Advocate Gun Control!!!

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Someone put the whole Spider-Man, and then later someone posted just his left leg. I think it was WA both times, but I'd have to check to make sure.

Banzai

:confused:

I don't get it. What's so funny about this t-shirt?
I mean, I didn't get the joke.

Maybe it's cause I'm brazilian? Can anyone explain it to me please?

Crow

Banzai--it's a satire aimed at people who advocate "gun control," infringing on other people's rights to keep guns. In this case the shirt advocates "gun control," then goes on to define gun control as being able to hit what you're shooting at.

Banzai

I see.

I'm by no means a leftist... actually I'm a very conservative YEC, but I don't know if I'd wear that shirt around here.

I'm not sure if that's a good thing for christians to wear... I mean, it's a good inside joke, but it may make the skeptics even more reluctant to listen to the message of Christ, don't you think?

And would you have a weapon at home?

Banzai

I would never own a gun.

Hey BB, ain't you that Lobster Administrator Assistant from that other Theology website?

Crow

Originally posted by BillyBob
Most of us have guns, it is an American Right! Owning a gun is in no way non-Christian.

I have a couple of dozen guns at home. And I don't see anything unChristian about wearing that shirt. I don't believe in false fronts just to try to hook and deceive people into hearing the message of Christ, do you? Anyone who breaks into my house is going to see gun control in action. I CAN hit what I shoot at.

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Banzai
I see.

I'm by no means a leftist... actually I'm a very conservative YEC, but I don't know if I'd wear that shirt around here.

I'm not sure if that's a good thing for christians to wear... I mean, it's a good inside joke, but it may make the skeptics even more reluctant to listen to the message of Christ, don't you think?

And would you have a weapon at home?

Banzai,

In the US, the second amendment to our Constitution guarantees us the right to bear and keep arms. Some very liberal politicians in our country want to take that right away and call that "gun control."

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by philosophizer
Ha! How many here have ever had a family gathering culminate in a skeet shoot?

My next door neighbor's gatherings culminate in everyone shooting at beer cans on the fence posts. Does that count? :chuckle:

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Banzai;
Hey BB, ain't you that Lobster Administrator Assistant from that other Theology website?

Billy;
No, I don't know what you are referring to.

Last edited:

Banzai

Originally posted by Crow
I have a couple of dozen guns at home. And I don't see anything unChristian about wearing that shirt. I don't believe in false fronts just to try to hook and deceive people into hearing the message of Christ, do you? Anyone who breaks into my house is going to see gun control in action. I CAN hit what I shoot at.

I really don't think that restraining from wearing a t-shirt like that could be considered "false front", and I'm surely not deceiving anyone. I mean, you're putting two messages together: Theology and The Right to Have a Weapon.

I like to evangelize, and I know from experience that if you kick a skeptic in the face with something that has nothing to do with the good news of Christ, or even something that can sound as the opposite of what the Bible preaches, you'll turn him away.

That's not "hiding the facts", but come on, it's just impossible to debate everything at once. So why make someone even more skeptic of the message of Christ because you just didn't care about a misinterpretation?

I think christians have more responsability than they are aware of. I'm not taking any chances.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
I don't see that t-shirt, (tastefully done in 50's retro :thumb: ), as any more offensive than the Brady Bill.

ooo nice evolution there Philo, I like the hair, but your t-shirt is a little offensive... :D

I haven't had nearly enough family gatherings that interesting:)

shoot... wonder if crow is adopting ...

Last edited:

Crow

Originally posted by Banzai
I really don't think that restraining from wearing a t-shirt like that could be considered "false front", and I'm surely not deceiving anyone. I mean, you're putting two messages together: Theology and The Right to Have a Weapon.

I like to evangelize, and I know from experience that if you kick a skeptic in the face with something that has nothing to do with the good news of Christ, or even something that can sound as the opposite of what the Bible preaches, you'll turn him away.

That's not "hiding the facts", but come on, it's just impossible to debate everything at once. So why make someone even more skeptic of the message of Christ because you just didn't care about a misinterpretation?

I think christians have more responsability than they are aware of. I'm not taking any chances.

I was "evangalized" by Bob Enyart, with the most offensive message possible. Y'all evangalize however you want, but if someone had approached me with that old meek soppy "Good News" front, I would have laughed in their faces.

Bob Enyart's style was so offensive, I couldn't ignore it. Heck, I used to watch him to laugh at him. I couldn't quite believe a Christian that didn't make all sorts of concilliatory gestures towards homos, liars, thieves, and murderers. I'd still be a heathen if it weren't for someone sending what y'all think is the wrong message. I'm glad someone took the responsibility to call them how they saw them for me.

Last edited:

Banzai

Originally posted by Crow
I was "evangalized" by Bob Enyart, with the most offensive message possible. Y'all evangalize however you want, but if someone had approached me with that old meek soppy "Good News" front, I would have laughed in their faces.

Bob Enyart's style was so offensive, I couldn't ignore it. Heck, I used to watch him to laugh at him. I couldn't quite believe a Christian that didn't make all sorts of concilliatory gestures towards homos, liars, theives, and murderers. I'd still be a heathen if it weren't for someone sending what y'all think is the wrong message. I'm glad someone took the responsibility to call them how they saw them for me.

Ok my message is not being clear.

I know Bob Enyart from BRVII and believe me, my style would be very similar to what you just quoted.

But there's a difference between debating in a rational way and wearing a t-shirt whith such a strong message but no rationalization behind it.

Should I wear a t-shirt with "gays are going to burn in hell - Theology Online" written in it?

Crow

Do we have a shirt like that? Knight, are y'all holding out on us? I want one! I didn't listen to Bob Enyart because he was rational, though he did that well, I listened to him because he was offensive. I would have passed your rational pitch without a second thought.