ECT An interesting contrast

musterion

There's not much taught by the Acts 28 folks that I agree with, but I always give credit to anyone who makes a good point.

There is a delightful contrast between our Lord, the Servant of the Circumcision (Romans 15:8) and Paul, His minister for the nations (Romans 15:6). Christ was a carpenter, Who built permanent habitations on earth, since the Circumcision, to whom He ministered, will have their eonian dwellings on the earth. Paul was a tent maker, for those to whom he was sent have no allotment down here, but are merely camping, waiting for their eonian dwelling in the heaven.

A. E. Knoch (1874-1965)
Concordant Commentary

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The basic point...Israel, earthly/Body, heavenly.

Good point, and is Jesus the King of Israel?

One of his last statements recorded by John is, "I, Jesus, have sent My angel to testify to you these things in the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, the Bright and Morning Star."

Is David part of this heavenly body?

Danoh

Good point, and is Jesus the King of Israel?

One of his last statements recorded by John is, "I, Jesus, have sent My angel to testify to you these things in the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, the Bright and Morning Star."

Is David part of this heavenly body?

The answer is obvious in that passage's very words...no.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The answer is obvious in that passage's very words...no.

Scripture reveals Jesus (Savior) is the Christ (King) of Israel. He is the offspring of David, a former king of Israel.

How do you not know this? :idunno:

Danoh

Scripture reveals Jesus (Savior) is the Christ (King) of Israel. He is the offspring of David, a former king of Israel.

How do you not know this? :idunno:

Here's a curve ball for you to have to attempt to solve for...

The book of Revelation is about and mentions that mystery in connection with Israel that Daniel had Prophesied.

In contrast to Paul's Unprophesied...Body Mystery.

Your mission, should you choose to accept it...is to solve for that :chuckle: