ECT All Things Are Lawful For Me

Jerry Shugart

Beautiful.

Oh yes, beautiful to the self-righteous, those who think that their judgment will be based on their own righteousness. But they will be in for a rude shock come the judgment day:

"But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away"
(Isa.64:6).​

The following words of Paul are a perfect description of you:

"For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God" (Ro.10:3).​

You deny the gospel of grace and therefore remain ignorant of the righteousness of God which is imputed to those who believe:

"But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works, Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered. Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin" (Ro.4:5-8).​

Last edited:

Derf

Of course we are supposed to keep ourselves "holy" and that is an integral part of a Christian's "service" (Ro.12:1).

But if a Christian's service comes up short he will still be saved:

"If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire"
(1 Cor.3:14-15).​

In regard to our position in Christ we are made the righteousness of God (2 Cor.5:21) so our salvation is not based on our own righteouness but instead on the righteousness of God. That is why sin is not imputed to believers in regard to one's salvation:

"But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works, Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered. Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin"
(Ro.4:5-8).​

It is necessary to understand the difference between a Christian's service or walk with the things in regard to his eternal salvation.

You don't even understand that the words "sanctified" and "justified" in the verse which you quote is not in regard to our own "holiness" or "justification" but instead to what is given to us in grace when we believe.

Those who are sanctified by the blood of the Lamb are perfected forever:

"By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all. ...For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified"
(Heb.10:10,14).​

True believers are also justified or made righteous in the eyes of the Lord, not because of what we do, but instead our righteousness is the righteousness of God which comes when we believe. Paul wrote:

"And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faithfulness of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith" (Phil.3:9).​

So if you think that you will be judged according to your own holiness and your own righteousness then you probably will. You will not receive the blessings of being perfected forever and having the righteousness which is of God unless you believe the gospel of grace.

Then based on your two responses (quoted above) to my post, YOUR answer to your OP question set:
What is the meaning of the words in "bold" in the following verses?:

Does it have to do with what is said here in "bold"?:
is "No".

It's good to have that settled, isn't it?:the_wave:

Jerry Shugart

Then based on your two responses (quoted above) to my post, YOUR answer to your OP question set:
is "No".

It's good to have that settled, isn't it?

Then what is your interpretation of the words in "bold" in this passage?:

"But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works, Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered. Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin" (Ro.4:5-8).​

And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God. [1Co 6:11 KJV] Don't be a washed pig returning to the mire.

Why did you say anything about a washed pig returning to the mire since the words "sanctified" and "justified" are in regard to the blessings which a person receive when he believes?

Do you think that your salvation is dependent on your own righteousness?

God's Truth

You always get that wrong.
REPENT.

From the beginning of time God tells us to obey Him. He tells us what to do and what not to do. He tells us to repent.

Jesus comes to earth and tells us what to do and what not to do, and he tells us to repent.

But you think God who never changes changed and now obeying is not required anymore nor is repenting of our sins.

That is so wrong it is unbelievable that anyone could believe it and teach it.

God's Truth

Why did you say anything about a washed pig returning to the mire since the words "sanctified" and "justified" are in regard to the blessings which a person receive when he believes?

Don't you know we repent of our sins and then are forgiven and our sins are washed away?

Don't you know that at that time we are sinless and are to LIVE UP TO that?

Philippians 3:16 Only let us live up to what we have already attained.

Ephesians 4:1 As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received.

Colossians 1:10 so that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God,

Colossians 2:6 So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in him,

Did you read that? Continue to live your lives in him. If you sin, you are living your life outside of him.

1 Thessalonians 2:12 encouraging, comforting and urging you to live lives worthy of God, who calls you into his kingdom and glory.

1 Thessalonians 4:1 As for other matters, brothers and sisters, we instructed you how to live in order to please God, as in fact you are living. Now we ask you and urge you in the Lord Jesus to do this more and more.

2 Thessalonians 1:5 It is a clear evidence of God’s righteous judgment that you will be counted worthy of God’s kingdom, for which you also are suffering,

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
From the beginning of time God tells us to obey Him. He tells us what to do and what not to do. He tells us to repent.

Jesus comes to earth and tells us what to do and what not to do, and he tells us to repent.

But you think God who never changes changed and now obeying is not required anymore nor is repenting of our sins.

That is so wrong it is unbelievable that anyone could believe it and teach it.
Scripture teaches it. That's why you don't believe it. You are here to distort scripture and tell lies over and over again.

Romans 5:18-19 KJV
(18) Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
(19) For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

DID YOU READ THAT????

That one still ain't you, GT.

God's Truth

Scripture teaches it. That's why you don't believe it. You are here to distort scripture and tell lies over and over again.

(18) Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
(19) For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

DID YOU READ THAT????

Jesus obeyed and that is why we have someone to obey.

John 15:10 If you obey my commandments, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commandments and remain in his love.

God's Truth

DID YOU READ THAT????

We can't even enter that grace from God unless we have faith with obedience.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Jesus obeyed and that is why we have someone to obey.

John 15:10 If you obey my commandments, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commandments and remain in his love.
by the righteousness of one
by the obedience of one

Not two .......... ONE.
That excludes any of your righteousness and obedience.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Jesus says that he obeyed and that we too have to obey.
The word of GOD says it is by the righteousness and obedience of one, not two.

Did you read that?
How do you get that it is by the righteousness and obedience of two????
You have no understanding.

Derf

I don't think the passage is all that mysterious. If you believe on the one that justifies the ungodly, your faith is counted for righteousness. We can't save ourselves. No one can save us but the spotless lamb of God, Jesus Christ, who laid down His life for us. I'm pretty sure I've affirmed that countless times here.
Because that was the gist of what Paul was telling the Corinthians in the passage you quoted. You asked me to give you my interpretation of it, and I did. Here it is again. "Don't do those things you used to do! That's not how an inheritor of the kingdom is supposed to act. Don't concentrate on the rules about meats, but don't do the kind of stuff the unbelievers do. You're clean, now act like a clean person. You're different now--act like it." Read the passage, Jerry, the whole passage. Don't cherry pick. It's pretty clear if you don't go into it with your mind made up already. And consider the audience. Paul was rebuking the Corinthians for their behavior, because their behavior looked like unbelievers' behavior.

What from my post gave you that idea? Am I really that unclear? Please help me to learn from this how to better express myself. Our salvation is completely and utterly dependent on our Savior. We were dead in trespasses and sins, and He made us alive again. Alive to do good works for Him. The kind of things He did while on earth. The kind of things He likes us to do. The kind of things people will do in His kingdom. And He wants us to get used to doing those things in this life so it will be easier for us in His kingdom, WHERE THERE IS NO SIN. So if someone is wanting to sin and keeps wanting to sin, maybe God will think that person doesn't want to be in His kingdom, where he will never be allowed to do those things. Never ever! For all eternity!

Jerry Shugart

Don't you know we repent of our sins and then are forgiven and our sins are washed away?

Don't you know that at that time we are sinless and are to LIVE UP TO that?

The verse found at 1 John 1:9 is in regard to our "fellowship" with the Lord (v.6) and not in regard to our salvation.

Once a person believes the gospel sins are not imputed into his account because he possesses the righteousness which is of God and therefore his own righteousness plays no part in his salvation. Here are Paul's own words where he explains how he received the righteousness which is of God:

"And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faithfulness of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith" (Phil.3:9).​

Of course those words are way, way above your head because you have not received the spirit which is of God and that is evident because you know nothing about the things which are "freely" given to true believers:

"Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God"
(1 Cor.2;12).​

God's Truth

The verse found at 1 John 1:9 is in regard to our "fellowship" with the Lord (v.6) and not in regard to our salvation.

Our fellowship with the Lord is our salvation.

Once a person believes the gospel sins are not imputed into his account because he possesses the righteousness which is of God and therefore his own righteousness plays no part in his salvation. Here are Paul's own words where he explains how he received the righteousness which is of God:

"And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faithfulness of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith" (Phil.3:9).

Of course those words are way, way above your head because you have not received the spirit which is of God and that is evident because you know nothing about the things which are "freely" given to true believers:

"Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God" (1 Cor.2;12).

God only gives His Spirit and understanding to those who obey.

You speak against obeying and you falsely judged me as not being saved, and Jesus says with the measure you use it will be measured to you.

God's Truth

You sure got that wrong when you said our righteousness plays no part in our salvation.

In Jesus, I become the righteousness of God. See 2 Corinthians 5:21.

My righteousness, holiness, and redemption come from Jesus Christ. See 1 Corinthians 1:30.

I have the righteousness from God, righteousness by faith; see Romans 1:17.

We have righteousness from God through faith in Jesus because we believe, see Romans 3:22.

Our obedience leads us to righteousness see Romans 6:16.

We are righteous because we obey the perfect law see Romans 2:13.

We do what is right; therefore, we are righteous see 1 John 3:12.

The righteous requirements of the law are fully met in me and all those saved, those who live according to the Spirit, See Romans 8:4.

Righteous acts see Revelation 19:8

We are to offer the parts of our body to Him as instruments of righteousness. Romans 6:13

We are under control of righteousness Romans 6:20

We are to live a righteous life James 1:20

Righteous for what we do James 2:21, 25

Jerry Shugart

I don't think the passage is all that mysterious. If you believe on the one that justifies the ungodly, your faith is counted for righteousness. We can't save ourselves. No one can save us but the spotless lamb of God, Jesus Christ, who laid down His life for us. I'm pretty sure I've affirmed that countless times here.

Then why did you quote verses which you believe that the sins of Christians will disqualify them for salvation?

So the answer to your question is: Of course, there is nobody that will be saved in the end that has not stopped sinning in the end...The author of Hebrews seems to think so: [Heb 10:26 KJV] 26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

Jerry Shugart

God only gives His Spirit and understanding to those who obey.

Again, you deny the things which are "freely" given to us.

You also deny the fact that the Spirit comes to those who believe:

"O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you? This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of law, or by the hearing of faith? Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?"
(Gal.3:1-3).​

Here we see that the Spirit is received by faith. According to your foolish ideas no one can receive the Spirit except by obeying, which is something which is done through the flesh.

Last edited: