ECT And now MAD says the prophets did not know of grace coming

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I'm not the smartest guy in the world, but I'm not stupid either.

I follow and understand 99% of the posts on TOL.

But, I only understand about 20% of IP's posts.

Am I the only one? :idunno:

Evidently, you're smarter than I. I can only interpret about 2% of his posts. Even then, I'm uncertain about the 2% I THINK I understand. We'll just have to take Danoh's word that he is able to decipher 100% of Inter's posts. I would assume "Mensa" is pursuing Danoh as a member.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The problem lies within an individual posters ability to articulate their thoughts in a meaningful and understandable way. That's why it's so important not to"talk down to posters" in a condescending way. In other words, use language (words and sentences) that the majority of your audience can understand.

That is the better part of wisdom.

musterion

I'm not the smartest guy in the world, but I'm not stupid either.

I follow and understand 99% of the posts on TOL.

But, I only understand about 20% of IP's posts.

Am I the only one? :idunno:

Nope.

Only thing that works for me is to remember he always ends up never wanting the open discussion you would think his many threads invite.

Interplanner

No.

You do not "get it."

Be it one, or two, or three, or however many...

But you would have to say that. As soon as you remove the new covenant from all Christians, you have to come up with a scheme that divides the NT Gospel over and over and over. I get THAT. i'm not going to bother getting MAD or any thing like it for which I find no constructive purpose.

The really amateur thing here is that they are saying the new covenant is land and temple stuff for Israel while the text says it is the work of the Spirit and the Gospel in forgiveness and righteousness! Likewise they say that Hebrews is just for Jewish Christians, yet it has the most complete remarks about the Jerusalem above, the kingdom that can't be shaken, etc, when compared, for ex., to Gal 4.

Interplanner

One verse sends you back to the drawing board.
Hebrews 8:8 (KJV).

You aren't included.

BTW, the NT quite freely quotes verses like 8:8 with their Judah names about all mankind. 2P2Ps don't like this so when they see 'near' and 'far off' or 'not a people / now a people' they have to change it to an intra-Israel problem, against the context and intent of Paul.

But of course it's me the meany who 'twists' things.

Interplanner

Nope.

Only thing that works for me is to remember he always ends up never wanting the open discussion you would think his many threads invite.

You are CONSTANTLY asked to comment on exact passages and you seldom do. Therefore "never wanting" = never subscribing to D'ist 2P2Pism. You spend all your comments on 'stylistic' remarks because no one in your circle makes you think or challenges you. You don't know how to explain your beliefs; I do.

Interplanner

The statement below, not the last few posts on styles of writing etc is the question we are working on:

Where is the list of people Paul excluded from the new covenant over in 2 cor 3-5? Nada. Oh, now your 2P2P wiring is going to tell me that the new covenant in Matt, in 2 Cor and here are three different ones, I get it!

Interplanner

:chuckle:

Poor IP

Why? You are impoverishing yourself. Can you actually not see the contradiction here you live in? Hebrews has always been a great blessing to me about what is provided in our salvation. You think it only benefits Jewish Christians. Even if its the same money for both.

SaulToPaul 2

Why? You are impoverishing yourself. Can you actually not see the contradiction here you live in? Hebrews has always been a great blessing to me about what is provided in our salvation. You think it only benefits Jewish Christians. Even if its the same money for both.

Hardly.

Same cross, same blood, same Christ, different people, different inheritance, different purpose.

Do not make them the same, taking Glory from God.

SaulToPaul 2

The statement below, not the last few posts on styles of writing etc is the question we are working on:

Where is the list of people Paul excluded from the new covenant over in 2 cor 3-5? Nada. Oh, now your 2P2P wiring is going to tell me that the new covenant in Matt, in 2 Cor and here are three different ones, I get it!

What is the spirit of the new testament, according to Paul in 2 Cor?

Danoh

Evidently, you're smarter than I. I can only interpret about 2% of his posts. Even then, I'm uncertain about the 2% I THINK I understand. We'll just have to take Danoh's word that he is able to decipher 100% of Inter's posts. I would assume "Mensa" is pursuing Danoh as a member.

You already know that I at times relate a conclusion on one thing or another that differs from others.

You are presently using that Columbo avatar.

A tv character based on how actual homicide detectives detect...

Through looking for recurring patterns.

That is all I am doing when I read ANYONE'S words.

I have often shared that that is all I am doing.

It has always been ignored.

Not my fault it has always been ignored.

You can either consider appyling that kind of detection, or not.

Or you can simply remain at reading into another's words and having to guess what demonination they are, or whatever.

Either choice is on you.

As is the result of either choice.

Until then, you'll have to look elsewhere for someone to apologize to you for their results through this simple way of picking up on another's actually intended sense through recurrent patterns :chuckle:

All I am doing is making a much more fuller use of The Things That Differ Principle.

Danoh

:chuckle:

That's rich; you are one of the clearest posters on your views in all of TOL.

Simple, yet far and away more often than not - right to your intended point.

In contrast to his and my long wind.

Each strength in some area being a weakness in another, and each weakness in one area, being a strength in another.

Interplanner

What is the spirit of the new testament, according to Paul in 2 Cor?

Antiquated terms. He was talking about the old vs new covenants. Testaments are the two sections of a Bible; he only knew of one.

The spirit of the new covenant, if you were asking, is the reconciliation of all men to God because God was in Christ reconciling the debt of man's sin in Christ. That is the new creation. The old was condemnation.

Your question does sound like you maybe didn't know at all.

Since you asked broader than 3-5, I would have to include that next thing he spends time on (measured in terms of chapters) is the impostor apostles, or his true authority in light of them. The Judaizers continued to hound him; they were ministers of the old covenant, so they didn't know any better. They concocted other Gospels, spirits and Jesuses than what Paul preached. Wow, where did that come from?! Other gospels!!