cast off all the seed of Israel for all that they have done, saith the LORD.

Hint: They cannot be measured or searched out.

Interplanner

This reminds me of talking to my children when they were 4 years old.

No, Hebrews is not stupid.... you are.

The priesthood is COMPLETELY absence from the Pauline epistles and there is a REASON for that. But your fairy tale does not allow truth.

Yes, the "countless other passages" are from the Hebrew apostles and the prophets of Israel!

Your fixation on cancellation has you completely off the rails.

I don't care what "the Reformation doctrine" says regarding THEIR confusion about Israel and the body of Christ.

• Peter is a member of the nation of Israel. The ones that are SUPPOSED to be a kingdom of priests and a holy NATION.
  • Revelation is ALL about Israel and THEIR things.

You continue to stoop to lying and deceiving.

Israel is God's chosen people on the earth and will be restored, just like Romans 11:15 says.

During the dispensation of the grace of God they have no special position with God, but He has declared that He will restore them in due time.

Right after the LORD declare His new covenant:

Jer 31:35-37 (AKJV/PCE)
(31:35) ¶ Thus saith the LORD, which giveth the sun for a light by day, [and] the ordinances of the moon and of the stars for a light by night, which divideth the sea when the waves thereof roar; The LORD of hosts [is] his name: (31:36) If those ordinances depart from before me, saith the LORD, [then] the seed of Israel also shall cease from being a nation before me for ever. (31:37) Thus saith the LORD; If heaven above can be measured, and the foundations of the earth searched out beneath, I will also cast off all the seed of Israel for all that they have done, saith the LORD.

Hint: They cannot be measured or searched out.

I know all these passages and the NT says the Seed is Christ. That's how God keeps his word, is through Christ.

You have an elementary understanding of the Bible.

The whole point of Gal 3 is that that Seed was Christ, everything transacts through Christ, and this is why there is no renewed or acknowledged promise (or need for clarification) about that race being in that land at any specific time.

That is why Hebrews does not renew or acknowledge that. Instead we have come to a heavenly city and the angels and past believers etc, and when this world is destroyed, we have that as an eternal possession. There is no 'land of Israel' temporary interloped episode before that.

The 8 or so passages were saying that the outcome of Israel would be a sign to the nations of the assured wrath of God on those who do not believe.

You just called them "stooping" and "deception"; good for you. You are entirely ignorant of what is going on.

Right Divider

Body part
I know all these passages and the NT says the Seed is Christ. That's how God keeps his word, is through Christ.

You have an elementary understanding of the Bible.

The whole point of Gal 3 is that that Seed was Christ, everything transacts through Christ, and this is why there is no renewed or acknowledged promise (or need for clarification) about that race being in that land at any specific time.

That is why Hebrews does not renew or acknowledge that. Instead we have come to a heavenly city and the angels and past believers etc, and when this world is destroyed, we have that as an eternal possession. There is no 'land of Israel' temporary interloped episode before that.

The 8 or so passages were saying that the outcome of Israel would be a sign to the nations of the assured wrath of God on those who do not believe.

You just called them "stooping" and "deception"; good for you. You are entirely ignorant of what is going on.
You are a classic case of an illogical deceiver.

The "seed" in those TWO places are NOT in the same CONTEXT. You cannot FORCE the meaning of Galatians on the ENTIRE rest of the Bible.

Gen 13:14-17 (AKJV/PCE)
(13:14) ¶ And the LORD said unto Abram, after that Lot was separated from him, Lift up now thine eyes, and look from the place where thou art northward, and southward, and eastward, and westward: (13:15) For all the land which thou seest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed for ever. (13:16) And I will make thy seed as the dust of the earth: so that if a man can number the dust of the earth, [then] shall thy seed also be numbered. (13:17) Arise, walk through the land in the length of it and in the breadth of it; for I will give it unto thee.

You are one that is in disbelief!

Interplanner

You are a classic case of an illogical deceiver.

The "seed" in those TWO places are NOT in the same CONTEXT. You cannot FORCE the meaning of Galatians on the ENTIRE rest of the Bible.

Gen 13:14-17 (AKJV/PCE)
(13:14) ¶ And the LORD said unto Abram, after that Lot was separated from him, Lift up now thine eyes, and look from the place where thou art northward, and southward, and eastward, and westward: (13:15) For all the land which thou seest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed for ever. (13:16) And I will make thy seed as the dust of the earth: so that if a man can number the dust of the earth, [then] shall thy seed also be numbered. (13:17) Arise, walk through the land in the length of it and in the breadth of it; for I will give it unto thee.

You are one that is in disbelief!

The meaning of the Seed in Galatians is how the thing is to be viewed and resolved. That's why Paul also grappled with the huge issue of whether Judaism replaced the Promise with the Law in 3:17. They had. They stand or fall together. The Seed is Christ is what makes the mission to the nations succeed. But when you say the seed is the race/DNA/descendants, you get tangled up in them being in the land with their worship system and temple.

You are a stepchild of Judaism and need to stop talking until you have sorted out whose side you are on.