"|all you have to do is believe in Jesus".. Huh?

heir

TOL Subscriber
Titus is talking about earning salvation. The only way one could earn salvation is to be perfect.
Acts 10:35 KJV says

Acts 10:35 But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.

while Titus 3:5 KJV says the opposite

Titus 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

They both mean what they say, but say the exact opposite! Only one is true of salvation today and it's Titus 3:5 KJV!

How does one REALLY KNOW they are in Christ? The bible tells us.

1 Jn. 2:3 By this we know that we have come to know Him, we keep His commandments.
Wrong again! We live in the "but now" where the righteousness of God without the law is manifested!

The righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ is upon all them that believe!

Romans 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

Romans 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

"Believe" what? Believe the gospel of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV), which is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth (not keeping commandments)

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

for therein (in the gospel of Christ) is the righteousness of God is revealed!

Romans 1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Now is the accepted time; behold now is the day of salvation!

2 Corinthians 6:2 (For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.)

heir

TOL Subscriber
Faith leads to action (Rom. 7:4). They are going to need spiritual eyeballs (Ac 26:17, 1 Jn 5:19).

5096894576974697459876854976958.jpg
The gospel of Christ is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth, not your religious, denominational ball and chain.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Acts 10:35 But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.

Titus 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

They both mean what they say, but say the exact opposite! Only one is true of salvation today and it's Titus 3:5 KJV!

Wrong again! We live in the "but now" where the righteousness of God without the law is manifested!

The righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ is upon all them that believe!

Romans 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

Romans 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

"Believe" what? Believe the gospel of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV), which is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth (not keeping commandments)

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Romans 1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Now is the accepted time; behold now is the day of salvation!

2 Corinthians 6:2 (For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.)

Excellent

glorydaz

Now these are some of the things that need to be rightly divided, as you have done here, Heir. It's why we have so much confusion, and why people like God's UNtruth keep preaching error. Sometimes I wonder if they even believe that the RISEN LORD appeared to Paul and gave him this revelation of righteousness and salvation. Law and grace are like oil and water....they don't mix, so why do people keep trying to get them to mix?

turbosixx

I'm not sure how you can see the bible saying things that are opposite and not in harmony with each other. Did Cornelius earn acceptance? Is acceptance salvation in this passage?

Last edited:

turbosixx

Rom. 3:28 For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from works of the Law.

When Paul says works "of the law" he is talking about the law of Moses which had no provision for the forgiveness of sins. That's why he calls it the law of sin and death. Rom. 8:2.

We are not under the law of Moses but under the law of Christ. Gal. 6:2.

If you can show me from the context of Roman, that he is not talking about the law of Moses, I would better understand what you are saying.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
The gospel of Christ is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth, not your religious, denominational ball and chain.
:yawn: Not receiving God's word? :juggle: You are not of God. His words find no place in you :listen: because your not his (Jn 8:44-47).

Last edited:

popsthebuilder

I did not get from that who or which you believed, Christ or your works?

How long are you gunna keep up these works? they haven't saved you so far...will another 10 years of works save you?

When you lay on your death bed will you have done enough?
Salvation is through Faith, good works, and truth.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
so many so called Christians say that all you have to do is believe... always pointing to those psgs that seem to say this.. just believe stuff

well, if you really believe Jesus..

if you really, really believe in Him.. you will do what He says

He said this Himself

"If you love Me, you will keep My commandments"

Also see:

James 2:14

"Faith without works is dead"

__

James was written to the scattered sheep of Israel. Not the Body of Christ.

glorydaz

:yawn: Not receiving God's word? :juggle: You are not of God. His words find no place in you :listen: because your not his (Jn 8:44-47).

Oh dear....you'd best place yourself on that heretic's list you got going. Isn't that you with the list?

popsthebuilder

By the way I think you are very proud to think you can do something that will save you....your sins cry to heaven, God demands that you die for your sins.

You say "Lord, Lord, did I not do this? and did I not do that?" but God roars and says "Your sins, your sins...you shall surely die"

"But, but Lord you came and preached in our streets"

"Your sins, your sins...you must die for your sins, the wages of sin is death"

Yes the wages of sins is death, I'm so glad that Jesus died for me
Regardless of if you believe Jesus was God while he walked the earth, or not, you still must act in the same manner that you have faith, not belief. If all you have is some belief that can't be called Faith because of doubt, then you are currently lost. How can you believe something and not act accordingly, unless you don't really believe?

popsthebuilder

People seem to think that if they follow some if the commandments that they're doing such great things, above and beyond everyone else. Wrong. If you obey every single commandment all the time and do everything the Bible says, you're at zero. You're doing what you are commanded to do. What reward shall a man have for doing the work he was hired to do? When you go to work and do your job, your boss doesn't go out of his way to praise you because you are doing what he said to.

Likewise, if you do everything that the Bible says to do, you aren't going above and beyond. You are doing the minimum commanded. And no one does even that much. If you aren't saved by faith alone, then you aren't saved.
That's the dumbest **** I ever heard. Work has **** to do with charity, or good works. No one is without sin. That doesn't mean party it up with complete disregard for your well being and the well being of existence. Good works are works of truth, kindness, charity, any positive selfless act is good works. That coupled with true Faith(not belief) is key. One or the other is ok. Both are better. None are to be proud. All praise is for God alone.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I'm not sure how you can see the bible saying things that are opposite and not in harmony with each other. Did Cornelius earn acceptance? Is acceptance salvation in this passage?

You need to learn how to "Rightly Divide" the word then, the confusion
you feel, will pass, hopefully.