Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Jefferson
I created a new bumper sticker just last week:

"Proud Parents of a Teenage
Daughter in Public School Who
Hasn't Been Knocked-Up Yet."

Hey Jukia and Banzai, how much good taste do you think that is for a Christian?

I saw one similar to that about two weeks ago, Jefferson.

"Proud parents of a non-pregnant, Christian, public school student!

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Knight
I am thinking about it..... :think:

You do it and I'll cover my tailgate with them, take a picture, and submit a picture to the gallery of it.

Jukia

Jefferson: Mine can say "Proud parent of 2 daughters who went through public school and didn't get knocked up, 2 sons who went through public schools and didn't knock anyone up, none ever came home drunk or stoned or had the police call us at 3 in the morning and they all still make me laugh. And proud husband of a public school teacher"
To change the topic--people who bad-mouth public schools should try teaching. It is not an easy job. And should stop whining about how many girls get pregnant. If it is your daughter who gets pregnant or your son who gets someone pregnant seems to me that you screwed up somehow.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Hi Jukia :)

I do teach, and I am 100% sure my daughter will not have a baby before she is married. How, you ask? I don't ship her off unconcerned of where she is or who she is with for hours at a time. I care. But as far as "badmouthing" fed school, I am a survivor, I have bragging rights.

Anywho....

Back to gun rights... and t-shirts... and bumperstickers...

I just got mine, they are wonderful :) Hubby was wearing his to work last Friday and a guy stopped him to read it. This man said he had seen one one a "biker guy" and wanted a closer look :)

Jukia

Nineveh:
Was your "fed" school comment a Freudian slip? I find it interesting that all the people who talked about smaller government can't wait to produce "tests" for all children to take. Seems to me that the Federal govt is trying to Federalize education.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Jukia,
Trying? I thought they had succeeded. Nope, no slips showing, I meant fed school. In my state the kids couldn't pass the standardized tests, so they lowered the standard.

Jukia

I am in Connecticut, don't really know what or if standards were lowered for the current testing. My kids all older now, we made sure they did their work, they all got into good colleges and have done well. As a parent, you need to pay attention, raising your kids correctly is the most important thing you do.