ECT Adam and death

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Not being destroyed is actually the complete opposite of being destroyed. Eternal nondestruction in hell is the opposite of destruction, and Jesus Christ said that the soul will be destroyed in Gehenna.

:cheers:

If you are correct, and the soul is not destroyed in hell, then Jesus Christ lied. You are mistaken.

Yes he is very much mistaken.

:sigh:

Cross Reference

I believe it is a parable.

That is your prerogative but only reveals you don't know what a parable is.

But whether it is a parable or not, it doesn't prove that death doesn't mean death. You will have to have better proof if you expect me to believe that death really means the exact opposite of death, okay?]/quote]

I need know better proof because no one DIED in that story/parable [as you choose to see it]!! Now! What was their situation or either side of the gulf __ that NEVER ended??

Think of it this way, Believers are promised eternal life, correct?

The Devil believes. Let's be more specific?
If EVERYONE actually receives eternal life, where is the promise to believers?

Matt 10:22.

Timotheos

That is your prerogative but only reveals you don't know what a parable is.

I need know better proof because no one DIED in that story/parable [as you choose to see it]!! Now! What was their situation or either side of the gulf __ that NEVER ended??

The Devil believes. Let's be more specific?

Matt 10:22.

I know what a parable is. It is "a simple story used to illustrate a moral or spiritual lesson, as told by Jesus in the Gospels."
It is evident that YOU don't know what a parable is. You are mistaken when you say that nobody died in the parable of the Rich Man and Lazarus. The parable states that both the rich man and Lazarus died. You are also mistaken that this parable says anywhere that death means separation from God. Reread the parable, it simply does not say that. You need to provide better proof if you expect me to accept your belief that death actually means the exact opposite of death.

"The Devil believes"? Is that your objection? Really?
Okay, I will be more specific. "For God so loved the world that he gave his only son that whosoever believes in him shall not perish but will have eternal life". If the promise of eternal life is for those who put their faith in Jesus Christ, and according to you EVERYONE has eternal life, then what good is the promise of eternal life? You are mistaken. You need to rethink your doctrine.

Matthew 10:22 doesn't begin to prove that death means eternal life separated from God. God's promise to believers is eternal life. Read John 3:16 and Romans 6:23 as just two of many examples. If everyone already has eternal life, the promise of eternal life is meaningless.

Last edited:

Cross Reference

I know what a parable is. It is "a simple story used to illustrate a moral or spiritual lesson, as told by Jesus in the Gospels."

A parable is NOT a simple story but an analogy that expresses an event/happening __ as in the using of the words: "Likened unto". cf Matt. 7:26; 13:24; 18:23; 25:1.

Now compare them with this: "And there was a certain beggar . . . ."
Luke 16:20-31.

Timotheos

A parable is NOT a simple story but an analogy that expresses an event/happening __ as in the using of the words: "Likened unto". cf Matt. 7:26; 13:24; 18:23; 25:1.

Now compare them with this: "And there was a certain beggar . . . ."
Luke 16:20-31.

You are missing the point. Parable or not, there is nothing from Luke 16:19-31 that says that death actually means no death.

As far as the definition of a parable goes, I gave you the definition of a parable, and there is no rule in the definition that says a parable can't say "there was a certain beggar". In fact, I know of many parables that start that way.

Once upon a time there was a boy whose name was Jack, and he lived with his mother on a common. They were very poor, and the old woman got her living by spinning, but Jack was so lazy that he would do nothing but bask in the sun in the hot weather, and sit by the corner of the hearth in the winter-time. So they called him Lazy Jack. His mother could not get him to do anything for her, and at last told him, one Monday, that if he did not begin to work for his porridge she would turn him out to get his living as he could.
This roused Jack, and he went out and hired himself for the next day to a neighbouring farmer for a penny; but as he was coming home, never having had any money before, he lost it in passing over a brook. “You stupid boy,” said his mother, “you should have put it in your pocket." “I’ll do so another time,” replied Jack.
On Wednesday, Jack went out again and hired himself to a cow-keeper, who gave him a jar of milk for his day’s work. Jack took the jar and put it into the large pocket of his jacket, spilling it all, long before he got home. “Dear me!” said the old woman; “you should have carried it on your head.” “I’ll do so another time,” said Jack.
So on Thursday, Jack hired himself again to a farmer, who agreed to give him a cream cheese for his services. In the evening Jack took the cheese, and went home with it on his head. By the time he got home the cheese was all spoilt, part of it being lost, and part matted with his hair. “You stupid lout,” said his mother, “you should have carried it very carefully in your hands.” “I’ll do so another time,” replied Jack.
On Friday, Lazy Jack again went out, and hired himself to a baker, who would give him nothing for his work but a large tom-cat. Jack took the cat, and began carrying it very carefully in his hands, but in a short time ***** scratched him so much that he was compelled to let it go. When he got home, his mother said to him, “You silly fellow, you should have tied it with a string, and dragged it along after you." “I’ll do so another time,” said Jack.
So on Saturday, Jack hired himself to a butcher, who rewarded him by the handsome present of a shoulder of mutton. Jack took the mutton, tied it to a string, and trailed it along after him in the dirt, so that by the time he had got home the meat was completely spoilt. His mother was this time quite out of patience with him, for the next day was Sunday, and she was obliged to make do with cabbage for her dinner. “You ninney-hammer,” said she to her son; “you should have carried it on your shoulder.” “I’ll do so another time,” replied Jack.
On the next Monday, Lazy Jack went once more, and hired himself to a cattle-keeper, who gave him a donkey for his trouble. Jack found it hard to hoist the donkey on his shoulders, but at last he did it, and began walking slowly home with his prize. Now it happened that in the course of his journey there lived a rich man with his only daughter, a beautiful girl, but deaf and dumb. Now she had never laughed in her life, and the doctors said she would never speak till somebody made her laugh. This young lady happened to be looking out of the window when Jack was passing with the donkey on his shoulders, with the legs sticking up in the air, and the sight was so comical and strange that she burst out into a great fit of laughter, and immediately recovered her speech and hearing. Her father was overjoyed, and fulfilled his promise by marrying her to Lazy Jack, who was thus made a rich gentleman. They lived in a large house, and Jack’s mother lived with them in great happiness until she died.
The Parable of Lazy Jack
http://www.authorama.com/english-fairy-tales-30.html

Cross Reference

You are missing the point. Parable or not, there is nothing from Luke 16:19-31 that says that death actually means no death.

As far as the definition of a parable goes, I gave you the definition of a parable, and there is no rule in the definition that says a parable can't say "there was a certain beggar". In fact, I know of many parables that start that way.

Then you are just a wilfully ignorant dude. What else need be said?Stupid, maybe.

Last edited:

Cross Reference

Your attitude is preventing you from seeing the truth, therefore I can't teach you anything. I recommend that you change your attitude before it gets you into trouble.

And your stupidity is preventing you from seeing it, therefore. I can't teach you anything, especially if Jesus can't.. I recommend you change your stiffnecked-ness before it gets you into trouble.

Jesus is who you are disputing with, not me. He made the distinction between the two by the words He chose. Death is how He described it in the account He used to "teach" you..

DAN P

That certainly would have the time to ask for clarification had there been any doubt in his "Superhuman" mind __ doncha think?

Hi and there is clarification , and it is Paul who writes in 1 Tim 2:14 , " that Adam was Not Deceived ".

dan p

Last edited:

Timotheos

And your stupidity is preventing you from seeing it, therefore. I can't teach you anything, especially if Jesus can't.. I recommend you change your stiffnecked-ness before it gets you into trouble.

Jesus is who you are disputing with, not me. He made the distinction between the two by the words He chose. Death is how He described it in the account He used to "teach" you..

I give up.

Here are Jesus Christ's own words, you may take it up with Him:
"Fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell."

You disagree with Jesus Christ (and also me, since I agree with Him).

Also your words betray your heart condition when you say "your stupidity", etc. Jesus said that we would know them by their fruit, and He is right. I think that you are a proverbial wolf in sheep's clothing. Since your attitude prevents understanding, I think I will leave you in your condition.

Cross Reference

I give up.

Here are Jesus Christ's own words, you may take it up with Him:
"Fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell."

You disagree with Jesus Christ (and also me, since I agree with Him).

Also your words betray your heart condition when you say "your stupidity", etc. Jesus said that we would know them by their fruit, and He is right. I think that you are a proverbial wolf in sheep's clothing. Since your attitude prevents understanding, I think I will leave you in your condition.

Give Up!!?? Good!! Best thing I have read from you! <conceited fop>

Timotheos

Why do you suppose I addressed you as I did?

I believe it is because your heart is hardened to the truth. Why else would you reject the words of Jesus Christ and mock me for believing that what He says is really true? Here is what He says "Fear the one who is able to destroy both the body and the soul in Gehenna." You think that I am stupid for believing that the body and soul can be destroyed. You addressed me as you did because you reject the truth and you believe that anyone who doesn't also reject the truth is stupid. As I said before, your attitude prevents you from seeing the truth in Scripture, therefore you mock me for believing the truth in Scripture. It's actually sad. I shouldn't have addressed you as "moron". I should pity you because of your hardened heart condition, your blindness. I pray that Jesus Christ will open your eyes to the truth and that you will accept the truth and not reject it.

Cross Reference

I believe it is because your heart is hardened to the truth. Why else would you reject the words of Jesus Christ and mock me for believing that what He says is really true?

I gave you a definition by what Jesus said you rejected just to protect you spiritual bent. That revealed your lack 'spiritual' integrity. I have no patience with those who have a private agenda and use the truth of the scriptures in an attempt to support it.

Here is what He says "Fear the one who is able to destroy both the body and the soul in Gehenna." You think that I am stupid for believing that the body and soul can be destroyed. You addressed me as you did because you reject the truth and you believe that anyone who doesn't also reject the truth is stupid. As I said before, your attitude prevents you from seeing the truth in Scripture, therefore you mock me for believing the truth in Scripture. It's actually sad. I shouldn't have addressed you as "moron". I should pity you because of your hardened heart condition, your blindness. I pray that Jesus Christ will open your eyes to the truth and that you will accept the truth and not reject it.

The fact you can't understand, or don't want to __ I choose the latter, what I submitted to you, re eternal never-ending destruction, is your problem not mine. I suggest you deal with it before putting letters next to your name.

OMT: I don't need a novice to "teach" me, especially when you have nothing to offer and no means to deliver it.

Jedidiah

Dying is tied to knowledge of good and evil. How ? Maybe death consciousness ? It could be that life is no different now than in the garden, and the whole difference is the sinful encephalopathogen that infects our mortal bodies, and makes us death conscious in a way that brings and requires sin, along with the fear of death that seems fairly widespread if it doesn't affect us all.

But I more think that it also meant the introduction of physical death into the world, if not for all animals, certainly for humans.
The serpent: Eve, are you sure you should trust God ?
Eve: You know I'm not! I think He's up to something...gimme that fruit !