ECT All the Prophets, Acts 3

SaulToPaul 2

AS in "opened back up"? Interesting thought, but then the proposition is even more easily demonstrated. all the ones (the majority) who were not close-out were to one day be the recipients of the blessing. Gen 3 says the gift of the Gospel was known that far back.

I'm referring to the broad statements of Eph 3:5-6 or Acts 15. It was known for a long time that the blessing was for the nations. The mysterious thing (to Judaism) was that it was through the Gospel of Christ. That's where citizenship, inheritance come through. For the NHNE.

Who is excluded by Gen 12:1-3?

Interplanner

Who is excluded by Gen 12:1-3?

Was Israel a nation with a geographic capitol when this statement was made? No. So cursing "Israel" is actually cursing the faith-people of God. Yes, if you curse them you will be cursed.

The NT is trying to get through our thick carnal heads that the Stone laid in "Zion" was a Person, and you don't build a geographic capitol on that. It always was about the living Stone, us "like living stones" in a spiritual house offering "spiritual sacrifices" as "priests." To carnalize this is folly. I Peter 2:4-10; cp. with similar language in Romans 9-12. I Pet 1:18 is about Judaism!

The Stone imagery of Peter is from Is 28 and 8.

The people of Israel in Isaiah's time had
"made a lie our refuge / and falsehood our hiding place"
Wow, I wonder what THAT was! 28:15

God would shock this people with foreign lips and strange tongues, but they would not listen, 28:11 (I Cor 14). They instead turned the Law into 'do and do and do and do...' v15. If there was ever a prediction of Judaism replacing the promise with the Law (Gal 3:17) that was it! Even the background of the NT is explained in advance!

SaulToPaul 2

Was Israel a nation with a geographic capitol when this statement was made? No. So cursing "Israel" is actually cursing the faith-people of God. Yes, if you curse them you will be cursed.

The NT is trying to get through our thick carnal heads that the Stone laid in "Zion" was a Person, and you don't build a geographic capitol on that. It always was about the living Stone, us "like living stones" in a spiritual house offering "spiritual sacrifices" as "priests." To carnalize this is folly. I Peter 2:4-10; cp. with similar language in Romans 9-12. I Pet 1:18 is about Judaism!

The Stone imagery of Peter is from Is 28 and 8.

The people of Israel in Isaiah's time had
"made a lie our refuge / and falsehood our hiding place"
Wow, I wonder what THAT was! 28:15

God would shock this people with foreign lips and strange tongues, but they would not listen, 28:11 (I Cor 14). They instead turned the Law into 'do and do and do and do...' v15. If there was ever a prediction of Judaism replacing the promise with the Law (Gal 3:17) that was it! Even the background of the NT is explained in advance!

Who was excluded by Gen 12:1-3?

SaulToPaul 2

Was Israel a nation with a geographic capitol when this statement was made? No.

Let's see what it says.

Genesis
12:2 And I will make of THEE a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing:
12:3 And I will bless them that bless THEE, and curse him that curseth THEE: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

Now, who is excluded from the blessings? Easy. Gentiles who did not seek the true God through that nation. Pagans.

heir

TOL Subscriber
In the teaching of Acts 3, we see that all the prophets said the suffering of Christ was coming. Peter then explains that all the prophets said that the refreshing and restoration would come, thought not at the same time.

Does anyone actually think the suffering of Christ was only for Israel? Then why would the other be only for Israel? It is not. He was setting up the same apostolic doctrine as Paul, that the Genesis promise was that the end-time mission of Israel (first) would be to all nations to bless them with justification.

It is not one race and then another. It is not one group and then another. It is that it launches in israel and goes to the ends of the earth.

Whoever said that it was all set up as being one group and then sequentially another, doesn't know the NT. Most of the first generation of believers were Jews and it tapered off from that point, but was always for all, always idealized in Eph 2-3 as being a unity in faith in the Gospel.
I don't know what you are trying to say here, but Peter did not preach the why of the cross anymore than Paul was given a baton from the 12 (Galatians 1:11-12 KJV). Peter preached that which was spoken by the mouth of all God's holy prophets since the world began (Acts 4:21 KJV) while Paul preached that which was kept secret since the world began (Romans 16:25 KJV). Paul's gospel was a mystery and the fact that it would reach people like you and me was unsearchable in the OT (Ephesians 3:1-9 KJV).

heir

TOL Subscriber
Fact is, prior to Paul, those Galatians were heathen.

Acts 17: 11, 12.
:rotfl:

Acts 13:26 Men and brethren, children of the stock of Abraham, and whosoever among you feareth God, to you is the word of this salvation sent.

Acts 14:1 And it came to pass in Iconium, that they went both together into the synagogue of the Jews, and so spake, that a great multitude both of the Jews and also of the Greeks believed.

Danoh

Fact is, prior to Paul, those Galatians were heathen.

:rotfl:

Acts 13:26 Men and brethren, children of the stock of Abraham, and whosoever among you feareth God, to you is the word of this salvation sent.

Acts 14:1 And it came to pass in Iconium, that they went both together into the synagogue of the Jews, and so spake, that a great multitude both of the Jews and also of the Greeks believed.

Straight out the Acts 28er Handbook of how to study a thing out incorrectly. :chuckle:

Fact?

Galatians 1:13 For ye have heard of my conversation in time past in the Jews' religion, how that beyond measure I persecuted the church of God, and wasted it: 1:14 And profited in the Jews' religion above many my equals in mine own nation, being more exceedingly zealous of the traditions of my fathers. 1:15 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace, 1:16 To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood: 1:17 Neither went I up to Jerusalem to them which were apostles before me; but I went into Arabia, and returned again unto Damascus.

Why?

Because "the Jew's religion" having accomplished one aspect of God's intent through the Law, was now no longer the Dispensation in effect...

Romans 10:1 Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved. 10:2 For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge. 10:3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God. 10:4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

Galatians 2:1 Then fourteen years after I went up again to Jerusalem with Barnabas, and took Titus with me also. 2:2 And I went up by revelation, and communicated unto them that gospel which I preach among the Gentiles, but privately to them which were of reputation, lest by any means I should run, or had run, in vain.

Galatians 2:15 We who are Jews by nature, and not sinners of the Gentiles, 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified. 2:17 But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid. 2:18 For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor. 2:19 For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God. 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. 2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

But you just go right on ahead with your the Acts 28er part of your approach to Acts.

Come on heir, you have half the pie (the Acts 9 approach) - the other half of which is NOT the Acts 28er approach.

Time for you to contact one of the major schools within Mid-Acts for their course on how to remain Acts 9 consistent in your approach.

Because things that differ...do. :chuckle:

Rom. 5: 6-8.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Straight out the Acts 28er Handbook of how to study a thing out incorrectly. :chuckle:
Straight out of the pure and preserved words of the Lord in a KJB! The Galatians 3:29 KJV were different than the Ephesians 2:11-12 KJV to whom Paul wrote the epistle. One was in and had a hope per Genesis 12:3 and the other, out having no hope per Genesis 12:3 KJV. Simple stuff that you reject.

Danoh

Straight out of the pure and preserved words of the Lord in a KJB! The Galatians 3:29 KJV were different than the Ephesians 2:11-12 KJV to whom Paul wrote the epistle. One was in and had a hope per Genesis 12:3 and the other, out having no hope per Genesis 12:3 KJV. Simple stuff that you reject.

I wasn't aware they were each KJVs.

Or that we were NOT going back and forth about them.

:chuckle:

You know; given your frequent "untruth" that I have never gone back and forth with any of you on your many errors in my own voice.

Thank God for Rom. 5: 6-8.

heir

TOL Subscriber
I wasn't aware they were each KJVs.
My position is straight out of the KJB.

You know; given your frequent "untruth" that I have never gone back and forth with any of you on your many errors in my own voice.
You can't handle the truth. It's evident in your rejection of things that differ (in this case specifically that there were different Gentiles Galatians 3:29 KJV and Ephesians 2:11-12 KJV).

SaulToPaul 2

Let's see what it says.

Genesis
12:2 And I will make of THEE a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing:
12:3 And I will bless them that bless THEE, and curse him that curseth THEE: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

Now, who is excluded from the blessings? Easy. Gentiles who did not seek the true God through that nation. Pagans.

:idunno:

I can see how two types of Gentiles evolved from this passage. One was blessed, the other was cursed.
Can anyone else not see this?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
My position is straight out of the KJB.

You can't handle the truth. It's evident in your rejection of things that differ (in this case specifically that there were different Gentiles Galatians 3:29 KJV and Ephesians 2:11-12 KJV).
Maybe he's readying the hybrid version ----- Things That Differ Are The Same.

Danoh

Why does STP specialize in everything the NT does not say and every way that the NT does not say it? Does he have some kind of issue with the apostles?

Wouldn't that be "and IN every way that the NT does not say it?"

Or "and every way that the NT does not say it IN?"

By the way, when I first typed that, my spell-check automatically converted the word "way" into the word "what."

I caught it and corrected it. This time.

:chuckle:

But anyway, your point was nevertheless clear, even with the typo, IP.

Anyone just a bit literate above the norm of most could easily have understood your intent.

Because you are still engaged in the commerce of thoughts and ideas, not so much through individual words, rather, through the flow of thought anyone word is merely a part of.

Result?

Get the flow of thought that IS clear; understand the one part of a phrase or sentence that IS clear, and that helps bring out the intended sense of the one word or phrase not at first clear.

And often, even if a wrong word was accidentally typed, or what have you.

Nehemiah 8:8 So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

Rom. 5: 6-8.

Danoh

Maybe he's readying the hybrid version ----- Things That Differ Are The Same.

How quickly you forget heir spit on that book, that one time I mentioned I was re-reading it.

So no, yours / even more so heirs / STP's would be "the hybrid version."