All the Feasts are fulfilled? That's Full Preterism!

jzeidler

The Law and Messiah are not in opposition to each other. Check that conjunction in Greek: it is not necessarily 'however'. And remember that the context is the gnostics telling the Colossians they shouldn't do the feasts...... Sorry of like you are telling others.

Yes they are. I am divorced from the law and married to Christ. Read your bible. Stop trying to be a Jew to please God and just be his son.

JonahofAkron

My point still stands despite your interpretation. I would rather fall in love with the substance not the shadow. What you want to do is equivalent to making out with a picture of your wife while she is standing in front of you. The shadow is meaningless, the substance is what counts.

Not true at all. You seem to think that the shadow disappears when the person casting it is present and that's simply untrue.

Another thing, the shadow will always outline what the shadow caster looks like-if we contextualize that, it means that the Law outlines who Messiah is and He will do: that substance is still the Law! He lived it and was it's physical embodiment on earth; the shadow caster only defines it's shadow more. His claim in Matthew 5:17-20 is to do just that: full it up and define it more for us to follow Him.

jzeidler

All the Feasts are fulfilled? That's Full Preterism!

Not true at all. You seem to think that the shadow disappears when the person casting it is present and that's simply untrue.

Another thing, the shadow will always outline what the shadow caster looks like-if we contextualize that, it means that the Law outlines who Messiah is and He will do: that substance is still the Law! He lived it and was it's physical embodiment on earth; the shadow caster only defines it's shadow more. His claim in Matthew 5:17-20 is to do just that: full it up and define it more for us to follow Him.

Read Romans 7 and you'll find out I'm right. Besides, when I have Jesus in front of me I don't care about his shadow. It's stupid to care about the shadow of the person you love when they are right there. In essence to love the shadow when the person is there is to commit adultery with their shadow. It's ridiculous and not even worth arguing about because it is so stupid.

OCTOBER23

Zigfeild said,

I am divorced from the law and married to Christ.
-----------------------------------------------------

-- What does your wife feel about that ?:):p

John 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

Revelation 14:12 Here is the patience of the saints:

here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The administration of the priesthood changed when the Tabernacle dissolved into the Temple system

The priests still had to be Levites from the family of Aaron.

The writer of Hebrews tells us that was still the case up to the days of Christ Jesus:

(Heb 7:5) And verily they that are of the sons of Levi, who receive the office of the priesthood, have a commandment to take tithes of the people according to the law, that is, of their brethren, though they come out of the loins of Abraham:

OCTOBER23

Hey Zigler, take a look at your bible .

JESUS TOOK AWAY THE ANIMAL SACRIFICES THAT WERE A SHADOW OF JESUS.

HE DID NOT TAKE AWAY THE 10 COMMANDMENTS .

:duh:

jzeidler

Zigfeild said,

I am divorced from the law and married to Christ.
-----------------------------------------------------

-- What does your wife feel about that ?:):p

John 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

Revelation 14:12 Here is the patience of the saints:

here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Romans 7:1-6

Drake Shelton

(Col 2:17 NIV) These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ.

The most important part of the verse is the last part: "the reality, however, is found in Christ".

LOL!!!

This is the Greek: ἅ ἐστιν σκιὰ τῶν μελλόντων τὸ δὲ σῶμα τοῦ Χριστοῦ

Could you please point out the word were here. Also soma (σῶμα ) does not mean reality. It means the body of messiah.

You people are disgusting.

Drake Shelton

Unclean creatures (acts 10:-16) eat with Gentiles (acts 10:17-48 & Gal 2:11-14) not keeping holy days (Col 2:16) all things to all people (1Cor 9:19-23)

There you go.

Read acts 11 Peter tells us plainly that vision meant gentiles were now coming into the covenant of Abraham.

The torah did not forbid eating with circumcised gentiles. Col. 2:16-17 commands keeping sabbaths. He says they ARE present shadows of things to come.

Then you believe in moral relativism?

Drake Shelton

The things to come was Christ and the cross. That's what the festivals were pointing to. Besides, I would rather fall in love with the substance not the shadow. What you want to do is equivalent to making out with a picture of your wife while she is standing in front of you. The shadow is meaningless, the substance is what counts.

Answer the op of this thread.

Drake Shelton

The priests still had to be Levites from the family of Aaron.

The writer of Hebrews tells us that was still the case up to the days of Christ Jesus:

(Heb 7:5) And verily they that are of the sons of Levi, who receive the office of the priesthood, have a commandment to take tithes of the people according to the law, that is, of their brethren, though they come out of the loins of Abraham:

You didn't address a single thing I said.

Drake Shelton

Watch this, it will show you that the shadows are done away with.

http://youtu.be/BM5--wsKIuk

Don't reply to this unless you actually watched it. So watch it and if you want to talk about it cool.

I've stopped at minute 13
at 12:32 he admits the passage says are, present tense, shadows of things that are, present tense, to come, future, and at 12:42 he admits the word is body not substance. That destroys your whole argument and admits mine. It's over dude. Finished. You've been had.

genuineoriginal

No they didn't. They were told to eat "unclean" creatures, ate with Gentiles, and didn't feel the need to observe feasts and sabbaths. Paul said he was all things to all men. He would live like a gentile to win them over to Jesus.

You must have forgotten to read Romans 14.

jzeidler

I've stopped at minute 13

at 12:32 he admits the passage says are, present tense, shadows of things that are, present tense, to come, future, and at 12:42 he admits the word is body not substance. That destroys your whole argument and admits mine. It's over dude. Finished. You've been had.

Maybe you should watch the whole thing so you can actually hear what he has to say.

JonahofAkron

Read Romans 7 and you'll find out I'm right. Besides, when I have Jesus in front of me I don't care about his shadow.
But that's the point: His shadow outlines Him and He is the fullness of what His shadow represents. If you carry that into the discussion of the Law, He is the fullness of what the Law stated-He is the Word incarnate.
It's stupid to care about the shadow of the person you love when they are right there. In essence to love the shadow when the person is there is to commit adultery with their shadow. It's ridiculous and not even worth arguing about because it is so stupid.
I'm not saying that I'm in love with a shadow. That's ridiculous and a straw man. I'm telling you that if you're saying that the shadow is made obsolete then carry the analogy through to it's actual end: He is the fullness of the Law embodied. It is worth arguing because you are still setting up a fallacious argument that you think that I'm giving you and that is simply untrue.