ECT "Along With Persecution": how the kingdom came in Acts 1-2

marhig

1 Corinthians 1

Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called: But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:.That no flesh should glory in his presence. But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord

[MENTION=16688]Danoh[/MENTION] All the learning and studying is nothing without God. God can raise up stones. He chooses those who have the right heart, are humble with humility first not those who study the most!

Danoh

Again, I beg to differ, marhig.

Understanding the Bible is no different from understanding any other book.

Through the proper understanding and application of how rules of grammar are being applied towards communicating intended sense through words.

First rule of understanding intended sense through words is to learn how to read.

The very means by which someone all alone in some hotel room somewhere, upon finding a Gideon Bible in the night stand drawer, and deciding to open it to read it because he or she knows how to read to begin with; does so, and upon their deciding to believe what they read, say in 1 Cor. 15:1-4, or Romans 5:8 that "Christ died for our sins" is saved right then and there by "the gospel of Christ" they have just then read about - for as Romans 1:17 clearly asserts to anyone who simply knows how to read - "it is the power of God unto salvation, for everyone that believeth."

Understanding Scripture is really that simple.

Don't believe me; try this...

Point a lost person to Matt. 1:25 and ask them what they understand the phrase "knew her not" is refferring to.

If that alone does not work, then have them turn to Gen. 4:1; 4:15; and 4:25, and ask them what the word "knew" means by HOW it is used there.

Lastly, bring them back to Matt. 1:25 and ask them again, what they think the phrase "knew her not" means there.

Unless they are simply slow; they will be able to understand said word by the simple principle of grammar that intended sense is communicated through HOW words are used, where they are found being used, by who, in relation to what, when, and why.

In short, it is clear throughout Scripture, that when the Spirit inspired the writers of Scripture to write down the Words He inspired them to write down, He Himself made use of the same basic rules for communicating intended sense through the very same basic rules of grammar that He first built into man's God given instinct to commincate intended sense to one another through words and how they are used.

Fact is, right this minute your spirit is receiving my spirit's intended sense to you through how I am using the words I am using in communicating my intended sense to you through unconscious rules of grammar.

Unless, that is, small children consciously know what a pronoun, and an adverb, and so on. are.

They don't; do they?

And yet; communicate their precious little intent through words and how words are used, they do.

And understand their precious little intended sense through how words are used, we do.

"So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading" - Nehemiah 8:8.

DAN P

Yes and that means it doesn't matter of you were Jew nor gentile, male or female, that's not important anymore, as now you are all one new creation in Christ. It doesn't mean that there will not be Jews or gentiles in Christ, it means that they are not seen as Jews or gentiles anymore but a new creation in Christ! Christ changes us.

In our house meeting there are some people who were Catholics and protestants from Belfast, that is unheard of in some parts of Ireland, there is a great divide in Belfast and Catholics and protestants in many places just don't mix, we also have one person from Dublin, some from England and the some from Wales, in many other situations, this wouldn't happen, in fact they would all argue and fight and there would be hatred. But Christ has brought us all together and we love one another as brothers and sisters in Christ that hatred is non existent. They are not of any denomination or divided anymore, and they are now as one.

God has changed our hearts and it doesn't matter if we are male or female, or if we were Catholic, Protestant, English, Irish, or Welsh. We are now one in Christ and are equal, and there is no more warring between them, no more hatred, that has passed away, dead! And we are alive in God through Christ who as our rock.

We are saved through faith by the grace of God!

By the way, you call me a grasshopper. Yet you're the one hopping around my question? You're the one saying that physical Israel will be saved! So how?

How will physical Israel be saved if they don't believe in the trinity or Jesus Christ?

Why won't you answer my question?

Thanks

Hi and you are a GRASSHOPPER and John 19:37 says that Israel SHALL LOOK /verb in the FUTURE TENSE which speaks to Christ Second Coming in Matt 24 !!

They shall look on the ONE that they PIERCED and will be saved as Rom 11:26 says !!

dan p

marhig

Hi and you are a GRASSHOPPER and John 19:37 says that Israel SHALL LOOK /verb in the FUTURE TENSE which speaks to Christ Second Coming in Matt 24 !!

They shall look on the ONE that they PIERCED and will be saved as Rom 11:26 says !!

dan p

John, in John 19 isn't speaking in a future tense at all, John talking about the scriptures being fulfilled, and he also said that "another scripture sayeth. They shall look on him whom they pierced" so he's talking of the scriptures in a past being fulfilled in the present.

John 19 34:37

But one of the soldiers with a spear pierced his side, and forthwith came there out blood and water. And he that saw it bare record, and his record is true: and he knoweth that he saith true, that ye might believe. For these things were done, that the scripture should be fulfilled, A bone of him shall not be broken. And again another scripture saith, They shall look on him whom they pierced.

And there is this

John 14:6

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

So how will they be saved if they don't believe in Jesus? He is the only way!

I can't believe the many of you judge those who don't believe Jesus is God as heretics and say that they are lost and hellbound, even though they love God and Christ from their hearts. And it doesn't say anywhere in the Bible that we have to believe that Jesus is God either, but that is the son of God.

Yet you say all the Jews will be saved even if they don't believe in the trinity or Jesus? How on earth has your church come to believe this? Some of you condemn many who love God and Christ, yet you see the Jews who don't believe in Jesus Christ and who even look down on him, as saved?

Only God knows who's saved, out of Jews and gentiles, but Jesus definitely says, no-one comes to the father except by him.

And there's also this

John 3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him

Danoh

marhig, the burden is on you to prove that fulfilment there in John 19 as to Israel then was the end of said fulfilment as to Israel then.

As much as it is on DP to prove it is also yet future - as to future Israel.

What saith, not the Greek; but "the analogy of faith" ("the whole counsel of God")?

DAN P

marhig, the burden is on you to prove that fulfilment there in John 19 as to Israel then was the end of said fulfilment as to Israel then.

What saith, not the Greek; but "the analogy of faith" ("the whole counsel of God")?

Hi and you say that John 19:37 is not in the FUTURE TENSE ?

So , prove me WRONG , GRASSHOPPER !!

Explain John 19:37 OR explain what the whole COUNSEL of God means !!

dan p

DAN P

John, in John 19 isn't speaking in a future tense at all, John talking about the scriptures being fulfilled, and he also said that "another scripture sayeth. They shall look on him whom they pierced" so he's talking of the scriptures in a past being fulfilled in the present.

John 19 34:37

But one of the soldiers with a spear pierced his side, and forthwith came there out blood and water. And he that saw it bare record, and his record is true: and he knoweth that he saith true, that ye might believe. For these things were done, that the scripture should be fulfilled, A bone of him shall not be broken. And again another scripture saith, They shall look on him whom they pierced.

And there is this

John 14:6

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

So how will they be saved if they don't believe in Jesus? He is the only way!

I can't believe the many of you judge those who don't believe Jesus is God as heretics and say that they are lost and hellbound, even though they love God and Christ from their hearts. And it doesn't say anywhere in the Bible that we have to believe that Jesus is God either, but that is the son of God.

Yet you say all the Jews will be saved even if they don't believe in the trinity or Jesus? How on earth has your church come to believe this? Some of you condemn many who love God and Christ, yet you see the Jews who don't believe in Jesus Christ and who even look down on him, as saved?

Only God knows who's saved, out of Jews and gentiles, but Jesus definitely says, no-one comes to the father except by him.

And there's also this

John 3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him

Hi and IF only God knows who is SAVED , how do you know that you are SAVED /SOZO ??

By the way PROVE how you were saved , GRASSHOPPER ??

Don't ask Danoh , as he does not know either !!

Explain Rom 10:9 in contrast with John 3:36 and are they SIMILAR ??

I don't think so !!

dan p

Interplanner

Hi and IF only God knows who is SAVED , how do you know that you are SAVED /SOZO ??

I don't think so !!

dan p

They will look on him whom they pierced is a perfect example like Nick said of us missing whose future the passage is about. We are very centered on our selves.

marhig

Hi and you say that John 19:37 is not in the FUTURE TENSE ?

So , prove me WRONG , GRASSHOPPER !!

Explain John 19:37 OR explain what the whole COUNSEL of God means !!

dan p

I don't need to explain it, John does so himself. John said that these things are done so that the scriptures be fulfilled. And then he goes on to quote the scriptures one of which is, They shall look upon him whom they pierced.

And that scripture is in Zechariah 12.

marhig

No-one gets to the father except through Jesus. Jesus said this himself. So how will anyone including the Jews get to God of they don't believe in him?

How?? ..... I'm not making that up myself, Jesus said it. So how will that happen if the Jews don't believe in him or that he is the son of God?

And what about them not believing in the trinity seeing as many of you call others lost for not believing in it? Yet the Jews are saved regardless? How will that work?

You either won't or can't answer me? Yet you go on and on about me not believing that all natural Israel will be saved? I've always said, it's not for me to say who will and who won't be saved. That's up to God. But Jesus does say that the only way to the father is through him. So how do you explain it? It should be no problem for you to do so if it is the way you believe?

And there is this

Romans 9

Esaias also crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved

marhig

I don't think so !!

dan p

I can't believe it, your quoting Romans 10:9 and John 3:36, and then also saying that the Jews will be saved even though they don't believe in Jesus? That's unbelievable, you're just contradicting yourself!

And I've never ever said that I know that I'm eternally saved! Ever. I know that I was saved from my past sins when I believed and had faith in God. And I know that I am being saved daily as I die daily by the Holy Spirit helping me to overcome. But I don't know if I'm eternally saved! I leave that in Gods hands as eternal salvation belongs to God to give, no man can say who is and who isn't eternally saved because no man is God!

And there's these verses

Matthew 24

But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Hebrews 3

Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God. But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin. For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;

1 Thessalonians 5

But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation

Titus 1

Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness; In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began

2 Timothy

For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day

Philippians 2

Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling

Romans 11

For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee. Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

We are to suffer whatever is set before us, endure it and hold on to our faith, obey God and do his will, continue in his goodness following Jesus until the end to receive eternal life. And if we keep our faith, and trust in him completely and do his will, then God will give us the strength to do so through Christ by the Spirit of truth.

The eternal life we receive now is the Holy Spirit who is helping us to overcome every day but we won't know about eternal salvation until we have taken our last breath, only God can say who is and who isn't eternally saved!

Interplanner

Yes we can know. Rom 5:1 and 8:1. Further proof that everything, even 'prophecy', hinges on justification by Christ.

Danoh

...Further proof that everything, even 'prophecy', hinges on justification by Christ.

MADs do NOT assert otherwise.

1 John 5:13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.