Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Re: American Idol

Originally posted by Knight
So now that Kimberly is gone who is it gonna be?
Oh no!!! Kimberly's gone?? NO, not Kimberly!!!

I never watch this show btw..who is Kimberly?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Re: Re: American Idol

Re: Re: American Idol

Originally posted by Poly
Oh no!!! Kimberly's gone?? NO, not Kimberly!!!

I never watch this show btw..who is Kimberly?
American Idol is sorta like Star Search mixed with Survivor.

Its actually kinda funny.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm ashamed to admit I watch that some. I like the early episodes with the auditions where everyone stinks. The farther along it goes, the less funny it gets.

So who does Clay more closely resemble? Peter Pan or Link?

lucybelle

TOL Princess
I went with Clay because in alphbetical order he would come first...yea...I've never watched it...so... I'm not the official voice of reason here...

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I watched it for the first time last week. And then I watched a tape of the auditions that were rejected and I laughed my butt off!

So.... its really not that bad a show.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The first season this one girl was complaining after her audition to the host: "Who are they to just sit up there and judge me."
Host: "Well, they are the judges."

She was speechless (finally).

Prisca

Pain Killer
Super Moderator
Okay, I admit it! My kids got me hooked at the end of last year's contest. This year we haven't missed a week. It's been fun trying to pick the best performances and getting to know the contestants. When we first saw Clay at the audition, we thought, "Oh brother! Who does this guy think he is!" That was until we heard him sing. It was really weird hearing such a great voice come out of such a nerdy looking guy.

I think one of the things I like about the show is that it isn't all about appearance, even though it is called American Idol. Who would have ever thought America would be voting for the three who made it the farthest? It certainly surprised me!

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I missed it tonight. But, from what I've seen of it, I like Clay better. :D

drRansom

Clay got hosed...

I tell 'ya, after the results last night, I think the whole thing was fixed! I have to admit to watching it the past few weeks and yes, both Clay & Ruben have amazing voices and talent, but Clay is clearly the most dominant.

So I ask this: Would it be a good public perception for this show to have the "Idol" winners two years straight be caucasian??? Probably not. Ahhh, affirmative action at it's finest....

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by drRansom
Clay got hosed...

I tell 'ya, after the results last night, I think the whole thing was fixed! I have to admit to watching it the past few weeks and yes, both Clay & Ruben have amazing voices and talent, but Clay is clearly the most dominant.

So I ask this: Would it be a good public perception for this show to have the "Idol" winners two years straight be caucasian??? Probably not. Ahhh, affirmative action at it's finest....
Oh... I dont know... I really thought both had a fair shot at victory.

lucybelle

TOL Princess
American...what?? Look...I'm a Christian... I don't worship idols...
Haven't you guys ever heard of the Ten Commandments??

GuardianDude

Originally posted by lucybelle
Good call...

I think I've watched a total of 2 episodes of this "American..." show over it's 2 seasons, and I didn't watch any of the actual "competitions" for various reasons:

1) It's like "Star Search", only the 'viewers' are the judges (and like Star Search, I think half of the thing is fixed anyway...)

2) The only enjoyable part of the show for me is the initial auditions. Simon may be cruel, but most times is humorous in his "brutal honesty".

3) The host: drives me NUTS!! It all reminds me waaaaaay too much of MTV (i.e. Viacom's flagship for whatever they think or have been paid to tell the youth of America is "cool"--, or i.e. a "load of corporate hooey").

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by lucybelle
uh... yea... right. :kookoo: