Ambiguity: Peter and Paul

Theo102

oh ok...hope we are making progress as this is foundational to Christendom

The issue remains unresolved as the East has the progression of the Spirit from the Father alone and the Romans have it from both the Father and the Son
The descriptions of spirit from the Tanak are not uniform. One could assume that it was the Holy Spirit that was present at Pentecost, but there are other descriptions. From the prophetic context of Zechariah 13 there is an unclean spirit, which relates to the three unclean spirits of Revelation 16:13.

The fire of Pentecost associates numerically with the gematria for the Hebrew name of the Spirit of Elohim, i.e. ruach elohim = 300 = fire.

And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried
Zechariah 13:9

clefty

The descriptions of spirit from the Tanak are not uniform. One could assume that it was the Holy Spirit that was present at Pentecost, but there are other descriptions. From the prophetic context of Zechariah 13 there is an unclean spirit, which relates to the three unclean spirits of Revelation 16:13.
so its an unclean spirit descending on that Pentecost?

The fire of Pentecost associates numerically with the gematria for the Hebrew name of the Spirit of Elohim, i.e. ruach elohim = 300 = fire.
right the immortal consuming fire of Yah which was counterfeited into eternal hell fire torment...

so?

And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried
Zechariah 13:9

ok...I don’t follow...it has been weeks and you never were clear on this topic anyway...

Theo102

so its an unclean spirit descending on that Pentecost?
Hard to say exactly what spirit it was.

But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
John 14:26

There's a disconnect between this verse and what Peter said at Pentecost, which wasn't about anything that the Messiah told Peter.

right the immortal consuming fire of Yah which was counterfeited into eternal hell fire torment...

Hellfire is a conflation of the ideas of sheol, gehenna, and tartarus. The fire of the burning bush of Exodus 3 wasn't about torment, it was a sign.

clefty

Hard to say exactly what spirit it was.
wait WUT? You can’t judge by their fruits? All this time we have difficulty saying which spirit is saying what? Maybe if you don’t know how to test the spirits it is hard for you to exactly say...but that is on you...

But feel free to elaborate why you suggest it might NOT by the Holy Spirit descending on that Pentecost...on a ekklesia continuing since the wilderness...ask poor Stephen...

But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
John 14:26

There's a disconnect between this verse and what Peter said at Pentecost, which wasn't about anything that the Messiah told Peter.

ok so from Paul we doubt Peter too? Or Luke his telling the tale? I mean it’s NOT like Peter had the 4 gospels written there in front of him...

but again...feel free to elaborate your reasoning for a “disconnect” between what Peter said anything the Messiah told him...

Hellfire is a conflation of the ideas of sheol, gehenna, and tartarus. The fire of the burning bush of Exodus 3 wasn't about torment, it was a sign.

Right...is why I said what I did...that He the Immortal consuming fire has been counterfeited into a tormenting eternal fire awaiting the lost...consuming fire means there is NOTHING left of that which is consumed...it is annihilated...not being tormented...