Almost 80% of all abortions in New York City were Black or Hispanic

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
baby-crosshairs.jpg

There is an excellent article on Jill Stanek's blog about the high rate of abortion in the minority community. I highly recommend that you read the entire article here.

The blog raises the tough question: just who is targeting who? The number of aborted blacks, according to the Centers for Disease Control, outnumbers the next leading 7 causes of death among blacks combined.

Between 1999-2008 there were 922,272 abortions in New York City. Of these:

- 50,382 (5.5%) were Asian
- 101, 856 (11%) were White
- 296,330 (32.1%) were Hispanic
- 430,515 (46.7%) were Black

79% of all abortions in New York City in that 10-yr period – 726,845 babies – were Black and Hispanic.

The article makes the bold claim that Planned Parenthood targets black babies, and there have been 20 million aborted Black babies in the U.S. since 1973.

Read the entire article here and please leave a comment as to your reaction from the story.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This is sickening. The figure for blacks------>1,259.7 abortions per 1,000 live births. That's more aborted than live births. That is an abomination. I wonder if our resident Abortion On Trick Pony is racist. He harps and harps on the poor women needing abortions.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
This is sickening. The figure for blacks------>1,259.7 abortions per 1,000 live births. That's more aborted than live births. That is an abomination. I wonder if our resident Abortion On Trick Pony is racist. He harps and harps on the poor women needing abortions.
He's certainly a classist.

As for the report, I'm appalled, and not at all surprised. Margaret Sanger was blatant about her racism.

MrDeets

TOL Subscriber
That absolutely breaks my heart. I am literally sitting here with tears in my eyes trying to figure out how America got here. I can't believe ya'll are "not surprised" and talking like its not a big deal. How non chalant ya'll are is sad, but not anywhere close to as sad as the massacre taking place out there.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
That absolutely breaks my heart. I am literally sitting here with tears in my eyes trying to figure out how America got here. I can't believe ya'll are "not surprised" and talking like its not a big deal. How non chalant ya'll are is sad, but not anywhere close to as sad as the massacre taking place out there.
I never said it wasn't a big deal. And the only reason I'm not surprised is because I already knew the rate of abortion for blacks was the highest in the country.

Sheila B

Read the entire article [URL="http://www.jillstanek.com/2010/11/pro-lifer-asks-pro-abort-nyc-council-members-excuse-me-who-is-targeting-whom/"]here[/URL] and please leave a comment as to your reaction from the story.[/QUOTE]

Planned Parenthood has its roots in [B]ethnic cleansing[/B] going back to Margaret Sanger who's ideas were admired by Hitler. These ideas increased into the handicapped, mentally challenged, elderly, etc. Dark, dark, stuff here.​

Sheila B

Ethnic cleansing has roots in every society that targets a certain part of the society as lesser, than the rest.
For example, the rwandan genocide began when the Belgium king ruled there and made Tutsi's carry papers to identify their distinction as opposed to the Hutus. It was meant to be a good thing, because he gave the Tutsi's, a small manority, a greater share in the government control, but when the King died, the hutus used the card-carrying Tutusi's as a target. prior to this, the two tribes had no real distinction among them that was noticeable. Sometimes it takes a generation or 2 or 3 but the ethnic cleansing starts in a simple manner.
It makes me uneasy about what N America is doing to the Mexican immigrants, that is, talk about making them carry citicenship papers on their persons.
This is how it begins.

Is it logical to assume that more blacks seek abortions because they have been brain washed by planned parenthood? Or is it more reasonable to believe that those in poverty do not wish to have the added expense of a child? Or that they fear ( rightly or wrongly) that they will give their child a horrible life in the ghetto?
I realize that abortion is a VERY hot topic. Note, that I am not saying that abortion is OK. I am only saying that if one wants to stop it, one must accurately diagnose what causes it.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Is it logical to assume that more blacks seek abortions because they have been brain washed by planned parenthood? Or is it more reasonable to believe that those in poverty do not wish to have the added expense of a child? Or that they fear ( rightly or wrongly) that they will give their child a horrible life in the ghetto?
I realize that abortion is a VERY hot topic. Note, that I am not saying that abortion is OK. I am only saying that if one wants to stop it, one must accurately diagnose what causes it.
They target the poor because they think of black people when they think of poor people. Most of their facilities, if not all, are in predominantly black neighborhoods.

Sheila B

They target the poor because they think of black people when they think of poor people. Most of their facilities, if not all, are in predominantly black neighborhoods.

This is absolutely true. And the roots of Planned Parenthood sought to eliminate the "lesser" species, blacks being one. It is in black and white just like Mein Kampfh. But, few read the background material of these groups. Sick stuff.

Alate_One

The cited statistics are in New York City, which, being an inner city area is skewed towards minorities in *population*, so it makes sense abortions will be higher in minorities. Plus you're dealing with a lot of poverty in NYC especially among minorities and poverty correlates strongly with a likelihood to undergo abortion.

But apparently the blog author is more concerned with selling the story that there is some kind of racial targeting rather than showing statistics that are actually reflective of the US population as a whole or trying to make sense of them.

When we look at the US as a whole the statistics are quite different.

• Eighteen percent of U.S. women obtaining abortions are teenagers; those aged 15-17 obtain 6% of all abortions, teens aged 18-19 obtain 11%, and teens under age 15 obtain 0.4%. [6]

• Women in their twenties account for more than half of all abortions; women aged 20–24 obtain 33% of all abortions, and women aged 25-29 obtain 24%. [6]

• Thirty percent of abortions occur to non-Hispanic black women, 36% to non-Hispanic white women, 25% to Hispanic women and 9% to women of other races. [6]

• Thirty-seven percent of women obtaining abortions identify as Protestant and 28% as Catholic.[6]

• Women who have never married and are not cohabiting account for 45% of all abortions.[6]

• About 61% of abortions are obtained by women who have one or more children.[6]

• Forty-two percent of women obtaining abortions have incomes below 100% of the federal poverty level ($10,830 for a single woman with no children).

• Twenty-seven percent of women obtaining abortions have incomes between 100-199% of the federal poverty level.* [6]

• The reasons women give for having an abortion underscore their understanding of the responsibilities of parenthood and family life. Three-fourths of women cite concern for or responsibility to other individuals; three-fourths say they cannot afford a child; three-fourths say that having a baby would interfere with work, school or the ability to care for dependents; and half say they do not want to be a single parent or are having problems with their husband or partner.[7]

Source

Do you people honestly think Planned Parenthood is targeting people because of their race? I think there is a crazed attack on Planned Parenthood (abortion is 3% of everything that it does) and facts won't be allowed to get in the way of said attack.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The cited statistics are in New York City, which, being an inner city area is skewed towards minorities in *population*, so it makes sense abortions will be higher in minorities.
Which is irrelevant when the ratios are presented.

Whites have 512 induced abortions per 1,000 live births.
Hispanics have 686.9 abortions per 1,000 live births.
Blacks have 1,259.7 abortions per 1,000 live births.

-Source.​
When we look at the US as a whole the statistics are quite different.
Where are they different? The one relevant bullet you had:

• Thirty percent of abortions occur to non-Hispanic black women, 36% to non-Hispanic white women, 25% to Hispanic women and 9% to women of other races.

A 32.1% murder by abortion rate for Hispanics in New York is more than 25% nationally, but 25% nationally is still a vast over-representation by their 16% of the population.
A 46.7% murder by abortion rate for Blacks in New York is more than 30% nationally, but 30% nationally is still a vast over-representation by their 12.6% of the population.

Plus you're dealing with a lot of poverty in NYC especially among minorities and poverty correlates strongly with a likelihood to undergo abortion.
Which is a red herring you're throwing out because the numbers with respect to ethnicity are as bad as they are claimed to be even if only the worst example was presented here.

But apparently the blog author is more concerned with selling the story that there is some kind of racial targeting rather than showing statistics that are actually reflective of the US population as a whole or trying to make sense of them.
And apparently you don't care that abortionists earn their living by killing children.

Do you people honestly think Planned Parenthood is targeting people because of their race?
Probably. Why should they not market themselves like any other business? Oh, because they kill kids for a living. So what's your response? Make sure they don't get accused of racism?

I think there is a crazed attack on Planned Parenthood (abortion is 3% of everything that it does)
:think: I guess they also do marketing, promotion, drugs, counselling, legal and political as well as actually killing babies.

Why do you want to defend baby-killers, Alate?

Granite

Hall of Fame
Birth rates among poorer communities have always been higher than those in affluent ones. I'm not really surprised by the figures, but I'd say poverty plays a tremendous role, not some genocidal program hidden in plain sight.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The blog raises the tough question: just who is targeting who? The number of aborted blacks, according to the Centers for Disease Control, outnumbers the next leading 7 causes of death among blacks combined.

Between 1999-2008 there were 922,272 abortions in New York City. Of these:

- 50,382 (5.5%) were Asian
- 101, 856 (11%) were White
- 296,330 (32.1%) were Hispanic
- 430,515 (46.7%) were Black

79% of all abortions in New York City in that 10-yr period – 726,845 babies – were Black and Hispanic.

The article makes the bold claim that Planned Parenthood targets black babies, and there have been 20 million aborted Black babies in the U.S. since 1973.

Read the entire article here and please leave a comment as to your reaction from the story.

Well, Hitler's direct approach didn't work. So they are trying the back door.