An Apology!

bybee

I wish to apologize for comments I have made in anger that may have been offensive. The comments I have made do not at all reflect my actual behavior or beliefs in real life.
I have allowed myself to run off at the mouth in anger and I am ashamed of myself.
This will not happen again.

Quetzal

I wish to apologize for comments I have made in anger that may have been offensive. The comments I have made do not at all reflect my actual behavior or beliefs in real life.
I have allowed myself to run off at the mouth in anger and I am ashamed of myself.
I appreciate it. It can get heated sometimes, for sure.

Granite

Hall of Fame

What did you mean by "soot bunny," assuming this is the language you're apologizing for?

bybee

What did you mean by "soot bunny," assuming this is the language you're apologizing for?

The opposite of "white flake" was my intent.
I am apologizing for the whole thread. It was constructed in anger and I should know better. I am apologizing for my sophomoric behavior.

Granite

Hall of Fame
So you misunderstood what someone said and used what appears to be racially charged language in response.

Granite

Hall of Fame
What was your understanding of the words "snow flakes"?

Made me think of a line from Fight Club: "You are not a beautiful and unique snow flake." Quetzal's usage was pretty easy to understand: Delicate self-centered prigs who think the world revolves around them. Which made bybee's retort so uncalled for and bizarre and distasteful.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Made me think of a line from Fight Club: "You are not a beautiful and unique snow flake." Quetzal's usage was pretty easy to understand: Delicate self-centered prigs who think the world revolves around them. Which made bybee's retort so uncalled for and bizarre and distasteful.
Well, let's not be ignorant to the fact that it can also mean ....

snowflake
A derogatory term for a white person.

bybee

I did not understand it. I had never heard the term before.
And I have apologized for it.
What more would you like me to do?

Quetzal

Well, let's not be ignorant to the fact that it can also mean ....

snowflake
A derogatory term for a white person.
It can, but it didn't with the context of the rest of the sentence. Don't be purposefully dense for the sake of creating another argument.

Quetzal

I took it that way when I first read it.
I would imagine that were others that took it that way too.

It happens.
Really? Are you so jaded you took it as a racial attack because of the word snowflake? I better not tell you what my favorite soup topping is, then. (It's a saltine cracker, by the way.)

PureX

My guess is that it will happen again, and that you are already forgiven. ;)