Alt-righter plows into crowd of anti-racists in Charlottesville

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
The difference is ... WoZ will not follow any candidate blindly and dismiss anything negative about the one he supported just ... because he likes him. He's objective and fair. Even when he disagrees with me, he is consistent and reasonable. No hypocrisy.

Example: You don't hear him screaming "FAKE NEWS"! Nor has he ever driveled insults my way based on the fact that I offer fair criticism towards Trump.
You offer fair criticism of Trump? You must be kidding

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Which you believe because:

Again, he says good things about Trump. That translates to your opinion. I'm not denigrating WoZ, I'm just noting that if he felt differently you would too, which is why your negatives are singularly reserved for those who share a low opinion of the president.

That's just how it is, nope notwithstanding. That or produce your admiration in the wake of a criticism. I'll wait while that literally never happens.

The scared bit was just an illustration of how far down that rabbit hole your rationality has disappeared on the point, PJ.
You can't say anything good about Trump, it's just not in you.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
You can't say anything good about Trump, it's just not in you.
It's not a thing that's "in" someone, PJ. It's about who a person is and how he presents. I didn't have anything good to say about either candidate for either party. I didn't want either of them to win because I thought they lacked character, were the worst sort of politics as usual, lately. All playground rhetoric and misdirection. From tax returns to Twitter he's done nothing to change my mind on the count.

It's not about what's in me. It's about what's coming out of him.

You [Rusha] offer fair criticism of Trump? You must be kidding
Who could offer criticism and you think it fair, PJ. But thank you for underlining my point while not producing anyone leveling any criticism that you found worthy.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
It's not a thing that's "in" someone, PJ. It's about who a person is and how he presents. I didn't have anything good to say about either candidate for either party. I didn't want either of them to win because I thought they lacked character, were the worst sort of politics as usual, lately. All playground rhetoric and misdirection. From tax returns to Twitter he's done nothing to change my mind on the count.

Who could offer criticism and you think it fair, PJ. But thank you for underlining my point while not producing anyone leveling any criticism that you found worthy.
I've said plenty of bad things about Trump, and I have agreed with fair criticism. I think you hold him to too high of a standard. You expect too much, you expect a polished politician. Try acting like you like him for a day and you might see some redeeming qualities in him. As it is, you are overzealous and unfair in your constant bad mouthing of Trump, by constant, I mean any chance you get. I saw it before the election too, you were easier on crooked Hillary

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Indeed. My dislike for Trump started when he treated his FIRST wife so shabbily. Then the comments he made about women, Mexicans, Blacks, the disabled. His fanning the flames of violence, willingness to defame, slander and right out lie (birtherism) ............... and
RUSSIA.

Everyone knows he colluded with Russia, but because he is their guy, they don't care. Also, his motive for running was never about America, but rather about sticking it to Obama. He is such a lowdown snake, he is willing to promote the death of Americans by sabotaging the ACA. He is a bullying sniveler and an embarrassment to our country.

Next time, I will try to be more forthcoming in how I view Putin's choice for POTUS.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I've said plenty of bad things about Trump,
Name two.

and I have agreed with fair criticism.
Who gets to decide what constitutes fair criticism?

I think you hold him to too high of a standard. You expect too much, you expect a polished politician.
No, it's not about polish, though it is about maturity, which has a way of reflecting on your point. And it's about character. I find him deficient in both particulars. In that he's not the first to be lacking. Sometimes a man missing one or both can even manage to do a good job in the particulars of the office. Typically, there's another quality or several that in sum overcome the important wants. Clinton comes to mind. The president should either embody our best in aspiration and appearance or in substance. Some have done one or the other. Few have had both in them. Eisenhower came close. Reagan too.

Try acting like you like him for a day and you might see some redeeming qualities in him.
When he won I hoped for him, if only for us. I believe his problem is his age and position. He's attempting to run the country the way he ran his empire, because that's his model for success and how he likes to approach life. It doesn't translate well to public service.

As it is, you are overzealous and unfair in your constant bad mouthing of Trump, by constant, I mean any chance you get.
No, I could write about him daily. He really is that Pez dispenser of goofery. The fact is that I don't hate Trump, don't have a vendetta against him, and don't take every chance I can to go after him. I'm just saddened that he's occupying the office in a time when I think more than ever we require strong moral character from the office, someone who can speak to every American and give them a sense of destiny that isn't predicated on defeating his neighbor. I think Reagan did that. I think Bill did it too. And the country responded, even if the parties hated and sniped after them...I think his message is of the wrong time, negative, divisive, and wrong headed.

I saw it before the election too, you were easier on crooked Hillary
That's just what you tell yourself to justify the rest, PJ. The unassailable fact in evidence is that I did my best to get people to refrain from supporting either and, as I said then, for about the same reason.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
He read the prompter well and without going too far off script? :chuckle:
Alright now. :chuckle:

No, I thought he did well this time around. He handed out supplies, served food to the hungry, comforted a few kids and made himself visible to people who could use the encouragement. It was a pleasant surprise. I'm not going to kick him when he gets it right.

He did what he should have done, what I'd expect a president to do. More of that, please.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Trump didn't need to 'show up' in TEXAS.
It was a mess and in chaos.
Trump had already been on the phone with Governor Abbot and assured him that anything TEXAS needed they would get.
But the media would have ripped Trump to shreds if he had not shown up.

Trump made the trip short and sweet, as to not take any more time and attention away from the rescues.

Kudos to Trump.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Not to mention that Trump pledged 1 million dollars of his own money to help the flood victims in TEXAS.

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
Too early to tell but it's a post on race by you so odds are...

So obviously, it's going to be stupid. Of course, of course. Because wrong-think obviously is solely because of stupidity, not for any other reason. :p

First and foremost I wasn't speaking to Trump with that, but noting a moral truth that needs to be advanced along with the recognition that violence should not be a part of political discourse in this country. That said, Trump's failure to do that coupled with his actual note was entirely an instrument of equivalency.

I will admit that I joined this party late.

But fine, let's stick to your original assertion:

There is no moral equivalence between peaceful nazis and peaceful protestors?

Upon what basis are you making this claim? I could supply you with any number of non-violent persons who hold to ideologies that are apparently consistent with, or otherwise endorse, violence.

The "punch a nazi" memes have been making their way on various social media, even by, I am sure, some people who have not themselves committed any acts of violence.

There are almost 2 billion muslims in the world, most of whom are not violence, even though their religion most certainly is not, pace George W. Bush, "a religion of peace."

Furthermore, Richard Spencer and the alt-right, so far as I'm aware, don't endorse violence at all. It is certainly true that the alt-right (who are not actually nazis) are in favor of a white ethnostate, but how is that qualitatively different from zionists who are in favor of a Jewish ethnostate (which actually exists, and which is actually violating international law and oppressing Palestinians, unlike the desired white ethnostate, which doesn't actually exist and oppresses nobody).

What precisely is it about these "most peace loving nazis" that somehow distinguishes them from other groups? Because they are "racist"? Ok. Then were you singing this tune when BLM activists on college campuses were demanding segregated dormitories? How about when identitarian leftists have been pushing a narrative that only white people can be racist? How about when a BLM activist refused to sell a white person a t-shirt solely because of the color of his skin? How about when an entire chapter of the BLM refused to allow white people to attend their meetings (though still encouraged them to donate money)?

White identitarianism is simply the logical conclusion of the left-wing identity politics and the demonization of and outright racism against white people that has become rampant in this country in the last few years.

Why do so-called Nazis deserve our distinctive moral outrage, but not the Black Panthers (which Dr. Cornell West, to his credit, opted not to join, due to his Christian beliefs)?

The simple fact is that, however much you may dislike the ideas of Richard Spencer, his ideas are much more peaceful than many of his identitarian leftist counter-parts. I don't remember you raising an objection when minorities demanded a safe space. Why do you now object when white people demand one?

All. That's why they use the black/red flag. It's not just a phenomenon in the United States. It's a phenomenon (and a real problem/scourge) in Europe as well.

But mostly it's a number of unaffiliated groups with a unifying disdain for fascism.

A counter-protestor was discharging a makeshift flamethrower at right-wing protestors at Charlottesville, and the media feigned outrage when a right-wing protestor dared to fire a warning shot at him.

Please, tell me about this "fascism" and why the alt-right (who neither generally are violent nor endorse violence), et al. deserves more disdain than the far-left extremists (who actually are violent) and their left-wing apologists (who endorse, or at least, defend the violence). :nono:

They aim to make a new, gentler mistake about human nature.

"Gentler"?

But you must be joking!

Because, apparently, wanton rioting, vandalism and arson are "gentler"!

What their cause isn't though is a call for dividing people by race and gender. The Nazis and a great deal of the Alt Right follow is precisely that.

Why on earth should that be the sole criterion? "Yes, I understand that these people are in favor of extrajudicial violence and political terrorism AND ACTUALLY COMMIT SUCH VIOLENCE, but THESE PEOPLE DON'T LIKE MINORITIES! They don't actually advocate violence against them, but they would much rather prefer to live without them than with them. So they are AUTOMATICALLY worse than the people calling for extrajudicial violence!"

Are you listening to yourself right now? :nono:

ClimateSanity

What is " in" a person is a set of attitudes. You have an attitude inside you that refuses to see anything good at all in Trump.

You say it's about who a person is and how he presents. How is it me and PJ see a fantastic president and you see a man with huge personal faults? We all have faults and you think his are worse than yours. I might go further and say you think his faults are of the same magnitude as mine and that your faults are miniscule in comparison. The Bible has something to say about an attitude like that .

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
What is " in" a person is a set of attitudes. You have an attitude inside you that refuses to see anything good at all in Trump.
And by the way, the president's second effort in Texas? Nicely done.
Alright now. :chuckle:

No, I thought he did well this time around. He handed out supplies, served food to the hungry, comforted a few kids and made himself visible to people who could use the encouragement. It was a pleasant surprise. I'm not going to kick him when he gets it right.

He did what he should have done, what I'd expect a president to do. More of that, please.

Nostradamus called. He said not to quit your day job . :nono:

You say it's about who a person is and how he presents. How is it me and PJ see a fantastic president and you see a man with huge personal faults?
That's a question you need to ask yourself and consider, given I can and have noted the particular illustrations of that. How you resist the understanding rooted in his words and actions is something that should give you pause.

We all have faults and you think his are worse than yours.
I don't believe I've ever compared myself to him, and I never ran for president of the United States either.

I might go further and say you think his faults are of the same magnitude as mine and that your faults are miniscule in comparison.
You might say there was an American culture that existed until 1965, when a change in immigration law did away with what essentially reduced to racial discrimination, then literally run away from defining what you mean by that culture and what that shift from it entailed when challenged on making vaguely racist comments. And by might I mean that's exactly what you did.

Or, you just say whatever suits that trunk full of emotional issues you have and you never seem able to back any of it. Let's see the next one.

The Bible has something to say about an attitude like that .
What does the Bible say about straw men?

Last edited:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

You say it's about who a person is and how he presents. How is it me and PJ see a fantastic president and you see a man with huge personal faults? We all have faults and you think his are worse than yours. I might go further and say you think his faults are of the same magnitude as mine and that your faults are miniscule in comparison. The Bible has something to say about an attitude like that .
Great Post

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

And therein lies part of the problem. He did what was *expected*. IF he gives a decent speech and doesn't do anything stupid for a day, apparently we are suppose to high five him for doing *** GASP *** what ALL other presidents have done naturally. One good speech does not erase his collusion with Russia to get elected. Nor does it erase all of the nasty statements and policies he is trying to put into effect. He is being treated as he *deserves* to be treated for intentionally trying to tear our country apart.